What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trades & Signings Thread

Big Tim

First Grade
Mal Meninga said:
Yeah, what I think Tim meant was that if Vick went down Atlanta would be screwed because it's Joey. But my point is that Schaub hasn't exactly shown he's a winner yet so we'll wait and see who's done the right thing.

Thats right. At least with Schaub they had an accurate guy to play the Mora offence if Vick broke an ankle or something, but Harrington????

He could be good, but I doubt it.

If Schaub were heading to Houston with one R. Bush at RB, we would be talking about them as possible Playoff team. Heres hoping, for their fans sake, they do something in the Draft this year.

I should qualify:

Heres hoping, for their fans sake, they do something in the Draft this year.

means, something good. They definately did something last year :p

Stonecutter

First Grade
legend said:
The Mario Williams draft fiasco is forever going to haunt Houtson and Kubiak.

And so it should. Reggie Bush, Leinart, Young and they choose Williams. He wasn't even the best defensive rookie last year imo, A.J Hawk was way better.

BTW who did win defensive ROTY?

Stonecutter said:
And so it should. Reggie Bush, Leinart, Young and they choose Williams. He wasn't even the best defensive rookie last year imo, A.J Hawk was way better.

BTW who did win defensive ROTY?

houston texans 2nd round pick MLB Demeco Ryans

Mal Meninga

Bench
I'm not defending Houston because I thought they were iddiots for choosing Williams, but at the time both Bush and Young had some major question marks. Right now Bush is being used perfectly in the Saints offense which posess amazing talent and Young has yet to fully prove he's going to be a success as a passer.

But either way i'd take both of them over Williams. I'd say if they were serious about trying to help David Carr they should've picked D'Brickshaw Ferguson.

Dazzelx01

Juniors
Randy Moss is a Patriot. Traded for a 4th round pick.

Offence: Brady, Dillon, Maroney, Moss, Stallworth, Welker, Washington, Caldwell, Watson.

Patriots are going to be hard to beat this year.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Dillion is gone from My Pats...but geez with the signings this year we might be lookin at anothr Indy Vs Pats Conference game with hopefully patsnot letting at 16 point lead go this time

legend

Coach
It's been interesting to watch but the Pats will start the season as favourites over the Colts, who have lost too many players in the off-season, especially on defence.

For the NFC, I see the 49er's coming right back into contention due to a weak division and a weak conference.

panthers release keyshawn johnson (picked two wr's in the draft)
chiefs trade DT ryan sims to the buccs for a undisclosed future draft pick!

kurt faulk

Coach

how soon will randy moss get tired of catching those 3 yard outs from brady?

what are the chances stallworth plays more than half the season?

what happens the first time moss dogs it?

can maroney carry the load?

lots of question marks about the pats.

Stonecutter

First Grade
Gatlin has tryout with Buccaneers

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - Olympic 100-meter champion Justin Gatlin, facing a track and field suspension of up to eight years for failing a drug test last summer, is trying to launch a career in pro football as a wide receiver with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

"If (his speed) can transfer to football, you have a real threat," Bucs coach Jon Gruden said. "If it can't, then it won't work."
Gatlin, who is participating in the Bucs' rookie mini-camp this weekend, said he last played football during his freshman year at Tennessee. He then concentrated on track, winning the 100 meters at the 2004 Athens Olympics and equaling the world record of Jamaica's Asafa Powell at 9.77 seconds.

"This is where I want to be," Gatlin said. "I didn't come here on my high horse, all mighty, and saying give me a locker and let me do what I want to do. I'm starting from the ground up, and that's where I want to start."

Gatlin said he worked out with Arizona and Houston. The Bucs have been the only team to bring him in for a formal workout. The team will decide after this weekend whether to sign Gatlin and bring him back for the club's next mini-camp.

"He won a gold medal. He wants to give this a shot, and this is a good launching pad to see how quickly he picks it up, how natural he is and how far he has to go," Gruden said.

Gatlin faces the suspension following a positive test for testosterone and other steroids at the Kansas Relays last April. His appeal is pending and he said Friday that he has not given up hope of resuming his career as a sprinter.

In the meantime, he will try to make the transition from fastest man in the world to football - as Bob Hayes did more than four decades ago. But he knows there is a lot more to making an NFL team than being the first runner to the finish line.

"Track and field, you go out there and run, you're the fastest guy, that's what it is, you're the fastest guy," Gatlin said. "In football you might have the fastest go route or the sickest cuts out there, but if you ain't what they're looking for out on this field then take a number and get in line."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6777942

Does anyone think he could actually get a run this year?

Latest posts