Trade Ivan to Penrith for 2019

Discussion in 'Wests Tigers' started by Mario chalmers, Sep 19, 2018.

1. BrotherJim05

BrotherJim05 Juniors

If we ended up with a no name coach I would have been livid over this Ivan Cleary business but tbh I'm actually happy we finally have a coach who knows how to win a premiership (since the Sheenius of course)

Crazyperpman likes this.
  2. Ron's_Mate

Ron's_Mate Bench

Let's hope we end up calling him His Madgesty.

3. The Charlatan

The Charlatan Coach

I'm over it now. Worked out better for us in the end. Lost a coach who got the ball rolling and brought in someone who has done something of note both in England and Australia.

At the end of the day, Ivan and Nathan are laughing all the way to the bank. They've both got five years banked. Even if Cleary does get punted early he'll get a nice sum to retire on if no other club will have him on. The taunts and jeers will only sting for so long before he stops caring.

Sweetest revenge will be to go on an enjoy some real success under Madge, here's hoping that he can deliver.

gordsy, macnaz and super_coach like this.
  4. BuffaloRules

BuffaloRules Coach

It’s a relief that the Tigers aren’t involved in this Bennett drama..After the Cleary saga, feels great just being a spectator for this one..

Now that I have had a month or so to digest it, feeling good about Madge..

The two weaknesses the Tigers have had these past 10 years is soft defence and lack of fitness...

Pretty sure both these things will improve in 2019, although to be fair to Cleary, the defensive improvement started in 2018..

So can they make the Top 8 in 2019?

If they can get one more decent center then they could sneak in...wouldn’t hate on the idea of Dylan Walker getting a start at the Tigers in 19..

Get Brooks resigned and a couple of new big name signings in time for 2020 and by then they might just be a premiership chance..

simmo1, WT2K, Tigerm and 6 others like this.
  5. Vic Mackey

Vic Mackey Coach

God imagine if after the Ivan drama we were dealing with this Bennett bullshit. Like others I initially preferred Wayne to Madge but now I couldn’t be happier with our choice.

Tiger5150, WT2K, Tigerm and 3 others like this.
  6. Das Hassler

Das Hassler Juniors

From the set of Home and Away to Wayne's World.

7. Tiger Ted

Tiger Ted Juniors

Exactly.

I’ve got a really strong feeling that Madge’s appointment is going to end up being the best decision this merged entity has made.Top draw coach & a genuinely good bloke.

Madge will leave no stone unturned in his endeavour to turn this soft club into a formidable force & a premiership contender not to far down the track.

WT2K likes this.
  8. Wookies&Cream

Wookies&Cream Juniors

Delusional

9. Das Hassler

Das Hassler Juniors

Really dont want to bring this stuff up again but today's Cleary article in the Herald Nathan said he had never spoken with the Tigers ...was never coming to the Tigers and that Ivan always knew that and had accepted it.....all fair enough and i totally believe it but one has to wonder....what was all of the "i want to bring Nathan to the Tigers and Luke is passionate about the club but knows exactly what the situation is"....situation?....well what situation then if Ivan knew full well that his kid wasn't coming over? !.....why put Brooksie...the club and the supporters through the uncertainty about his future at WT (over Nathan) through all of this season when he knew it was a non issue! Too bad if another club had caught Brooksie in a downer and we lost him over it all ...again. ..Nathan said Ivan knew he was never coming...then WTF was all that intrigue about then??
    Sure happy that he and all of that nonsense have moved on.

Tiger05, macnaz and Vic Mackey like this.
  10. Crazyperpman

Crazyperpman Juniors

Bottom line, IC played it brilliantly, got massive overs out of the Panthers for himself and his son and ended up in what he perceived as a better job. The only casualty was his credibility but when you and your son are on about 10 million over the next 5 years it probably doesn't matter.

I think WT are better for having IC here and are now better off with Madge coming on board, so all good.

Time to build a bridge and get on with 2019.

11. Ron's_Mate

Ron's_Mate Bench

Yeah I think it's worked out really well for us. Ivan is a bit of a weird dude.

macnaz likes this.
  12. Das Hassler

Das Hassler Juniors

Only thing that makes sense is he was keeping the pressure on the Panthers for the best possible deal for his kid ...Nathan only ever said publicly that it would be hard to leave the Panthers which means as much that he could leave as stay while knowing all along that he was staying. They played the tagteam well....i would hope that the "Luke knows exactly what the situation is" meant exactly that and he knew he was safe all along. Whatever it was...glad Ivan came. ...it was a positive..and glad he's gone now

The Charlatan likes this.