What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trades & Signings Thread

Big Mick

Referee
Man I'd be pumped if I was a Broncos and 49ers fan.

For Broncos with that cap space they should put in massive offer sheet for Mike Wallace & sign Dallas Clark and Jeff Saturday if they get Manning. That makes them a super bowl contender right away.

W/49ers...can still bring in Dallas Clark and make a two TE punch 2nd to none along with putting in tender for Mike Wallace to pair with Crabtree and Moss.

Big Mick

Referee
#Chiefs set to host Brady Quinn on a free agent visit, @FOXSports.com has learned. Story being posted asap

one tree hill

Juniors
Who knows. I mean if Kyle Orton can be a back up QB and if Drew Stanton could sign with the Jets...he'll be signed somewhere.

But thats a big IF for Manning but.

The rumour around the traps is that if Manning goes tot he 49ers...they'll use their 1st round pick on Mike Wallace...meaning a WR combo of Wallace, Moss, Crabtree...Could mean Crabtree goes to the slot...

49ers v 49ers on Madden 13 wouldn't be too much fun lol

Big Mick

Referee
Buffalo should add s branch or ginn jr for depth I reckon at wr

I'd go after Early Doucet and Hines Ward.

Ward just for leadership and #4 WR in the slot.

Of other FA's I'd target:
- Josh Johnson - Mobile, young QB suits Gailey's style. We can get rid of Thigpen
- Jacob Tamme - Our new TE coach coached him at the Colts
- Anthony Collins RT - Very good, underrated 4th year RT/LT swing man. No interest in him at the moment & would be cheap
- Eric Steinbach - Just been cut. Not sure of market. If cheap bring in for guard depth
- Marcus McNeill - We need a LT. Marcus drafted by Buddy. Could be brought in cheaper than usual with injury concerns.
- Manny Lawson - WLB/SLB guy who played awesome for the Bengals in 4-3. No interest so far for him in the market. LB's value have declined considerably this year. Can get a good quality starter cheap.
- Jarret Bush - #4-5 CB and special teamer. Good relationship w/Nick Barnett.

They'd be the guys I'd be targetting with the remaining $14m in cap space which factors in draft pick compensation.

I'd also cut:
- Dwan Edwards - $4m saving
- Tyler Thigpen - $4m saving
- Drayton Florence - re-negotiate contract
- Spencer Johnson - $4.5m saving

That gives us a bit more wiggle room.

They'd be the guys I'd be getting if I was the Bills.

That way our O-Line would be:
McNeill - Levitre - Wood - Steinbach - Collins
Hairston - Urbik - DRAFT - Rinehardt - Pears as depth

Chip Bayless

Juniors
What have I missed re: Manning? A possible Niner with THAT defence and Randy Moss? Wow. Instant Super Bowl contender and NFC Championship favourite. Still not sure if Harbaugh would relinquish the reigns of this offense to Manning - interesting sub-plot in any possible move to San Francisco.

I like the Marshall pickup by the Bears. They become another NFC contender instantly though hinges on health of Cutler.

Randy Moss' jersey becomes the new #1 seller the start of the season.

Big Mick

Referee
Report out this morning that Harbough held a workout with Manning at Duke last week.

Would have been the first team he'd worked out for. Had physical as well

How they kept that under wraps I have no idea.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
A little reply for mick on the williams rant, to me it is not that bad of a deal but for team that was great last year till they gave up its a massive price.

All the bills needed was another good cb and and some help with the pass rush, plus a few other areas and it have made the bills a bigger threat than the jets

But what you got is a bloke that tes is a premier pass rusher but is also more injury prone than LaRon Landry, and with a 16mill a year price tag that aint a good thing.

Hopefully it works out but i just dint think it was a desperate mive you had to make, like you beat the pats last year so it wasnt that bad.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Rko

very injury prone? Wtf?

He opened his first four seasons starting every game of the texans 16 in a season.
In 2010 he missed 3 games and 2011 he tore a pec and missed most of the season

injury prone? 2 injuries in a 6 year career, only one serious. Child please

Big Mick

Referee
A little reply for mick on the williams rant, to me it is not that bad of a deal but for team that was great last year till they gave up its a massive price.

All the bills needed was another good cb and and some help with the pass rush, plus a few other areas and it have made the bills a bigger threat than the jets

But what you got is a bloke that tes is a premier pass rusher but is also more injury prone than LaRon Landry, and with a 16mill a year price tag that aint a good thing.

Hopefully it works out but i just dint think it was a desperate mive you had to make, like you beat the pats last year so it wasnt that bad.

Mario Williams - http://www.nfl.com/player/mariowilliams/2495982/profile

LaRon Landry - http://www.nfl.com/player/laronlandry/2495658/profile

Injury prone...Sorry mate I don't see it.

And even I don't buy that Landry is injury prone. The guy has only missed 15 games in 5 years - all the last two years.

Williams definitely isn't injury prone. That pec injury was just a freak injury. Nothing that will stop him dominating imo.

Last edited:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Niners no hopers lol, they were just a not having Kyle Williams away from being in the Super Bowl.

If the jets beat the giants, the eagles are in the play offs not the giants.
If my uncle had a vagina he'd be my aunt

Fact, the niners werent good enough on the day