What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer Rumours

Big Sam

First Grade
Real Madrid manager Jose Mourinho hints at his departure from Spain after UEFA Champions League exit

FOX SPORTS May 01, 2013 8:00AM

Real Madrid's UEFA Champions League exit will be music to Roman Abramovich's ears, with Jose Mourinho declaring that next season "I want to be where people love me".

When asked after Real Madrid lost their semi-final tie to Borussia Dortmund if he would remain at the Bernabeu, Mourinho replied: "maybe not".

Speculation has been feverish all season that Mourinho would leave the Spanish capital for a return to Chelsea, in the Premier League.

Now that Madrid are out of the Champions League - Mourinho's final frontier at the club - he said at his press conference:

"My future is not important, it is Real Madrid that are important,'' he said.

"I know that in England I am loved. I am loved by the fans and the media who are fair with me. They criticise me and give me credit when I deserve it.

"I know I am loved by the clubs, especially one.

"In Spain it is different because people hate me, many of whom are in this room, and it is difficult because I love the club and the president and we have made this team which is ready to achieve big things.''

Madrid, 11 points behind Barcelona in La Liga, still have a chance for silverware in the Copa Del Rey final against Atletico Madrid next month.

"I didn't make a decision because I have a contract. But more than a contract, because in football contracts you break it when people want to break, is the respect I have for the club and the respect I have for the president," he said.

"That's why I want to play the final, I want to finish the season, I want to try to win the final, I want to try to finish second and at the end of the season I want to sit in front of Florentino Perez - my president, my friend - and decide the best for me.

"I like the club, I like the president, I need to be honest and fair and at the end of the season I speak."

The stars have aligned for a return to Stamford Bridge, where Rafael Benitez will depart in the summer.

Barely minutes after Madrid's elimination, the Mirror was reporting: "Jose Mourinho crashed out of the Champions League last night, but will be given an incredible £100m transfer kitty to rebuild Chelsea if he makes the move back to the Blues this summer."

As for the game itself, Mourinho was furious with the performance of English referee Howard Webb.

"He was a man not a referee in this minute and he has to be a referee. He has to send off (Mats) Hummels, it is not a penalty because it is outside the box but it is a sending off because Karim (Benzema) is clear through on goal.''

The manager acknowledged his side had to capitalise on their early run of chances.

"We started very strongly, with intensity, we pressured them and the circulation of the ball was excellent.

"The earlier you score a goal the better chance you have to come back. We missed important chances and that meant in the second half we had to risk everything.

"We were playing against a quicker team and had to adopt our way of playing which left a lot of space in behind. They had two great chances when (Robert) Lewandowski hit the bar and Diego (Lopez) made a great save but once we scored the people believed a little more.

"I'm proud of the way we kept going till the end.''

http://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...xit/story-e6frf423-1226632770487#.UYCe17XI0_Y

Oh poor Jose. All he wants is to be loved.

Big Sam

First Grade
As soon as I read that quote this immediately popped into my head:

tumblr_ltav6cgh811qeimd6.gif

lolesi

First Grade
I heard Harry is wanted by Villa but dont know if he will go, they desperately need a new manager.

Crazy talk!!

Bert has done a pretty good job with Villa and you will find most Villa fans want him to stay..

You look at the squad Villa have and he has done a pretty well.. bringing up/signing some great young players in Lowton, Baker, Bennett in what is a pretty hard situation (being a pretty shit team and lacking confidence)

Add to that the signing of Benteke and Weimann hitting form I think Lambert has done a great job! hoping he can just finish it off now and they are safe this season.. because if they are then you wont find them in this spot again for a long time..

Jimbo

Immortal
It's bro-love Twizz

Us Blues fans are comfortable enough with our sexuality to be able to express that

Rekordmeister

Juniors
They payed 40 million Euros for Martinez.

lolBayern

Difference, arsenal dont get the lions share on tv revenue or have a private tv deal.

But without that we still have money, its the stupid fees that are ruining it, martinez wont even be a walk up starter for bayern, he destroys their transfer fee. We were looking at Lars Bender but now that goes out the window cause they will want 30+ now, when he is only worth 15 - 18.

I wish him the best of luck, but something has to be done about transfer fees and wages FFFP wont do anything in the end.

tumblr_inline_ml7929PKZd1qz4rgp.gif

Bayern's best player all season :lol:

Big Sam

First Grade
Monaco starts the big summer spend - Joao Moutinho and James Rodriguez from Porto for €70m combined.

And Rafa Benitez has signed on to be Napoli's coach for the next 2 years.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Its only for 55% of his rights though so if tgey ever want all his image rights plus jersey sales it will be another 30mill.

Last edited:

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
From memory Santos own 55%, with his investment group owning the other 45%

So you bought Santos ownership of Neymar, but his image right and merch sales are still most likely owned by his investment group.

Jimbo

Immortal
Looks like Real have a Plan B if PSG don't let Ancelotti go...

Heynckes open to Real return - agent

Jupp Heynckes is considering a return to Real Madrid next season, the Bayern Munich manager's agent has confirmed.

Heynckes steered Bayern to the Champions League title on Saturday and will will take charge of his last game for the Bavarian giants in next weekend's German Cup final against Stuttgart, before being replaced by Pep Guardiola.

With Real boss Jose Mourinho confirming he will leave the Bernabeu in the summer, Heynckes has been linked with a move to Spain, although Carlo Ancelotti appears to be favourite for the job.

Ancelotti has one year remaining on his contract at Paris Saint-Germain, while Heynckes would be free to join immediately.

The former West Germany international lifted the Supercopa de Espana and the Champions League trophy during his two years in charge of Real from 1997-97 and the 68-year-old's agent Enrique Reyes told Spain's Radio Nacional that he would be open to offers from Los Blancos president Florentino Perez.

"Jupp would be happy and willing to return to Real Madrid," Reyes said. "If Florentino calls us, we would probably accept the offer. At the moment he's only retiring from the Bundesliga, although right now he's only thinking about the German cup final."

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1460893/jupp-heynckes-open-real-madrid-return-agent-says?cc=3436