What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toulouse or London Promoted to SL!!

The Daddy3

Juniors
London Broncos upset League Leaders Featherstone Rovers last night to qualify for the Championship grand final. They will play Toulouse in Toulouse now on Saturday.
Toulouse beat Bradford Bulls to qualify.

That means a club from a major European city will be in SL next year, great news for the sport in the northern hemisphere. 👍

Brian potter

Bench
London Broncos upset League Leaders Featherstone Rovers last night to qualify for the Championship grand final. They will play Toulouse in Toulouse now on Saturday.
Toulouse beat Bradford Bulls to qualify.

That means a club from a major European city will be in SL next year, great news for the sport in the northern hemisphere. 👍
On paper it would indeed appear to be great news but in reality both London and Toulouse have no financial clout behind them and next to no fans supporting them which will see them struggle at the foot of the table unfortunately.

personally I hope Toulouse win and end up being promoted to super league and somehow survive by the skin of their teeth and hopefully begin a slow process of developing and laying down solid foundations in super league to the benefit of not only Toulouse but French RL as a whole including the national team.

The Daddy3

Juniors
On paper it would indeed appear to be great news but in reality both London and Toulouse have no financial clout behind them and next to no fans supporting them which will see them struggle at the foot of the table unfortunately.

personally I hope Toulouse win and end up being promoted to super league and somehow survive by the skin of their teeth and hopefully begin a slow process of developing and laying down solid foundations in super league to the benefit of not only Toulouse but French RL as a whole including the national team.
Wrong, Toulouse have always had strong support and now have new backers.

NRLMad

Juniors
The only way we can grow the game is by expansion outside. Great news that Toulouse have got to the grand final. They need to beat London. They then need to be very selective on who they sign - I’d be looking at qld cup players and a few png players rather than nrl players. Sign them for 2-3 year min deals.

Gobsmacked

Bench
The only way we can grow the game is by expansion outside. Great news that Toulouse have got to the grand final. They need to beat London. They then need to be very selective on who they sign - I’d be looking at qld cup players and a few png players rather than nrl players. Sign them for 2-3 year min deals.
True. Having recently been in SL , Having a feel for it and probably a fair chunk of the same roster and players being developed should be a huge benefit this time.
Onwards and upwards! If they win 🙈

Perth Red

Post Whore
I was disappointed by the Toulouse crowds last time in SL, they avgd 5k. they have also had reported financial issues last year.

London have the stadium, have in the past been able to get 7k crowds and probably offer more value long term to Superleague.

both bring different positives though so either can hopefully be succesful

the good news is with no relegation next season whoever comes up only needs to get a better grading than Wakey, York or Bradford to stay up.

Wb1234

Referee
The final is at toulose isn’t it

toulose should be given three years immunity from relegation like catalans were and they will end up a bigger club

huddersfield are a useless club so hopefully London take their spot next year

Gobsmacked

Bench
I was disappointed by the Toulouse crowds last time in SL, they avgd 5k. they have also had reported financial issues last year.

London have the stadium, have in the past been able to get 7k crowds and probably offer more value long term to Superleague.

both bring different positives though so either can hopefully be succesful

the good news is with no relegation next season whoever comes up only needs to get a better grading than Wakey, York or Bradford to stay up.
So Toulouse had 1 year in SL vs how many did London have?
A marginally better crowd is hardly a reason to want London.

Rugby league in France needs this !
If Toulouse can stay up, it will help the game there tremendously!

Come on Toulouse!!

Gobsmacked

Bench
This article sums it up pretty good I think. Basically Toulouse have now addressed their funding issues, have new owners and structures and it all looks pretty positive.

Wb1234

Referee
This article sums it up pretty good I think. Basically Toulouse have now addressed their funding issues, have new owners and structures and it all looks pretty positive.

Back in the glory days of French rugby league they were a massive club

they will easily match Perpignan if given the same chances

Perth Red

Post Whore
The final is at toulose isn’t it

toulose should be given three years immunity from relegation like catalans were and they will end up a bigger club

huddersfield are a useless club so hopefully London take their spot next year
Yes at Toulouse
there is no automatic relegation anymore.

Victoire

Juniors
Great stuff! Corey Norman up against his old club. I'd like to see either team in Superleague but having a soft spot for the Frenchies I'll be going for Toulouse

Wb1234

Referee
Yes at Toulouse
there is no automatic relegation anymore.
English rl might finally turn the corner

you got rid of Wakey

hudds and Salford are the only remaining with awful crowds but at least Salford is a big city plus Manchester next door

hudds offer nothing

super league should pretty much remain as is for next year going forward and let that build

Gobsmacked

Bench
English rl might finally turn the corner

you got rid of Wakey

hudds and Salford are the only remaining with awful crowds but at least Salford is a big city plus Manchester next door

hudds offer nothing

super league should pretty much remain as is for next year going forward and let that build
This article is a decent piece.

Wb1234

Referee
This article is a decent piece.

Super league has so much potential but it needs a Peter vlandys type can do leader

Richard Lewis was doing amazing things for the game but since he left expansion has struggled

it might take aussie ownership of super league to make it a much bigger sport

yakstorm

First Grade
I'll be happy if either qualify. London is in a better position this time around to maximise their return to Super League (Trailfinders and The Hive were ridiculous grounds for a professional club) and potentially could build something, whilst we all know what Toulouse can bring to the French game.