What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trades & Signings Thread

Cupid Stunt

SHARK-SPURS said:
I hope he gets the starting gig at the Eagles he couldn't get with the rams.

Although I am kind of impressed with Bethel Johnson Curtis really has no competition. We haven't had, T.O aside, any real receiver corps for at least 9 years now.

Mal Meninga

Bench
WestsRobbo said:
And wont get paid if he holds out!

Gore wont hold out.....Im all for getting a deal done if it doesn't break the bank. somewhere in the 3 mil a year with around 10-12 mil to sign over 5 years.
If Kevan Barlow can get 20 mil over 4 years with a 6mil guaranteed a few seasons ago, I wonder how much Frank Gore will demand from the same team in an overpriced market!

ForestDragon

Juniors
Will be interesting to see how much the niners pay to get Gore to stick around, they definaetly will want to keep him around

broncos sign colts wr brandon stockley to a 1 year deal
broncos sign browns dt alvin mckinley for four years
broncos release 2000 number 1 pick DE courtney brown
texans sign free agent shawn barber for three years
redskins trade adam archuleta to the bears for a 6th round pick

kurt faulk

Coach
douglasallen91 said:
redskins trade adam archuleta to the bears for a 6th round pick

and redskins fans everywhere in the world break out in cheer.

so ends one of the worst FA signings in nfl history. not that archuleta is the worst player of all time but that the redskins made him the richest safety in nfl history and wanted to use him as a coverage safety.

what tapes were they watching when he was with the rams?

at least lovie knows how to use him - close to the line of scrimmage for tackling and blitzing.

kurt faulk

Coach

falcons trade schaub to the texans for two 2nd round picks and a swap of 1st round picks in this years draft.

i wonder if either russel or quinn are starting to get nervous about their draft status.

WestsRobbo

Juniors
Mal Meninga said:
If Kevan Barlow can get 20 mil over 4 years with a 6mil guaranteed a few seasons ago, I wonder how much Frank Gore will demand from the same team in an overpriced market!

You and I both know the kind of dimwitted dipsh*t that gave Barlow that loot... and thankfully Donahue is long gone.
Team Nolan and McCloughan dishes the money only to those who deserve it and Gore is that..he just has to show he can take the week to week grind without reinjuring his knees and shoulders.

His agent Rosenhaus just said he wouldnt sign for anything less than a record NFL salary... which basically has resigned him to the fact that he will be playing on this contract for at least another year maybe 2.

Mal Meninga

Bench
kurt faulk said:
i wonder if either russel or quinn are starting to get nervous about their draft status.
If Quinn slips past either the Browns or Bucs he'll be in deep trouble.

As for Gore... That kind of money is ABSURD. With the amount of carries he takes a season + all his injuries, he's bound to get banged up sooner than later. Your right that it'll most likely be a situation where he plays out his rookie contract, but Rosenhaus is a master at getting his players paid.

Fin077

Juniors
Mal Meninga said:
If Quinn slips past either the Browns or Bucs he'll be in deep trouble.

To me "deep trouble" is what happened to Aaron Rodgers a couple years ago. Brady won't fall out of the top 10.

Minnesota or Miami will take him if Cleveland or Tampa don't.

kurt faulk

Coach

i'm still at a loss at how they didn't pick vince young.

everything was set up perfectly for them to pick him. it was a no lose situation for them because even if he turned out to be a bust the fans wouldn't have bagged the organisation for giving him a shot.

it was such a simple equation for them but they thought it was a trick question and overthought their answer. now they'll go down in nfl folklore history as the sadsack franchise that missed on two can't miss prospects because they had david carr and dominic davis in their squad. unfathomable.

Fin077

Juniors
Matt Shaub will save them! ;-)

( i actually rate the guy, but think ATL came out in front on that deal!)

legend

Coach
Calvin Johnson will be first pick in the draft and Russell will fall based on his physical the other day where it was revealed his was carrying a lot of extra fat around the waist.

Also, if the Raiders get Carr or Culpepper, they have no need for Quinn or Russell, and if they kept Moss and drafted Johnson, then you have a pretty good offense all of a sudden.

Latest posts