What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade Ivan to Penrith for 2019

I think history will show it was an error by the panthers to lock him for 5 years.

This year was a wipe-out by anyone standards.

Gus said hook couldn’t win them a gf, suggesting ivan could- but there’s been a massive clean out of elite players, making that scenario less likely.

I don’t think it’s healthy for a club to embed favouritism of that order.

It creates jealously and puts too much pressure on the young bloke.

It also cost them millions for this cavalier gamble.

It might get a pass mark if it was Bellamy and kid, but ffs not Ivan.

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors
Gus said hook couldn’t win them a gf, suggesting ivan could- but there’s been a massive clean out of elite players, making that scenario less likely

it's been widely reported Gus never wanted Ivan to come back and coach, hence his departure not long after his arrival. Apparently he wanted Barrett

Das Hassler

Bench
Ivan's best so far ( over there) has been to move RCG on. That was a step in the right direction....not that i care

it's been widely reported Gus never wanted Ivan to come back and coach, hence his departure not long after his arrival. Apparently he wanted Barrett

Yes, those reports were true according to panther people.

Gus was sent in to do a hatchet job on Hook but I think he went over the top.

Time will tell if Barrett could have been the better choice. So far so good....for Barrett.

I don’t understand why the panther fans were so drunk on snaring Ivan.

They carried on like idiots, proud of their clubs unethical mischief. Truly sickening and the are now reaping the rewards of such bullshittery.

They will be lucky to climb above 13th next year.

Getting rid of dwz was a brilliant masterstroke of retention and recruitment. As soon as he left, he found his game.

Gus has now gone onto the open market for consultancy gigs a la dragons and can leave the mess at Penrith behind.

Ivan screaming at the official in the tunnel was a good indicator of his nervous tension and inability to come to grips with his failure.

Then of course, he misled and lied about it.

But the game is used to that....