What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Troll dump thread

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Youse played well. Real well. Bad luck to your boys and hopefully next year they can find consistency for you all.

As for rowdy fans at the football - how dare they?

And tipping beer on Knights supporters - what a disgrace. Such waste cannot be tolerated.

troll

Juniors
Also a big thank you to the st george supporter who threw a beer over the guy sitting behind us.....who were on the hill and got into bay 4 where we sit and because they got removed threw a beer over him then ran....that spoilt the game for everyone around us. Great effort you gutless wonder!!

Also a big thank you to the Knights supporters who decided to take it upon themselves to try to make my night uncomfortable. Unfortunately for them it didn't work.

I was there as a neutral supporter and to watch footy in general and was congratulating some good play by the Dragons but obviously that wasn't allowed.

Apparantley I'm not allowed to live in the Hunter and support the visiting team.

Anyway, gutsy effort by the Knights, but the Dragons showed control when it counted! Good game.

Youse played well. Real well. Bad luck to your boys and hopefully next year they can find consistency for you all.

As for rowdy fans at the football - how dare they?

And tipping beer on Knights supporters - what a disgrace. Such waste cannot be tolerated.
And you Ronnie ...........are an arrogant prick.................typical of quiet a few Dragons supporters from what I observed last night

St. Linnane

First Grade
Yes it would. Which is exactly why I want nothing more than for it to happen.

These so-called 'fans' are the same heroes who threatened and abused my parents (both well into their 50's) and an elderly couple behind them into leaving the footy yesterday before halftime. They are the ones who, when asked to sit on the hil or stand up the back (which are the rules at the ground) told my Dad "we are the f***ing Dragons Army, we do what we want".

They are a f***ing disgrace to the game. Watching their precious Dragons choke again this year will be the sweetest karma of all.

PS - thanks to the security guards and cops who allowed the Southern Hill to be a land without law yesterday because they weren't man enough to stand up to the Dragins Army. Good job lads. Steve Burraston will be hearing about your 'efforts' tomorrow.

Joey Show,

I will start by acknowledging that the swearing is unacceptable, from BOTH teams supporters.

We were informed, by both security and a representative of the Knights, that due to the crowd being capacity it was standing room only on both hills for the evening. In fact, they even advised that at capacity each hill is 'licensed' for 4,000 people and that there would be no way that 4,000 people could sit on such a small space of grass.

Being told to "sit the f**k down" by a number of Knights 'supporters' who obviously weren't as informed as security or indeed Knights management did not sit well with us. One bottle blond 'female' was particularly abusive. Having beers, and other projectiles thrown at us by Knights 'supporters' was not appreciated either. Luckily security removed the beer throwing idiot prior to any further damage being done.

Perhaps you should scrutinise more closely the behaviour of some of your own 'supporters' before unloading on a group of opposition supporters.

Lastly, thank you for a great game (a little nerve racking towards the end) and all the best for 2011.

Last edited:

cleary89

Coach
Was actually suprised there was no fights in the area. I got hit by a few things thrown from idiots up the back, and we were constantly copping sh*t.

Security wouldn't let me bring in my "BYO DRUGS?" banner either.

Oh, and I was a bit dissapointed with a few other people. There was an old lady and a man who obviously weren't completely with it. There were about 6 or 7 kids giving her sh*t which is fair enough and she was getting visibily upset yelling stuff back. At least 2 kids would come up and yell stuff at her right in her face, much to the amusement of the boys parents. Then at least 3 other girls my age started giving her sh*t. Like cmon, shes disabled, your 21, show some class and respect.

I got there at around 5.30, and was standing about 3m from the back. Why people thought it was a good idea to sit down behind me, then tell me to sit down I have no idea. There was a heap of us standing there from from the start.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Lovely.
These so-called 'fans' are the same heroes who threatened and abused my parents (both well into their 50's) and an elderly couple behind them into leaving the footy yesterday before halftime. They are the ones who, when asked to sit on the hil or stand up the back (which are the rules at the ground) told my Dad "we are the f***ing Dragons Army, we do what we want".

They are a f***ing disgrace to the game. Watching their precious Dragons choke again this year will be the sweetest karma of all.
Oh dear, are you serious? Do you seriously expect a support group to sit? They are a large group and they stand to support their team, and they placed themselves as far up the back as practicable. It happens once a year (no other team brings a large group except us and our army sits in bay 1). As for abuse, I sat near the Dragons Army last night and I heard far more verbal slung at them. The only thing I was disappointed in them doing was chanting Saints chants when the Old Boys came around, thought that was pretty disrespectful.

