What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trades & Signings Thread

kurt faulk

Coach

haha.

the ravens swapped one plodder for another.

let's get back to the rams.

the rams signed mcmichael for 3 years.

steven jackson
torry holt
isaac bruce
drew bennett
randy mcmichael

if they don't create some matchup problems there's something wrong.

"we're gonna rule the school".

Stonecutter

First Grade
kurt faulk said:

haha.

the ravens swapped one plodder for another.

let's get back to the rams.

the rams signed mcmichael for 3 years.

steven jackson
torry holt
isaac bruce
drew bennett
randy mcmichael

if they don't create some matchup problems there's something wrong.

"we're gonna rule the school".

I was wondering if we would go after him. Koloppeennssstteiiinnidfflll or something like that hasn't developed enough to be a good TE. He was a rookie last year so give him a few years and he'll come through.

Mcmicheal is going to flourish with Bulger and Miami will wish they never let him go.

Mal Meninga

Bench
douglasallen91 said:
frank gore wants an ($$$$$$$$$$$$$) upgrade on his contract
Source?

The Niners want to secure him long term before he has another big year and than really asks for big dollars. Atleast now they have some negotiationg power with the "You've only had one big season."

Fin077

Juniors
Frank Gore deserves an upgrade IMO.

He wasnt one of the more flashy rookies on draft day, but he's shown he could be a quality RB for the Niners.

Would a good move to sign him up for an extended period now

Fin077

Juniors
SHARK-SPURS said:
Mcmicheal is going to flourish with Bulger and Miami will wish they never let him go.

Hmmm...I dunno'bout that.....

I would have liked to see him stay in Miami under new coach Cam, but he doesnt seem to be the player he used to be, regardless of QB.

Hope the Rams weren't looking for a blocking TE ;-)

Good luck to him. :)

Parra_Eels

Bench
Rhodes to the Raiders is interesting as he'll be sharing the ball with Jordan which is exactly what he was doing in Indy

Big Tim

First Grade
Cupid Stunt said:
I've stuck it, at least till the season starts.

Thanks mate!!!

I like the Ravens singing of WcGahee.... means I can buy his jersey as I like the Ravens jersey better than the Bills one, and keep my trend of "U" Pro Player jerseys.....

He also runs the ball well :)

Big Tim

First Grade
It isnt exactly bad.

For a guy that has gone through the injury and made it to the big time, I think he will do far better in Baltimore. Its not as if the Bills O-Line was star studded.

For those that dont know the injury, watch the link, but I warn you, it is not the nicest thing in the world to see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9-KkUH8yt8

WestsRobbo

Juniors
The niners own frank gore for 3 more years....also they want to see if can carry the load again next year before they pay him the big bucks. The only reason I see an upgrade before this season starts is that they truly love him as a person and want to help him out re his sick mother....and I don't see that happening.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Big Tim said:
It isnt exactly bad.
It's probably one of the lowest for starting RB's.

As for Gore, I hope we do re-sign him soon as the last thing you want is an unhappy player wanting out. Those three years practically become useless.

WestsRobbo

Juniors
Im with you Mal... but I also dont want him signed to a multi million dollar 5 year deal and then one of his 2 surgical repaired knees and/or shoulders go and then we are lumped with dead money ala Junior Bryant.

How's that both my teams rely on blokes with bum shoulders...haha

jake the snake officially retires
donnie edwards goes back to KC
donte stallworth signs for 6 years with the patriots
raiders sign FB justin griffith
tj duckett goes to the lions
browns trade droughns to giants for wr tim carter

Big Tim

First Grade
Mal Meninga said:
It's probably one of the lowest for starting RB's.

As for Gore, I hope we do re-sign him soon as the last thing you want is an unhappy player wanting out. Those three years practically become useless.

I understand this, but he has huge potential. Like i have said previously, if he can get behind a good line, and is happy with his knee, he has the ability to be in the top 10 backs in the game.

I think he will have a great chance to achieve this as a Raven. Really, what he did in the past is irrelevant.

Skeletor

Juniors
WestsRobbo said:
The niners own frank gore for 3 more years....also they want to see if can carry the load again next year before they pay him the big bucks. The only reason I see an upgrade before this season starts is that they truly love him as a person and want to help him out re his sick mother....and I don't see that happening.

Far more likely is Gore holding out unless he gets a better contract, remember contracts in the NFL are not guaranteed. A team can cut a player and not be liable for his salary, and a player can hold out on a team and refuse to play (although he can not play for another team).

WestsRobbo

Juniors
Skeletor said:
Far more likely is Gore holding out unless he gets a better contract, remember contracts in the NFL are not guaranteed. A team can cut a player and not be liable for his salary, and a player can hold out on a team and refuse to play (although he can not play for another team).

And wont get paid if he holds out!

Gore wont hold out.....Im all for getting a deal done if it doesn't break the bank. somewhere in the 3 mil a year with around 10-12 mil to sign over 5 years.

Latest posts