What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tottenham Hotspur: "To Dare Is To Do"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedVGooner

Juniors
i dont have a source but apprently barca have told you guys that u can have samuel eto'o for 27m euros

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
not that easy but we've been hearing that for about two weeks

Eto'o is keen on Ramos and it seems so is every other Spaniard and Comolli wants to spend up big this season, around 40 mill euros, so if we sell Berbs thats around 70 mill to spend

fish eel

Immortal
Twiz, I download a couple of soccer podcasts to listen to on the train going to work, now I think it was on the one from the English Guardian Newspaper, called 'Football Weekly'. They seemed to suggest the main sticking point on the deal was Spurs not being able to afford his wage demands. Seemed they think to get him, Spurs would have to be quite inventive in terms of giving him a big salary then extra bonuses.

You can get it through Itunes for free if you wanted to track it down - granted its only a few minutes of a 40 minute program.

Mong

Post Whore
*Yawn*

Spurs are always just about to sign everybody and just about to be a "big club".

Yet they could not make the top 10 this season..

Big club indeed..

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Twiz, I download a couple of soccer podcasts to listen to on the train going to work, now I think it was on the one from the English Guardian Newspaper, called 'Football Weekly'. They seemed to suggest the main sticking point on the deal was Spurs not being able to afford his wage demands. Seemed they think to get him, Spurs would have to be quite inventive in terms of giving him a big salary then extra bonuses.

You can get it through Itunes for free if you wanted to track it down - granted its only a few minutes of a 40 minute program.

thanks fishy but I've got pretty good contacts, I've know about Eto'o for some time not to mention a few others

the biggest thing for is Berby staying or going, 35€ mill to Manue or €25 mill to Milan, the Milan deal involves a swap with another player, or €25 mill to Barca. They are the deals on the table atm, but the Manure one is only very recent. Comolli has said he doesn't want to sell him to an EPL team.

I really dont care whether he stays or goes if we cash in on him we'll spend up even bigger, as long as the deal is done early and gives us time to look around

We're also letting Chimbonda and a few others go, having a bit of a clean out, Cerny has gone to QPR, Robbo will also be sold off

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
here's one good rumour

ronniemw3.jpg

Deacon

First Grade
Five-year deal for Huddlestone

Tottenham's England Under-21 international midfielder Tom Huddlestone has signed a new five-year deal at White Hart Lane.
Huddlestone: Pens new contract

The 21-year-old, who joined Spurs from Derby in 2005, has pledged his future to the north London club until 2013.
Huddlestone made 43 appearances for Juande Ramos' side in all competition last season, scoring four goals.
He was also caught the eye of Fabio Capello and was called up to the full England squad for the end of season internationals against the USA and Trinidad and Tobago.
Meanwhile, Spurs have also reached agreement with Perugia to sign Italian youth goalkeeper Mirko Ranieri.
The 16-year-old is expected to play in the club's academy team next season.
The club's sporting director Damien Comolli said: "Mirko is 6ft 2in and an excellent shot-stopper. His distribution and decision-making is improving all
the time.
"He is a highly-intelligent individual and another very good young goalkeeper
we have attracted to the club."

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Twiz..

Can you tell us any new signings for Spurs that may be on the horison?

apparently Bently has had his medical and will be announced any day now, some media outlets are saying its already official

next will/could be this guy

Cerro Porteno general manager Bernardo Balbuena has told setantasports.com during an exclusive interview that Tottenham Hotspur are negotiating the transfer of centre back Nelson Cabrera.

no one has heard of him, but I'd suggest he'll be back up for a King or Woodgate injury

the next big one would be Diego Capel (left mid) but there is a buy out clause that Sevilla have put on him which is apparently illegal and only applies to Spanish clubs. Once this is sorted out he'll be a Spur for around €15m if t buy out clause is applied, otherwise it should be around €8mill

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
as far as our strikers go, Berby is more likely to stay than leave, but nothing final

Keane to Liverpool may not go ahead as we dont want crouch and we want €20mill cash

strong rumour that we have bid €28mill for David Villa which is €5mill more than anyone else and his club has agreed to the deal, I'm not real confident on this one tho

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
a snippet from this mornings London Telecrap

Robbie Keane’s future at White Hart Lane looks to be more secure tonight, with Tottenham discrediting reports which claim that the striker has filed a transfer requested to leave the club.

Suggestions that Keane has asked for permission to move to Liverpool are believed to have been wide of the mark, yet Spurs remain keen to nip in the bud any speculation surrounding the player, making it clear that they will obstruct any move made to tempt the player away.

One club that they will have to dissuade is Liverpool. Rafael Benitez is understood to have approved a player-plus-cash offer of Peter Crouch and £5 million to sign the 27-year-old, who he envisages as the perfect strike partner for Fernando Torres next season.

However, trading in Keane for Crouch is not on the Spurs agenda. Keane scored 24 goals in all competitions last season and has been an integral part of the side since signing from Leeds United for £7 million six years ago. With Liverpool currently in protracted negotiations with Aston Villa for Gareth Barry, and lacking quick access to funds, it is likely that Spurs will price the club out of any deal.

It would be a worrying development for Tottenham if Keane should decide that Champions League football at the Merseyside club is too hard to resist. Their other lead strikers, Dimitar Berbatov and Darren Bent, have also been linked with moves away from London this summer, and attempts to find reinforcement for the front line has thus far proved fruitless.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/07/01/ufnkeane301.xml

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like Seville just dont want to do business with us because we stole their manager,

They wont sell Capel to us, we are now looking at a few others

Some Spurs fans seem to be happy with this as they dont rate Capel, but Ramos does

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
alot of movement at WHL atm, well not actually at WHL, 4 players were put on the plane home from Spain while the rest of the squad head off to boot camp

Chimbo, Taino, Malbranque and Kaboul all shown the door, for a total of around 17mill

4 incoming at around 40mill

and on top of this, Setanta are showing the CC final atm :D

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
all off to Sunderland btw

rumour only at this stage but very strong otherwise I wouldn't be posting it

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
from the official site

Bentley to The Lane

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Blackburn Rovers for the transfer of David Bentley.

The England international made 133 appearances for the Ewood Park side - scoring 21 goals - after initially joining on loan from Arsenal in August 2005, the move being made permanent in January 2006.
The 23-year-old has now won six senior England caps after previously representing his country at B, Under-21 and Under-20 level.

clicky

good signing but we paid way too much imo, (17mill)

weasel

First Grade
Let's just hope he's not the only one of the rumoured signings that come to fruition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts