What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TPAs revealed!

Big Pete

Referee
'Small non-cash' deals doesn't lend itself to a grey area. If players are signing with other clubs because they don't have to pay for the buffet at the clubhouse, more power to them. Based on the information we have, I can't see how clubs can offer players luxuries that would actually make a difference. Not unless they came under the second-tier cap where they can offer players cars and the like.

That doesn't mean clubs aren't finding other loopholes and exploits, it's just difficult seeing that being one of them.

isaiah

Bench
so all this time we thought Bellamy was a master coach......turns out his effective salary cap was just bigger than other clubs due to all the extra TPAs

Brisbane has to go down as one of the great failures in recent times. All those TPAs but no premiership. All that advantage, but they can't get the trophy. lol@broncos

What this shows is what a great club the Sydney Roosters are. How amazing our cap mangement is and how incredible Robbo's coaching is. Our TPAs are below average, and around the median, yet over the last six years we've had four minor premierships and a second place (and two major premierships). Which is a superb result, considering our limited TPAs
What else that showed the greatness of the roosters was who the club legend on stage after the gf was. Ian Schubert, salary cap auditor. #findaloophole

siv

First Grade
What else that showed the greatness of the roosters was who the club legend on stage after the gf was. Ian Schubert, salary cap auditor. #findaloophole

Is his statue being prepared in a garden of money trees

Has the salary cap auditor ever been someone who wasnt a Roosters insider?

Yes, the last two - Jamie L'Oste Brown who took the job after Schubert, and then hios cuccessor Richard Gardham who had previously worked as a manager and consultant at Deloitte in Australia and the UK, as well as a senior grants manager at the Big Lottery Fund. Source: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...-in-head-office-shake-up-20170202-gu3vxo.html

Neither of the above two blokes worked nor played for the Roosters.

siv

First Grade
I am not talking about punishments, i am referring to the practicalities of implementing it.

How do you value a future promise?

What happens if the promise isn't fulfilled?

Well I guess we just saw what happens with this scenario with Farah

Tommy Smith

Referee
Maybe, just maybe, some clubs are run better than others...
What a preposterous idea!

I think you'll find that all 16 clubs are run 100% equally well and the only way that some clubs do better than others is via cheating.

Kinda like how the smart kids in class MUST be cheating, right? Or so say the dumb kids anyway...

macavity

Referee
Maybe, just maybe, some clubs are run better than others...

One does not preclude the other.... how soon we forget.

storm-salary.jpg