What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trades & Signings Thread

Raider_69

Post Whore
Williams is a stud, but he is also very injury prone player, much like landry that the pats are chasing

Very injury prone? WTF?

He opened his first four seasons starting every game of the texans 16 in a season.
In 2010 he missed 3 games and 2011 he tore a pec and missed most of the season

Injury prone? 2 injuries in a 6 year career, only one serious. Child please

dogslife

Coach
Williams will certainly add another dimension to the Bills D, but let's not gloss over the fact that Ryan Fitzpatrick is still their QB

one tree hill

Juniors
Very injury prone? WTF?

He opened his first four seasons starting every game of the texans 16 in a season.
In 2010 he missed 3 games and 2011 he tore a pec and missed most of the season

Injury prone? 2 injuries in a 6 year career, only one serious. Child please

Because he was injured this season he's considered injury prone by people who have only followed the NFL for a few years, though you'd have known that lol

dogslife

Coach
Who led them to their best start of a season in years.

I never said he wasn't capable, he's just bi-polar. A bit like Alex Smith. The Bills went 5-2 to start last season and Fitzpatrick was 14-7. The Bills then signed him to a 6 year, $60million contract (franchise QB money) and he stopped playing like a franchise QB. They went 1-8 to finish the season and Fitzpatrick was 10-16. Capable on his day, but he's got tendencies to absolutely f**k it for his team or be a non factor altogether

abpanther

Staff member
Really happy for Bills fans regarding the Williams signing, however again I have to warn people against getting completely over excited over a FA signing.

Williams is a premier pass rusher and is young, a very good young player.

Bills are in a very tough division and will only go as far as that offense takes them.

Front 4 is looking pretty good (Other DE spot is a big concern and Kyle Williams has to return from injury doesn't he?)

Pats are still the favs and rightfully so. Who in Buffalo is gonna cover those TEs? That's the question they need to answer.

kurt faulk

Coach
it dpends how the pats draft, if they Go Barron and Hill at 27 and 31 which i doubt they use both picks you could have a line up of

Welker---- Hernandez---- OL----Gronk----Lloyd----Hill....

You have the best slot Reciever in Welker
A Great Young fast good hands TE in Hernandez
A Freak in Gronk
A Smart, fast, Good hands Reciever that can go deep short or through the middle in Lloyd
And a Very raw but a blindingly Quick Reviever in Hill, who could be the next Megatron or the next Chad Jackson/Charles Rogers

now if they bring in Landry, Winston, Lloyd along with the Signings of Fanene and Gregory id be Mighty Happy with FA

Now draft

#27 Mark Barron SS
#31 Stephen Hill WR
#48 Vinny Curry DE
#63 Brandon Thompson DT
#68 Amini Silatolu G (Via Trade Hoyer QB to Cleveland)
#94 Brian Quick/Greg Childs WR
#126 Donte Paige Moss DE/OLB ( Was Projected as a 1st round pick, but hes a headcase so he dropped down the boards)

i would love that draft but i highly doubt most of that happens

when did the patriots sign lloyd?

Big Mick

Referee
Really happy for Bills fans regarding the Williams signing, however again I have to warn people against getting completely over excited over a FA signing.

Williams is a premier pass rusher and is young, a very good young player.

Bills are in a very tough division and will only go as far as that offense takes them.

Front 4 is looking pretty good (Other DE spot is a big concern and Kyle Williams has to return from injury doesn't he?)

Pats are still the favs and rightfully so. Who in Buffalo is gonna cover those TEs? That's the question they need to answer.

And boom.

Thanks Mr.Buzzkill.

f**k...can't enjoy it for a day w/o someone killing my enthusiasm. :sarcasm::(:fist:

I'm kidding btw. Noone can kill my buzz.

Williams injuries wasn't a bad one. He is already healthy and ready to go. With regards to the other spot I don't think it is terrible. Kelsay was good when he was in a 4-3. He was terrible in a 3-4 and still had a few sacks. Now he'll be 1-on-1 nearly every time. To go along with Arthur Moats speed rush, Merriman off the edge etc. Don't think it is terrible.

I agree it'll only be as good as the offense takes them but what this will do is help the offense. We wont be chasing all the time for one...we can rely on our two really good Running Backs. We can then use our short passing game more effectively. We'll also have a shorter field to start off with. In 2011 the Bills had the longest field to start with of any team in the NFL according to ESPN Stats and info. If you look at the Giants for instance or the 49ers...they had an identical starting field on average of the 35 yard line. Buffalo's average was 24. The lowest in the NFL. That'll change and that is the impact of a good defense.

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
By the way. Bob Kraft can eat a dick too along with Brian Billick.

Was on a radio interview yesterday and said the signing of Williams was stupid. Hope he feels it is stupid when we put Brady in a f**king body bag and you have to rely on Ryan Mallett you prick.

