What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Toulouse or London Promoted to SL!!

taste2taste

Juniors
t5_09ter_napoleon_fontainebleau_full-tt-width-637-height-911-crop-1-bgcolor-ffffff-lazyload-0.jpg
French Rugby League can't ever get the ball to bounce thier way.

We're all awaiting for the French government to help French RL to get back to thier glory days as they promised when they cancelled the World Cup lol

I'm not holding my breathe they'll invest 1 euro into the game.

Wb1234

Referee
Whatever your expectations are for super league to expand halve it

and they will still disappoint

Perth Red

Post Whore
Congratulations London, fought to get in the final then fought back from behind to win the game and promotion.
Unlucky Toulouse, 6 Inches from promotion! It can be a cruel game as feth and Toulouse fans will tell you.

let’s hope broncos can attract some further investors and build a club worthy of being in SL. They’ve got the stadium for it at long last, just need to build a competitive team and attract fans and sponsors now for long term sustainability.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Congratulations London, fought to get in the final then fought back from behind to win the game and promotion.
Unlucky Toulouse, 6 Inches from promotion! It can be a cruel game as feth and Toulouse fans will tell you.

let’s hope broncos can attract some further investors and build a club worthy of being in SL. They’ve got the stadium for it at long last, just need to build a competitive team and attract fans and sponsors now for long term sustainability.
So out of the last 28 seasons only 4 clubs has won sl and 1 of those isn't in it anymore.
That's 3 teams in 3 decades..
Just thought I'd point that out to mr pro p an r

Wb1234

Referee
So out of the last 28 seasons only 4 clubs has won sl and 1 of those isn't in it anymore.
I think four clubs out of 12 don’t spend the full cap. Wakey significantly so

the big three clubs can just sign players and coaches from the little clubs when they have a good year

Gobsmacked

Bench
I think four clubs out of 12 don’t spend the full cap. Wakey significantly so

the big three clubs can just sign players and coaches from the little clubs when they have a good year
If we open this comp up to big cities and investors, that won't be an issue and they'll loss there advantage.
Imagine that they're against it lol.

Only threat so far has been an expansion club..Catalan.. go figure.

Perth red is against such expansion in the the North of England.. Wonder why?
Yet pro expansion here.. Wonder why?

You can't make this shit up.
Complete f**kwitt.

Wb1234

Referee
If we open this comp up to big cities and investors, that won't be an issue and they'll loss there advantage.

Complete f**kwitt.
Arlc needs to take over super league
Or start a totally separate league that bypasses super league

Say four to six French clubs
England have London Manchester Newcastle Liverpool Leeds and Bradford
wales
Toronto and ottowa

RedVee_8

Juniors

So this new ground they are sharing with Wimbledon (AFC?) is worthy of Super League? And will help them with the pints system Vs some of the other SL clubs?

So this new ground they are sharing with Wimbledon (AFC?) is worthy of Super League? And will help them with the pints system Vs some of the other SL clubs?
Rumour mill saying that they don't pay any rent on the ground as the Broncos owner loaned the soccer a large amount of money to stop the soccer club going under on condition that the Broncos don't pay any rent until the loan is returned in full, but i stress Rumour.

Perth Red

Post Whore
No p&r and Wakefield are in SL next year not london, just saying.
bit like Cronulla or one fo the other suburban washers in nrl instead of perth

Perth Red

Post Whore

Complete f**kwitt.
There isn’t a viable second division in australia to promote and relegate from dckhead

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes, it’s just over 9k all seater with corporate facilities. They lose points being tenants rather than owners but it’ll still score more than a number of grounds.

taste2taste

Juniors
Yes, it’s just over 9k all seater with corporate facilities. They lose points being tenants rather than owners but it’ll still score more than a number of grounds.
What are your thoughts on the chances of Toulouse being promoted through img ?

Thier crowds weren't great when in SL ( largely due to covid restrictions) and a small crowd to watch them in the final last night .....?

Perth Red

Post Whore

Thier crowds weren't great when in SL ( largely due to covid restrictions) and a small crowd to watch them in the final last night .....?
I can’t see them beating cas who are probably going to be the lowest level license along with London next year.

I expect any SL club who gets a lower license grade than a championship club will take it to court tbh.

my guess:
Criteria
Fandom (25%): Cas - Toulouse - Wakey - London
Performance (25%): Cas - who ever gets promoted - wakey - team not promoted
Finances (25%): cas - whoever gets promoted will have a bigger revenue stream- wakey - team not promoted
Stadium (15%): Toulouse - London - Wakey - cas
Catchment (10%): London/Toulouse - wakey - cas

Wb1234

Referee
I can’t see them beating cas who are probably going to be the lowest level license along with London next year.

I expect any SL club who gets a lower license grade than a championship club will take it to court tbh.

my guess:
Criteria
Finances (25%): cas - whoever gets promoted will have a bigger revenue stream- wakey - team not promoted
Hudds more a chance of going Down than cas

jim_57

Staff member

6800 isn’t small for a top of Championship / bottom of Super League level club. Good base to build on.

From what I understand finishing last in SL accumulates more points than finishing first in the Championship under the new grading. Seems a very genuine possibility that London could still miss out to Wakefield for 2025.

taste2taste

Juniors

my guess:
Criteria
Damn ! Has French League ever caught a break ? :( :( :(