What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial game: Sat 27 Feb | Eels v Panthers: 7.30pm (AEDT) at Panthers Stadium

Chipmunk

Coach
There was a lot of similarities with last year's trial in that game.

I can see there being a lot of similarities with last season also.

hindy111

Post Whore
So across our NRL and NSW cup side we manage one try off a mistake by the fullback. And we didn't look like scoring or making any sort of line break or in roads. It is just a trial but our structures and style looks the same. 5 hit ups and a bomb or 4 hit ups and a spread with Gutho throwing the money ball.
No creativity. No speed or exciting players in the backline. I dont like to take to much out of trials as we are more a physical style of side and we aren't going to use that in a trial.

Panthers did looks faster, stronger and more skilfully across the park. But I dare say we will build our wins on effort and aggression.

Avenger

Immortal
It was reported and spoken about all off season of the need to give Mahoney a rest and rotate him with another 9. What does BA do? Put Lussick on with 7 min to go. Either he is that stubborn or just f**king stupid.

My gut feeling says is this will be BA's last year with us. He will be boned by mid year. We looked shit. Tom Opačić was the best player on the field.

To be fair, we also watched our attack last year and we haven’t really seen anything to suggest it has changed.

I believe that we finished in the Top 4 last year? I'd panic after a couple of weeks in the actual season. But there are people (not you) have have a habit of starting the whiteanting process pretty early. It's a trial against a team that made the grand final FFS.

Avenger

Immortal
I believe that we finished in the Top 4 last year? I'd panic after a couple of weeks in the actual season. But there are people (not you) have have a habit of starting the whiteanting process pretty early. It's a trial against a team that made the grand final FFS.
I like being proven right when my legendary gut tells me we have overrated garbage players that are stealing a living. BA will be boned by July.

Avenger

Immortal
Moses is still clueless inside the opposition 20. He is as composed as a virgin with a full mongrel in a brothel.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Thought it was a decent effort, defence was pretty good. First try was just a bit of individual brilliance, second was a just a poor effort by Lane ( why didn’t he just make the tackle).

Ref was ok for a trial but didn’t call much

thought we have made a few adjustments to our attack ( edges running with a bit more depth, cutting back in, playing edge to edge. Mose running into the line more, we didn’t worry about offloads which will change round 1).

Our middles didn’t play big minutes in the first half ( and didn’t play with a lot of energy, which is expect in a trial) panthers got a little on top when they went off.

A few of the boys look liked they were only giving 75%. Paulo offered no ball playing like usual.

Looked like BA was trying to push a few of the boys fitness wise, lane, Mahoney, kaufusi, keegan, IP, Tom a bit more then I thought they would get.

Sivo looked safer under the ball. Fergo looks fit.

No try’s on the edge except for last but does that count?

Happy MEel

First Grade
Moses is still clueless inside the opposition 20. He is as composed as a virgin with a full mongrel in a brothel.
I want him to be more erratic and just play heads up footy attacking the opponent’s line. We sure as shit can’t run a shift on either side, so we may as well play to his strengths.

Avenger

Immortal
I’m starting to think I want him to be more erratic and just play heads up footy. We sure as shit can’t run a shift on either side, so we may as well play to his strengths.
He's played over 150 games is heading into his 'prime' at 26 yet still doesn't know the type of halfback he wants to be.

Noise

Coach
Thought it was a decent effort, defence was pretty good. First try was just a bit of individual brilliance, second was a just a poor effort by Lane ( why didn’t he just make the tackle).

thought we have made a few adjustments to our attack ( edges running with a bit more depth, cutting back in, playing edge to edge. Mose running into the line more, we didn’t worry about offloads which will change round 1).

Our middles didn’t play big minutes in the first half ( and didn’t play with a lot of energy, which is expect in a trial) panthers got a little on top when they went off.

A few of the boys look liked they were only giving 75%. Paulo offered no ball playing like usual.

Looked like BA was trying to push a few of the boys fitness wise, lane, Mahoney, kaufusi, keegan, IP, Tom a bit more then I thought they would get.

The first try was down our right edge.

Happy MEel

First Grade

No tries on the edge as they seemed to target Lane when he shifted to the middle.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
It was reported and spoken about all off season of the need to give Mahoney a rest and rotate him with another 9. What does BA do? Put Lussick on with 7 min to go. Either he is that stubborn or just f**king stupid.

My gut feeling says is this will be BA's last year with us. He will be boned by mid year. We looked shit. Tom Opačić was the best player on the field.

why would he interchange Mahoney in a trial, it’s about getting match fitness. Lussick has already played a trial last week plus the NSWRL.

You want Mahoney, “redlining” a bit to get him ready for round 1......

Latest posts