What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trades & Signings Thread

Raider_69

Post Whore
Hard to call Shawne Merrimen a play maker these days.
Super Mario will improve the Bills D significantly

when a free agent premiere pass rusher hits the market, his value is what ever it takes to sign him.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hard to call Shawne Merrimen a play maker these days.
Super Mario will improve the Bills D significantly

when a free agent premiere pass rusher hits the market, his value is what ever it takes to sign him.

He finally had the surgery he should've had 3 years ago, he should be 100%

I love the deal! Top 3 d end, 26, he is a fantastic purchase and not over the top.

Just wait and see when ware starts negotiating his deal...

The deal is fine, it transforms our d, and if we go coples, perry etc in the draft on d it will be unbelievable.

All we need now is another wr or the ones we have to finally go the year without injuries, sane with Terrance McGee at corner, need him to be 100 %

Raider_69

Post Whore
have you seen this raider?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/e...wl-seriously?ttag=gen10_on_all_fb_na_txt_0001

DeSean Jackson guarantees Eagles Super Bowl (seriously)

"In one of those years, I'm going to guarantee a Super Bowl. We've been so close since I've been here the past four years. ...The sky's the limit.”

And this …

"Hands down I think we're one of the best teams in the NFL,” Jackson said. “I want to shoot for the Hall of Fame. I want to shoot for Super Bowls. That's something I haven't done yet.”

I did see that
Jackson is a confident guy and i see no reason why he should be thinking Super Bowl in the next 5 years. Guaranteeing it was cringeworthy stuff, like the dream team last year from VY but im not worry about it

If thats his aim, good because to achieve that he will need to put his body on the line and start making plays for this team. The whole organisation and fan base is itching for a ring. So i would hope our roster is thinking big

they should be thinking superbowl.

Vick. Djack. Shady

they should be winning the east or i n the wildcard position this year. regardless of the giants.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
It will interesting to watch the pats vs bills games this year, still think solder can handle williams plus a pass rush means forroom for welker, woodhead, gronk, hernandez and lloyd to move in

Raider_69

Post Whore
Mario Williams has spent an entire career dominating tackles
i think Jason Peters is the games best left tackle, but all bets are off when it comes to guys like Williams, Ware and Allen. Even with the best LT in the game (imo) i would worry about Mario Williams getting hits on Vick...

Nate Solder is not Jason Peters, and Tom Brady and not Michael Vick (i speak of course in terms of his ability to use his feet to beat defenders). The Pats will be worryed about this match up, no questions

Big Mick

Referee
Nate Solder....good player but Williams will eat him for lunch. He's given up sacks to the likes of Maybin before...as well as Bryan Thomas...they aren't Mario.

Williams is already the premier pass rusher in the division. Wake will be shit in a 4-3 now. He's not big enough for a 4-3 DE which means he'll be too big for a regular LB spot. Then the Patriots have Andre Carter and now Jonathan Fanene. While The Jets have noone except for Maybin.

Williams is the top pass rusher and to be honest with Dareus and Williams collapsing the pocket inside out....good luck containing Mario sliding around the edge.

I just hope they stay fit. If they are fit and we get a difference maker on the other side...whether already on the roster or not...damn...gonna be FUN to watch :D

Big Mick

Referee
It will interesting to watch the pats vs bills games this year, still think solder can handle williams plus a pass rush means forroom for welker, woodhead, gronk, hernandez and lloyd to move in

Nah I don't think so.

We'll be able to rush only 4 now.

in the 3-4 we couldn't get any penetration really with the front 3...and then 3 of our 4 LB's were trying to blitz and failed.

Now we'll be able to use the Giants model of rush 4, while the LB's drop back into coverage and just HIT.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
i hope it pulls off, as i like the bills as a team, and giants model will get you smashed, a fit gronk and the Superbowl goes the other way... and i know solder wont be able to handle williams but i can only hope right, Waters and solder might not be too bad, but containing Williams just means Dareus will kill brady

Raider_69

Post Whore
The pats arent a dumb team, they will scheme for him, probably move a big body like Gronk to the left in formations and chip him on his way out to his route

Big Mick

Referee
The pats arent a dumb team, they will scheme for him, probably move a big body like Gronk to the left in formations and chip him on his way out to his route

Mate I aint saying they are.

