What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trial game: Sat 27 Feb | Eels v Panthers: 7.30pm (AEDT) at Panthers Stadium

Happy MEel

First Grade
He's played over 150 games is heading into his 'prime' at 26 yet still doesn't know the type of halfback he wants to be.
To be fair, he probably does but that might not align with the tough structured grinding style of footy BA wants us to play.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He's played over 150 games is heading into his 'prime' at 26 yet still doesn't know the type of halfback he wants to be.
Don' think he will ever get there with the coaching staff we have on offer, Johns can only do so much if we continue to to play BA/Murph ball. Our backline plays could be read by Stevie Wonder.

hindy111

Post Whore
I believe that we finished in the Top 4 last year? I'd panic after a couple of weeks in the actual season. But there are people (not you) have have a habit of starting the whiteanting process pretty early. It's a trial against a team that made the grand final FFS.

I'd give it 6 weeks. If we are only 2 wins.
If we are 3/3 it is fine. I like the side to be about 6/10 or even 7/12 games and then power home.

Avenger

Immortal
so you want our no. 1 hooker going into round 1 with 50 or so mins, and our back up with 140 mins or so mins so we can win a trial match ...... makes no sense

I would rather our no 1 hooker get a good hit out fitness wise.......
No need for him to have a big hitout if your intention is to play him a max of 60 min per game this season.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Had we won by a big margin, I feel a lot of people would be saying, "Relax - it's just a trial."

Losing is not fun, but it was a game with nothing at stake.

We didn't see any of our stars injured, so that's a massive plus.

And besides - we're not quite there yet (at a Grand Final level), but the Panthers are.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
No need for him to have a big hitout if your intention is to play him a max of 60 min per game this season.

yes there is, as you want him making decisions under fatigue, which requires match fitness. And a trial match is never as quick an NRL game.....

T-Boon

Coach
the attack will hopefully take care of itself ASAP because there does not seem to be any coach who is responsible for it or accountable for it. BA does not even believe in attack.

Soto

Bench
Not going to panic because its certainly early days but i didn't get a good feel about us moving forward as a team.
Seemed to be trying to work out how to play as a team. The backrowers and halves on opposite sides didn't seem to make any difference if anything worse..clearly nfi with attack. We need the field to be 200m wide to score as we always run out room.
Defensively were caught out again on the right wing and if I'm being honest the two tries they had called forward could've easily been let go.
Lazy marker defence gave Koroisau a saloon passage quite a few times..
Hipgrave has been poor in 2 trials and with Cartwright and Nuikore unavailable for the 1st game its a concern what the bench will be.
Also thought Klein was trigger happy giving them a few 6 agains and a couple of penalties. We got a duck egg. Were the panfers super quick off their line or just offside?
I think we need plenty of work..Penrith looked good even with some personnel having departed...

Noise

Coach
Not going to panic because its certainly early days but i didn't get a good feel about us moving forward as a team.
Seemed to be trying to work out how to play as a team. The backrowers and halves on opposite sides didn't seem to make any difference if anything worse..clearly nfi with attack. We need the field to be 200m wide to score as we always run out room.
Defensively were caught out again on the right wing and if I'm being honest the two tries they had called forward could've easily been let go.
Lazy marker defence gave Koroisau a saloon passage quite a few times..
Hipgrave has been poor in 2 trials and with Cartwright and Nuikore unavailable for the 1st game its a concern what the bench will be.
Also thought Klein was trigger happy giving them a few 6 agains and a couple of penalties. We got a duck egg. Were the panfers super quick off their line or just offside?
I think we need plenty of work..Penrith looked good even with some personnel having departed...
Yep, as predicted, Hipgrave is absolute dog shit.

Gazzamatta

Coach
TCT would have us believe we are the greatest team who has ever strapped on a boot. I love 40/20 but the rest of them are a deluded AF.
The issue is whilst training our attack is versus our defence and visa versa, both of which are average. It appears, once more, our attack is based on maximum effort repeatively through the middle. Bash and barge and hope the opposition defence falters. Ho hum.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The issue is whilst training our attack is versus our defence and visa versa, both of which are average. It appears, once more, our attack is based on maximum effort repeatively through the middle. Bash and barge and hope the opposition defence falters. Ho hum.
Yep, effort effort effort. If thats true then whats Lane in first grade for??? I mean our coach was happy with last season and saw it as an improvement. I thought we were junk the last 10 weeks, went out backwards and leaked 74 points in our last two games. Honestly if the coach is happy with that what are his standards??? It's just yet another reason he won't take us anywhere near a GF.

Let alone his faith in people that wouldn't get a job anywhere else in the NRL. Our attacking shapes are seriously U8's stuff.

Latest posts