What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trials

Perth Tiger

Bench
The size of Lobb and Willet on the wing in the second half was noticeable. It will be good if both can progress through to first grade so we can finally not have short wingers again.

Sezer showed exactly that we have been missing a half back for the last 10 years.

Starting pack looked good except for AJs defence which was shocking.

but I hope we have a good season injury wise because I am not sure on the depth

Vic Mackey

Referee
Overall a decent hit out. Thought Stef and Seyfarth were enormous early. Api and Sezer controlled things well. Fell apart once those guys went off after 20-25. I get we played against 12 for the last 60 however 4 of our guys played SG Ball last week which is 4 grades below NRL. Warriors for instance ran Metcalfe and RTS for the majority of the game and the rest were NSW cup players, whereas ours were Flegg/Ball. Only tupou and Sullivan played the second half (about 15 mins each) that will feature in our main side.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Interested to see our line up for next week. Hope that guys like Toa, Naden, Galvin, Latu Fainu are fit for a run. I assume Olam And Bateman won’t play til round 1.

It certainly gives us some options hey.
Lobb did well and his height is an asset as seen in the try he set up.
In the next trial Solomon Alaimalo might get a run and if all positive reports about him are true then he my add to the selection process.
Selections are not determined from a game alone but also what happens at training, which we don't get to see.

I will always maintain that last season we were a top 8 team between the two 20m zones but inside both 20s we were a mid table NSW Cup side. Having backs on both edges who can break tackles and beat players, as well as halves who can play with purpose will help.

Last season when we got inside the opposition 20 our tactics seemed to revolve around giving the ball to the guy who has played 150 games and not scored a try.

Nutz

Bench
I will always maintain that last season we were a top 8 team between the two 20m zones but inside both 20s we were a mid table NSW Cup side. Having backs on both edges who can break tackles and beat players, as well as halves who can play with purpose will help.

Last season when we got inside the opposition 20 our tactics seemed to revolve around giving the ball to the guy who has played 150 games and not scored a try.
Agree. We had no idea what to do in the red zone.

Tigerm

First Grade
I don't think any of us expect that we will win the comp this year, at best top 10, a slim hope of top 8, but that's it.

It was the first senior game for a lot of the lads that played and most probably won't see FG this year, if they do, IMO, it means the season is lost.

However, the spine showed promise & we know we have the forwards that can compete, and the backs who will come in are obviously an upgrade.

As many have said, depth will be the problem, I think we are covered in a few key positions, hooker & halves as well as backs, but a touch light in the forwards imo.

Like all teams, I think we will be competitive unless injuries cruel our season.

Nutz

Bench
As many have said, depth will be the problem, I think we are covered in a few key positions, hooker & halves as well as backs, but a touch light in the forwards imo.
Agree Tm.
Stefano and Klem were great in that first period but they need a sidekick especially is one goes down injured.
It's a pity Miller isn't ready and firing.
Atm players like Pole, Matamua, Bateman and Seyfarth shouldn't be used as battering rams but instead their agility is best suited hitting the edges and running angles.
Seyfarth was a breath of fresh air running into gaps today and to score as well.
Another thing that has stuffed up morale in recent years is failing every time we are in the red zone. The more they failed the less confidence they had.
By putting a broom thru the joint it got rid of that aweful culture. Now we have to keep rebuilding.
Luai will help because he knows how to win.

Fordy20

Juniors

Twal got there eventually, so it was all worth it

Tigerm

First Grade
NBWT twitter
Concerning for the Fox Sports product that WT had used 28 players within 60 minutes yet the commentators appeared to think the starting 13 was out there the whole time.

They were seeing Sezer running around in the second half even though he’d been sat on the bench since min 30.
———————-
TBH, I didn’t notice this, but it does make some sense in that they rarely talked about our team.

I do know though that they played with 12 players for 60 minutes and that RTS was playing hahaha

General Stripes

Juniors
A win, even in preseason, is always nice. Especially for us.
Lots to work on, fell into some bad habits when they went down a man.

f**k me fox and their unending shots at the tigers, “good way to start but warriors where missing a couple of big names, we resting our starting 17 pretty much from half time.

Nutz

Bench
Hi Guys.
It was a pretty solid trial from you.
I thought your halves had a good first half.
Looks like Benji is starting to get the squad humming.
Look forward to how you go this season
Good luck.
Cheers mate. Even though we played against a team that played most of the game with 12 men and the warriors seemed to be a lot fitter, it was nice to see some organisation in the halves.
Our halves have always been an issue. Happy days for now.

Nutz

Bench
Promising signs when comparing it to last seasons trial against the Warriors when they got walloped.Fox commentary was absolutely appalling. Ennis is a know all and carries on like he is the next immortal.
Unfortunately he hangs around like smelly fart.
He can never praise a player without including himself...like "I've been watching this fella and I believe he's going to be a gun" or "when I was playing he impressed me blah blah. He seems to know every players father too.

Latest posts