To think I was dumb enough to start liking you in the lead up to the Super Bowl believing in the whole Myra tribute.

The reason you don't need to spend in FA Bob...is because you have Brady and Bellicheat. How did Albert Hayensworth & Ochocinco trades work out for you dickhead.

What people don't understand is that this signing is significant for a number of reasons:
- Big name FA's never choose Buffalo. This could signal that more FA's may be enticed to come here.
- Buffalo has a perception of cheapness. Now that they've spent this much...shows willing to spend
- Buys goodwill among the fanbase.
- Gives the Bills relevance. We drafted well last 1-2 years. We've now built depth. Now it is about quality. This is as big for Buffalo as Reggie White's signing was to Green Bay. Noone gave a shit about the Packers before White got there.
- Lastly...Name me a better Defensive line in the AFC with M.Williams - K.Williams - Dareus - Kelsay/Merriman. These four guys not only make our Linebackers better it makes out secondary better as they don't need to stay with their man for 15 seconds ffs.

There seems to be so much hate in the media from Michael Lombardi pissing on the signing in his article, to Billick, to Kraft, to ESPN...I mean far out...come on...I know it is a big investment but it isn't a stupid signing. It is $16m a year for a top 3-5 pass rusher in the league. Good luck signing JPP for anything less than that in a couple of years time when the cap increases.

If this move was made by the Packers, Giants, Bears, Patriots...they'd say "oh what a great move by X, while a big investment you are adding an elite playmaker to their roster". When it's Buffalo it is "He's not that good & they overpaid".

I mean how is there no criticism over Washington signing Garcon to a HUGE inflated contract, or the Vikings paying $5m a year for Carlson who hasn't done anything in this league, while someone is going to pay $90m for 5 years for a guy coming off 4 neck surgeries....at 36 years old. How isn't that stupid?

Big Mick

Referee
Interesting.

So where will Smith end up?

Who knows. I mean if Kyle Orton can be a back up QB and if Drew Stanton could sign with the Jets...he'll be signed somewhere.

But thats a big IF for Manning but.

The rumour around the traps is that if Manning goes tot he 49ers...they'll use their 1st round pick on Mike Wallace...meaning a WR combo of Wallace, Moss, Crabtree...Could mean Crabtree goes to the slot...

Big Mick

Referee
Some notable Free Agents still available at each position:

QB
Dennis Dixon
Matt Flynn
Peyton Manning
Josh Johnson
David Garrard
Vince Young
Alex Smith
Charlie Whitehurst
Brady Quinn

RB - Some quality here
Cedric Benson
Joseph Addai
Michael Bush
Ronnie Brown
Ryan Grant
Justin Forsett
Tim Hightower
Kevin Smith
Mike Tolbert
Ryan Torain

WR
Danny Amendola
Deion Branch
Mark Clayton
Early Doucet
Braylon Edwards
Ted Ginn
Anthony Gonzalez
Brandon Lloyd
Mario Manningham
Steve Smith
Mike Sims-Walker
Roscoe Parish
Hines Ward
Jerome Simpson

TE
Dallas Clark
Joel Dreessen
Donald Lee
Jacob Tamme
Bo Scaife
Visanthe Schiancoe
Jeremy Shockey

O-Line - Some very good value here...
Jeff Backus OT
Demetrius Bell OT
Anthony Collins OT (Really like this guy)
Robert Gallery OG
Jeff Faine C
Scott Wells C
Stephon Heyer G
Evan Mathis G
Marcus McNeill OT
Kareem McKenzie OT
Chris Myers C
Samsen Satele C
Jeff Saturday C
Jake Scott G
Max Starks T
Eric Steinbach G
Eric Winston T

D-Line
Mark Anderson
Jamaal Anderson
Dave Ball
Everette Brown
Broderick Bunkley
Andre Carter
Aubrayo Franklin
Jason Jones
Derek Landri
Kendall Langford
Trevor Scott
Aaron Smith

LB
Gary Brackett
Jonathan Casillas
Jo-Lunn Dunbar
London Fletcher
Geno Hayes
David Hawthorne
Curtis Lofton
Manny Lawson
Joe Mays
Rocky McIntosh
Jameel McClain
Barrett Ruud
Ernie Sims
Stephen Tulloch
Kamerion Wimbley

CB/FS
Alan Ball
Ronde Barber
Jarret Bush
Kelvin Hayden
Adam "Pacman" Jones
Tracey Porter
Aaron Ross
Shawntae Spencer
Marcus Trufant
OJ Atogwe
Melvin Bullitt
Brian Dawkins
Deon Grant
LaRon Landry
Jim Leonard
Reggie Nelson
Corey Lynch
Paul Oliver
James Sanders
Bob Sanders

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
Great signing by the Rams.

If they get Mario Manningham and then get Justin Blackmon in the draft...they have the ability to turn around quickly.