What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toulouse or London Promoted to SL!!

Perth Red

Post Whore
6800 isn’t small for a top of Championship / bottom of Super League level club. Good base to build on.

From what I understand finishing last in SL accumulates more points than finishing first in the Championship under the new grading. Seems a very genuine possibility that London could still miss out to Wakefield for 2025.
How? London have better stadium, will score more on location and will score more on finishing position even if they come last. Not sure on finances as the new Wakey owner may be coined?

You have
hudds
cas
london
wakey
toulouse

who will all likely score high C or Lower B grad licenses but I’ll be amazed if any SL incumbents are replaced for first couple of years at least.

jim_57

Staff member
How? London have better stadium, will score more on location and will score more on finishing position even if they come last. Not sure on finances as the new Wakey owner may be coined?

You have
hudds
cas
london
wakey
toulouse

who will all likely score high C or Lower B grad licenses but I’ll be amazed if any SL incumbents are replaced for first couple of years at least.

Finishing position is over last 3 years, London will still have their 11th place finish in the championship from last year be counted whilst Wakefield were in Super League.

Crowds they’d have to average a huge amount in 24 to bring their 3 year average over the lowest threshold.

As for other areas only catchment and stadium really stand out as ones where they’d score well. All the financial & fandom ones certainly won’t be anything spectacular to blow Wakefield out of the water.

Indicative grading will give clubs a good indication what they need to do in 2024 to make they cut.