What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trent Barrett - Attacking Coach.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yes and a few at Penrith. James Tamou would be a very good choice.

Barrett has done plenty of Penrith's attack. A lot of it for me is coming from our forwards and their role in the red zone. However the Dogs spine is close to the worst in the league which is a big drawback.

Barrett has done well but we have close to the best pack in the comp. SOO half and a GF winning hooker

So we had enough promising pieces that has freed him up to just do his thing. Running the whole thing with a NSW Cup quality squad is big difference

franklin2323

Immortal
Lets hope we can keep both burton and chrichton.However if we have to lose 1 id let chrichton go burton can play 1 3 6 13 chrichton only 1 2 or 3.Also we can cover chrichton with mcgrady staines laurie etc.

Too many sides need halves to keep both 5/8th. One will stay and one will go

murraymob

Coach
There has been talk the dogs are making a big offer for Chrichton. Barret owes Penrith nothing .He will looking after himself and his coaching career.Simple if he has signed he needs to leave

The_Frog

First Grade
There has been talk the dogs are making a big offer for Chrichton. Barret owes Penrith nothing .He will looking after himself and his coaching career.Simple if he has signed he needs to leave
Someone will take all our stars if we don't secure them.

Too many sides need halves to keep both 5/8th. One will stay and one will go

If that's the case we should be looking at a swap for someone we need.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Corey Waddel was one but he was probably going to struggle to crack our side with all the forwards we had coming through.

Im sure guys like Brandy and Ivan have seen the same potential for Barrett to take our players as we have, they will have made sure we aren’t going to get bent over some how. Sacking Barrett if he signs would be the worse thing to do, he would have no reason not to go after every player of ours he wanted if we do that.

The Carrot has been dangled (I'm sure) to keep Barrett in line, (if he signs with dogs for 2021). Play nice (i.e. poach players we want to keep) do the right thing, or you'll get gardening leave again.

I'm sure Barrett would like to add a premiership ring to his CV as an assistant coach. This will help keep him playing nice.

I think there may be some players we move on (and I'm sure Barrett would take these no questions)

But I think a slight dash of blackmail will keep Trent playing 'nicely' with Panthers.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
From what I'm reading it will be for 2021 onwards (if it happens)

He's been warned off taking any players Penrith want.

Barrett has promised to keep Penrith in the loop.

Looks like he will stay on for the remainder of the year.

According to Dean Ritchie in daily telegraph.

(Sorry but I'm not clever enough to share the story)

I'm sure the carrot of a potential premiership ring as an assistant coach will help keep Trent playing 'nicely'

The one we want to keep has no reason to leave. Can stay and win games or go play for a spoon

Money talks. Dogs are going to have some serious cap space. Add that to personal a relationship and it’s crazy keeping him around.

In the corporate world he would be fired as soon as he signed somewhere else.

betcats

Referee
He’s already got relationships with the players, sacking him now isn’t going to change that. If he’s recruiting guys while still employed by us then sure get rid of him but If not then I don’t think it’s a good idea. He’d just be on the phone to anyone he wanted straight away.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He’s already got relationships with the players, sacking him now isn’t going to change that. If he’s recruiting guys while still employed by us then sure get rid of him but If not then I don’t think it’s a good idea. He’d just be on the phone to anyone he wanted straight away.

exactly.

Not point in letting him go.

Some subtle blackmail. You do the right thing, perhaps a premiership ring as an assistant. Pehaps you might some Panther players that don't fit into the squad.

Hence the headline in D/T play nice.

franklin2323

Immortal
Money talks. Dogs are going to have some serious cap space. Add that to personal a relationship and it’s crazy keeping him around.

In the corporate world he would be fired as soon as he signed somewhere else.

And those players here have got friendships of years here. Guys like Luai have children and live in the area all their lives...No reason to leave unless wanting regular gametime

mxlegend99

Referee
How attractive would the club be to our players?

CHN and DWZ had some good form early on but that club has hurt their careers. Katoa and Crichton pretty much have no career with them.

Sure money talks. But it would be a terrible career move for any player keen to be more than a fringe first grader. Be better off developing with us waiting for a top 17 spot and jumping at contracts from decent clubs should they come.

franklin2323

Immortal
How attractive would the club be to our players?

CHN and DWZ had some good form early on but that club has hurt their careers. Katoa and Crichton pretty much have no career with them.

Sure money talks. But it would be a terrible career move for any player keen to be more than a fringe first grader. Be better off developing with us waiting for a top 17 spot and jumping at contracts from decent clubs should they come.

WT, Warriors have money and space and are better options then the Dogs

WestyLife

First Grade
Unless there’s a binding agreement he won’t poach (not even sure how that’d work), I’d tell him to go now. The longer he stays, the more chance he has to build relationships with players.

The dogs are a team struggling in attack, who do you think they’re going to go after?

At training "right when you come to the defence you want to step like this off your left foot right into the Bulldogs number 7 for double what Panthers are offering"