PS - thanks to the security guards and cops who allowed the Southern Hill to be a land without law yesterday because they weren't man enough to stand up to the Dragins Army. Good job lads. Steve Burraston will be hearing about your 'efforts' tomorrow.
I was on the Southern Hill, and I can happily confirm you're full of sh*t. They did a good job to keep all the vital walkways clear, the Dragons Army didn't do anything illegal, and you're being precious and bitter because your team lost.

Ultimately every team including mine has a rowdy group and has bad eggs, you need to calm down and look at it from a realistic point of view. If you think Burraston has any hope of stopping the Dragons Army from entering the ground, you're delusional.

Gene Krupa

Referee
It's good to see the september choak has started early for you guys. Wasn't it two straight losses last year in the finals? Looks like you guys are carrying last years form into this years finals.

Enjoy!

Apey

Staff member
I don't know why people bother complaining about opposition fans, lol.

Every team has their f**kwits, the team you support isn't excluded. Odds are when they were being f**kwits, some of our fans were being f**kwits to them, because they were being f**kwits to us, and so on.

Moral of the story is you're at a football game with bogans and alcohol, and when the two mix there will always be trouble.

Gene Krupa

Referee
Was actually suprised there was no fights in the area. I got hit by a few things thrown from idiots up the back, and we were constantly copping sh*t.

Security wouldn't let me bring in my "BYO DRUGS?" banner either.

Oh, and I was a bit dissapointed with a few other people. There was an old lady and a man who obviously weren't completely with it. There were about 6 or 7 kids giving her sh*t which is fair enough and she was getting visibily upset yelling stuff back. At least 2 kids would come up and yell stuff at her right in her face, much to the amusement of the boys parents. Then at least 3 other girls my age started giving her sh*t. Like cmon, shes disabled, your 21, show some class and respect.

I got there at around 5.30, and was standing about 3m from the back. Why people thought it was a good idea to sit down behind me, then tell me to sit down I have no idea. There was a heap of us standing there from from the start.

Hi, I just wanted to point out that if you're trying for some kind of cute irony here, you've failed completely.

Point one: Get some new material. You remind me of Lucky Grills. Same lame jokes every year. If you need to make a comment on the club and it's cluture, then get something that happened this decade. Seriously, the drug thing, it's passe, old and not true. You should try a banner that relevent, something like "Saint! Choaking since '75" You know something that it true and real.

As for the people at the ground, seroiusly mate, if you don't like it don't come, if you do, follow the rules. It just shows your arrogance and the fact you don't respect other teams. FFS, I've never once gone to an away ground and antagonised the local. Why is it that the Choakers think they are above civility. What a tough man you are abusing elderly and children. At least you'll have something to think back on when the finals go the way they did last year.

And just a tip, you're luck I wasn't standing behind you. You would have been sitting down and you wouldn't have seen any of the game.

f**ktard.

cleary89

Coach
Hi, I just wanted to point out that if you're trying for some kind of cute irony here, you've failed completely.

Point one: Get some new material. You remind me of Lucky Grills. Same lame jokes every year. If you need to make a comment on the club and it's cluture, then get something that happened this decade. Seriously, the drug thing, it's passe, old and not true. You should try a banner that relevent, something like "Saint! Choaking since '75" You know something that it true and real.

What about something that happened this year? Or are you forgetting about Danny and Chris? Why would I make a banner that didn't spell choking right?

As for the people at the ground, seroiusly mate, if you don't like it don't come, if you do, follow the rules. It just shows your arrogance and the fact you don't respect other teams. FFS, I've never once gone to an away ground and antagonised the local. Why is it that the Choakers think they are above civility. What a tough man you are abusing elderly and children. At least you'll have something to think back on when the finals go the way they did last year.

Can you not read? Where did I abuse the elderly and children? I said I was disapointed with people my age (3 girls, all in knights jumpers way too tight and were probably a 4xl) who was giving sh*t to an elderly lady who was not with it. Which rules did I not follow? How did I not respect the local?

And just a tip, you're luck I wasn't standing behind you. You would have been sitting down and you wouldn't have seen any of the game.

f**ktard.

Lol good one.

Timmah

Staff member
I must say, the irony of a Saints fan bringing a banner relating to Newcastle's well publicised drug problems is epic.

