What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trades & Signings Thread

Big Mick

Referee
Thank f**k.

HA...Pretty much bang on the money I thought initially!

Williams' deal is for six years and is worth $96 million -- $50 million guaranteed -- with the potential to go up to $100 millio

Last edited:

Big Mick

Referee
I love Buffalo fans :D

Remember when Brady said he hates Buffalo hotels?

16349966.jpg

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Awesome news!!! Best fa available this year and the bills get serious.

Loving our d line now, just need merriman to be healthy and our d will be nasty

Big Mick

Referee
Larry Holder ‏ @LHolderCBS
#Falcons FA LB Curtis Lofton is scheduled to visit the #Saints, two sources confirm.

Big Mick

Referee
Awesome news!!! Best fa available this year and the bills get serious.

Loving our d line now, just need merriman to be healthy and our d will be nasty

If we get Decastro or Kuechley in the 1st now...and then get a great DT who'll definitely drop in the 2nd or a guy like Vinny Curry..our Def will be so much better.

I think we'll chase Marcus McNeill. He'll be cheap now that there are health concerns. Nix drafted him...I think we'll take a chance.

Mario Manningham is touring the 49ers right now but apparently Buffalo have some interest.

Raider_69

Post Whore
great stuff from the bills

eagles need to start getting serious, glad Dan Conner is off the market, whilst he would have been an upgrade, we need a bigger fish than that. They need to be bringing guys in.

Last edited:
good stuff by the bills.

makes them dangerous with darius and the others they have in that D.

also...if my some miracle Shawne Merriman comes back to any sort of form.

so whats everyone think manning does?

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Prob stays as far away from phins as possible, so in short tebow mania ended the second mario signed that bills contract, peyton to the broncos is almost 80% chance now

Tom155

Coach
Titans land manning imo
Bud Adams wants him bad and is willing to do what it takes
have you seen this raider?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/e...wl-seriously?ttag=gen10_on_all_fb_na_txt_0001

DeSean Jackson guarantees Eagles Super Bowl (seriously)

"In one of those years, I'm going to guarantee a Super Bowl. We've been so close since I've been here the past four years. ...The sky's the limit.”

And this …

"Hands down I think we're one of the best teams in the NFL,” Jackson said. “I want to shoot for the Hall of Fame. I want to shoot for Super Bowls. That's something I haven't done yet.”

dragonfire

Bench
Saints have signed former Ravens guard Ben Grubbs. Lose the number 1 OG in FA, just the #2. Pretty good and smart signing.

dogslife

Coach
I'll be dirty if Lofton goes to the Saints, not on him though

That is a lot of money for Super Mario, nice work by the Bills, but that's a lot of eggs in one basket. Glad we didn't make a play at him in the end, no way could we have competed with those figures

Big Mick

Referee
I'll be dirty if Lofton goes to the Saints, not on him though

That is a lot of money for Super Mario, nice work by the Bills, but that's a lot of eggs in one basket. Glad we didn't make a play at him in the end, no way could we have competed with those figures

$16m a year...not bad for a guy that produces.

Most of that is up front when we have a heap of cap space when it is expected the cap will increase in 2014 when they new TV deals kick in.

I mean Peppers is on $15.5m and I'd rather Mario.

Ware is on something similar to $16m a year.

Pash rushers are a premium.

I mean Freeney has a base of $17m this year!...I know who I'd rather.

So yeah it is a big contract but to be honest it was our missing piece of the puzzle in the 4-3.

Now we have a front 4 of:

Mario Williams - Kyle Williams - Marcel Dareus - Shawne Merriman/Chris Kelsay/Draft pick

That is a pretty freakin good front 4 and will be hard to contain.

Then behind them we'll likely have:

Kirk Morrison - Kelvin Sheppard - Nick Barnett

Not great...but Sheppard is an emerging player and Barnett is solid. Morrison is a tackler but hopefully signing Williams means we target a Keuchley like player for that position to solidify that LB core. Then in the 2nd round draft a CB/RT.

I think just the addition and threat of Mario alone...means our defense has to be schemed against now...they have to contain 3 genuine playmakers on the defensive line.

Latest posts