They are successful and best team in the division for a reason.

But if they scheme for him, what are they going to do with a healthy Merriman, Kyle Williams and Marcell Dareus?

If they use Gronk to chip him, then you are taking away the long and medium routes for Gronk...and you could only utilise him on short out routes or and out slant.

Gronk will likely stay on the right. Williams preference is to rush from the LDE. So facing a combo of Solder and Gronk.

The more I think it the more I want Kuechley @ #10.

Kuechley - Sheppard - Barnett
Kelsay - Dareus - Williams - Williams

#salivating

Please just let me have this :( I've been a depressed Bills fan for years. Just so excited by this move haha. Let me dream of winning the AFC East for 10 minutes until reality sets in that our secondary still has holes :(

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
it dpends how the pats draft, if they Go Barron and Hill at 27 and 31 which i doubt they use both picks you could have a line up of

Welker---- Hernandez---- OL----Gronk----Lloyd----Hill....

You have the best slot Reciever in Welker
A Great Young fast good hands TE in Hernandez
A Freak in Gronk
A Smart, fast, Good hands Reciever that can go deep short or through the middle in Lloyd
And a Very raw but a blindingly Quick Reviever in Hill, who could be the next Megatron or the next Chad Jackson/Charles Rogers

now if they bring in Landry, Winston, Lloyd along with the Signings of Fanene and Gregory id be Mighty Happy with FA

Now draft

#27 Mark Barron SS
#31 Stephen Hill WR
#48 Vinny Curry DE
#63 Brandon Thompson DT
#68 Amini Silatolu G (Via Trade Hoyer QB to Cleveland)
#94 Brian Quick/Greg Childs WR
#126 Donte Paige Moss DE/OLB ( Was Projected as a 1st round pick, but hes a headcase so he dropped down the boards)

i would love that draft but i highly doubt most of that happens

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
Hill is the biggest Boom or Bust receiver in the draft.

I still can't see how Gronk would be as effective if he has to chip in with blocking Gronk.

You'd have to double Dareus & Williams...then if you do that...you got one-on-one's with Merriman/Kelsay and Kyle Williams and that is using Gronk as well and only rushing 4 guys...with Keuchley matching up with Gronk when he releases, Sheppard going with Welker along with George Wilson. Then Jarius Byrd who is the most underrated safety in that division matching up on Hernandez.

The only issue I see is with corners. While I rate Aaron Williams, he could stick with Lloyd but not with Hill. Then you have terrance McGee etc.

So I think it'll be a hell of a match up!

Raider_69

Post Whore
Eagles are approximately 19 mil under and thats not including the 9 million Asante is due, which i dont think we pay because we trade him at some point

something big is brewing. I suspect the LeSean McCoy restructure is coming which will take a good chunk of coin. But something big is brewing for the eagles. One big splash i think, id like to think Tulloch or Lofton is it

Last off season i was a tad frustrated on a friday afternoon wondering what the eagles were doing, i woke up saturday morning after a big night on the drink, hung over to the Nnamdi news. In a bid for history to repeat itself, im going to get absolutely f**k faced tonight, wake up tomorrow hung over and hope to see one of aforementioned MLB's signed to the eagles, along with a McCoy extension and Evan Mathis re-signing

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
LOL @ Brian Billick suggesting Mario Williams isn't an elite player and pass rusher on NFL Total Access.

What a dumb f**k.

That's why you are an analyst and noone ever looks at you as a coach any more you hack.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Didnt hear it but thats laughable. Mario Williams, DeMarcus Ware, Jared Allen, Clay Matthews, Julius Peppers and Mario Williams. That is, in no order, the best pash rushers in the league. All of them elite.

Latest posts