Does cleary89 realise the two blokes busted for it are both former Dragons?

Cooper-Man

Bench

Mate i think you need to read the rules about a grass area inside a stadium. You cant force people to sit on the grass. ESPECIALLY in a SELLOUT. Also if you want to bring fold up chairs to a game and sit on the hill you should sit at the front. Every ground in australia with a hill practices the same thing. People ALWAYS stand up the back of the hill.

Secondly NO ONE abused your parents. I was there up the back and we were the ones who were copping abuse from some drunken fans. We were the ones being showered with beer cups and empty cans. Not you guys.

I think your just a little annoyed at the loss but there no need to make up stories. Two years ago we came up there and got smashed by the people who are employed to protect everyone. They have been dealt with and the Knights administration assured me during the week that it would NEVER happen again. They did a great job last night to make sure everyone was kept safe. Everyone left the ground safely without any incident.

Congrats to the Knights management in handling the sellout crowd so well. I am looking forward to coming back next season with 5 bus loads.

Saintsman

Juniors

Huuurrrr

cleary89

Coach
I must say, the irony of a Saints fan bringing a banner relating to Newcastle's well publicised drug problems is epic.

Does cleary89 realise the two blokes busted for it are both former Dragons?

Who doesn't. Still funny though.

Lovely.

Oh dear, are you serious? Do you seriously expect a support group to sit? They are a large group and they stand to support their team, and they placed themselves as far up the back as practicable. It happens once a year (no other team brings a large group except us and our army sits in bay 1). As for abuse, I sat near the Dragons Army last night and I heard far more verbal slung at them. The only thing I was disappointed in them doing was chanting Saints chants when the Old Boys came around, thought that was pretty disrespectful.

I was on the Southern Hill, and I can happily confirm you're full of sh*t. They did a good job to keep all the vital walkways clear, the Dragons Army didn't do anything illegal, and you're being precious and bitter because your team lost.

Ultimately every team including mine has a rowdy group and has bad eggs, you need to calm down and look at it from a realistic point of view. If you think Burraston has any hope of stopping the Dragons Army from entering the ground, you're delusional.

Firstly, seeing as though I aimed my comments at Dragons fans, and specifically the Dragons Army, I don't see how any of this has sweet FA to do with you.

Secondly, I DO NOT expect the Dragons Army to sit. I expect them to stand behind the line that is painted on the hill, marking the area where people can stand. If you could f***ing read, you'd understand this. This has been the rule for 10-15 years now, and I would think that of all people you, Mr I-Know-F***ing-Everything-There-Is-To-Know-About-The-NRL, would know that.

Next up, if I'm full of sh*t and everyone on the Southern Hill was having a good old love in last night, you might want to speak to the Knights marketing and ticketing manager. I did, and having been up on that hill for part of the night he agreed entirely with my account of events. He is going to Burraston with it tomorrow, and my guess is that the police and the security are going to get a serious lesson in doing their jobs.

Keeping the roll going, I DO NOT expect Burro to stop the Dragons Army from entering the ground. Once again, if you could read you'd understand that I never said this or anything of the sort. I expect that the security and police will enforce the event venue rules. Unrealitic, I know.

And finally, if you wish for me to "stop being precious because my team lost" and "take a realistic view", I will wait till next time YOUR parents are threatened and abused by a mob of drunken f***wits and then I'll counsel you to "take a realistic view". This may be a surprise to you, but I have things in my life that are more important than the result of a football game. My parents' safety is one of them. I don't expect you to understand that.

Cooper-Man

Bench
Firstly, seeing as though I aimed my comments at Dragons fans, and specifically the Dragons Army, I don't see how any of this has sweet FA to do with you.

Secondly, I DO NOT expect the Dragons Army to sit. I expect them to stand behind the line that is painted on the hill, marking the area where people can stand. If you could f***ing read, you'd understand this. This has been the rule for 10-15 years now, and I would think that of all people you, Mr I-Know-F***ing-Everything-There-Is-To-Know-About-The-NRL, would know that.

Next up, if I'm full of sh*t and everyone on the Southern Hill was having a good old love in last night, you might want to speak to the Knights marketing and ticketing manager. I did, and having been up on that hill for part of the night he agreed entirely with my account of events. He is going to Burraston with it tomorrow, and my guess is that the police and the security are going to get a serious lesson in doing their jobs.

