What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trades & Signings Thread

kurt faulk

Coach
5 rings baby, how many you got?

We swept you guys last year with a scrub QB, I'm sure we'll be just fine ;-)

the cards and seagulls swept the rams as well. who didn't beat them? it's all about superbowl victory and the whiners and rams were in the same boat.

abpanther

Staff member
the cards and seagulls swept the rams as well. who didn't beat them? it's all about superbowl victory and the whiners and rams were in the same boat.

Yeah because the Rams and 49ers seasons were in the same boat last year.

I know which one i would prefer

Cupid Stunt

So where is Mr Tebow bound for now?

While I wouldn't bet more than 5 of someone elses dollars on it, I'd like to see him go to the Jags. As most reports are saying, what he could get in outside payments for "going home" would be phenominal AND it'd go a long way to getting Jacksonville some surety for the future.

legend

Coach
If Denver picked up Wallace, they'd be scary good with a WR trio of Wallace, Thomas and Decker. I'd welcome Stokley back with open arms and if Clark came too, i'd be jizzing 24/7!

Chip Bayless

Juniors
Jeff Saturday will be a Bronco, as well Clarke. Just a matter of time.

The whole Alex Smith - San Francisco thing is a mess. Manly Sea Eagles like. After such a break out season and a couple errant PR's from a Super Bowl appearance, the stench coming out of the Bay wasn't expected. Not good at all.

In other news, my Cleveland Browns look set on banking on Colt McCoy. For the love of god I hope this at least means we get Trent Richardson or Justin Blackmon (the latter is being touted as likely) with pick four. Assume nothing with this franchise.

Last edited:

dogslife

Coach
With Hillis gone it'd be more than likely that they'll take Richardson at 4, he's a better prospect than Blackmon imo. Plus there is a bit of depth at WR in the draft, so Cleveland can use their other first rounder to pick up someone very decent

Big Mick

Referee
As far as Cleveland.

They are still reeling from the fact that they didn't choose AP when they were on the board in 2007.

If you remember two years ago, Farve's last year, when they played the Brown's he absolutely beasted them because they passed him up.

I don't see them passing on him...and their best RB potentially since Jim Brown.

kurt faulk

Coach
Yeah because the Rams and 49ers seasons were in the same boat last year.

I know which one i would prefer

the rams were a mirage last season.

firstly they had mcdouche as OC who had no idea how to adjust to the talent level at the rams. the offense was doomed from that point. now that he has gone the offense will be markedly better than 12 ppg his schemes could muster.

secondly the rams lost all their projected starting cbs before the first game of the season was finished. and then another 5 after that. spags tried his best to scheme his way out of it but there is only so much he could do with justin king and some street FA scrub.

plus the rams DTs weren't up to it anymore and stopping the run became very problematic.

so far this offseason the rams have signed

finnegan - infinitley better than king and he is very durable

wells - probowl centre from the packers, astronomical upgrade over brown who played like he didn't want to be there (he didn't but couldn't pass up the money) and would tip off the d about when the snap was coming or whether it was a run or pass play. great mentor for bradford to call protections

langford - great run stopping dt, like chalk and cheese to what the rams had there last season

with just those 3 signings, plus one OC sent packing, the rams are a much better team. plus they have the #6 pick (richardson, claiborne or blackmon, ) which instantly makes them better.

the rams are looking good to turn it around.

Last edited:

Agent Mulder

Bench
So Manning is a Bronco, Im a Cowboys and Im a Proud Tim Tebow fan, I just can't understand for the life of me why they signed Manning when Tebow put the club back on the map? The Broncos have done nothing since the great John Elway retired.

Manning has what 2 or 3 years left? Manning is a legend no doubt but Tebow was there future, Tebow was never going to put up Drew Brees numbers but he put some much life back into the Broncos...Did anyone watch The Broncos Week 1 game against the Raiders? I did, Orton was shocking (God i hope Romo doesnt go down) Tebow made the Broncos exciting again, I would actually watch Bronco games.

Sure he was schooled against Brady but thats all part of the game and a learning curve.

Huge mistake if you ask me.

dogslife

Coach
Tebow was never going to be a franchise QB, nor will he ever win a Super Bowl. Not unless he vastly improves his throwing ability at least. He reignited a bit of passion in Broncos fans because he was an underdog, who despite a lack of ability as an NFL QB, managed to win games with what he had. But he was never going to be the guy that would take you to a Super Bowl. Manning, if he's fit, is that guy for Denver, they made the right move imo

Jono078

Referee
Ultimate teams want to win the superbowl, and it's largely believed that their chances of doing that with Manning are greatly increased, Even though he's only won 1 of them. And Tebow is yet to play a full season..

RIP Tebowmania in Denver, hope it lives on somewhere else though!

dogslife

Coach
Watch someone like the Jags throw every draft pick they've got for the next 5 years to get him. Even though Denver would probably let him go for a couple of mid-rounders