Keeping the roll going, I DO NOT expect Burro to stop the Dragons Army from entering the ground. Once again, if you could read you'd understand that I never said this or anything of the sort. I expect that the security and police will enforce the event venue rules. Unrealitic, I know.

And finally, if you wish for me to "stop being precious because my team lost" and "take a realistic view", I will wait till next time YOUR parents are threatened and abused by a mob of drunken f***wits and then I'll counsel you to "take a realistic view". This may be a surprise to you, but I have things in my life that are more important than the result of a football game. My parents' safety is one of them. I don't expect you to understand that.

Your a f**kwit. The drunken St George supporters are locals and not members of The Dragon Army. Just because they were standing with us doesnt mean they came with us. We encourage EVERYONE to stand with us and would never reject anyone who wants to stand and sing with us. However the people you are refering to a from YOUR LOCAL AREA and we dont know ANY OF THEM.

Mate i think you need to read the rules about a grass area inside a stadium. You cant force people to sit on the grass. ESPECIALLY in a SELLOUT. Also if you want to bring fold up chairs to a game and sit on the hill you should sit at the front. Every ground in australia with a hill practices the same thing. People ALWAYS stand up the back of the hill.

Secondly NO ONE abused your parents. I was there up the back and we were the ones who were copping abuse from some drunken fans. We were the ones being showered with beer cups and empty cans. Not you guys.

I think your just a little annoyed at the loss but there no need to make up stories. Two years ago we came up there and got smashed by the people who are employed to protect everyone. They have been dealt with and the Knights administration assured me during the week that it would NEVER happen again. They did a great job last night to make sure everyone was kept safe. Everyone left the ground safely without any incident.

Congrats to the Knights management in handling the sellout crowd so well. I am looking forward to coming back next season with 5 bus loads.

Cooperman, you sound like a decent, reasonable bloke and I am certain that it wouldn't have been you that swore at my oldies. But the fact remains that a few of your guys did. My old man has nothing to gain from making up stories, and he had planty of witnesses there the saw the whole thing. And he wasn't one of the drunks abusing you... he wasn't even drinking.

I understand the challenges of overseeing the behaviour of a whole group of people... I too am in a supporters group. But human nature is to paint a whole group with the worst possible brush. If you guys allow the bad apples to get away with murder, you are going to end up with the sort of name the BUlldogs Army had a few years back, and I'm certain you don't want that (and nor would your club).

St. Linnane

First Grade

Actually, it is obviously you who can't read. The line is there for people who want to bring in fold up chairs at a height of greater than 150mm; as per the signs at the bottom of the hill.

Secondly, you complain about swearing and manage to swear twice in the one post. Given how easily it seems for you, are you sure your parents weren't offended by YOUR language?

Timmah

Staff member
Given I'm a member of the Dragons club, know a couple of the Army members and have sat with or next to them the last two weeks, including last night - pretty sure it does have something to do with me.
Let me get this right, you expect a group in excess of 100 to stand within an area that encompasses about 1.5m from the top retaining wall? :lol:

I understand losing and the season disappearing is tough stuff, but you need to relax.
So I was there all night from Toyota Cup and you were there for part of the night, and you know better than I do? I wouldn't for a moment suggest there was a good old love in but I'm not exactly sure how it was any different to any other Rugby League match you've attended. The security and police involved throughout the night did a good job and apart from the odd loudmouth (I saw at least 3 or 4 supporting each team who went a bit over the top) I reckon you're being just a tad precious. No fights that I saw and everyone kept in pretty good sprits.
What are you going to do, have a white line police?
My parents have copped abuse at the football before. We're Bulldogs fans. They've been called cheats, rapists, all sorts of things before. That's part and parcel sometimes. Even so, those who did or didn't abuse your parents likely weren't members of the army, but probably locals. Ultimately, the onus is on your parents to report these people to stadium security if they feel threatened. That's what most people do if they feel threatened or that their experience is being disrupted.

Perhaps knowing a large group was coming to the ground (the Knights were contacted by the leaders of the DA and obviously didn't perform their own duty of care by notifying their members and supporters) they should be aware of the fact?

If you honestly believe that the Army should be packing into the 10 sq foot area that little white line allows, you need your head read.

Last night was largely uneventful and you're trying to make something bigger of it because you're a little upset the season is gone. That much is obvious. Tall poppy syndrome at it's best.

Last edited:

Latest posts