What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Troll dump thread

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Given you are in here I think it's quite fitting!

Wasn't aware that a serious discussion about the crowd at last nights match was somehow a "trolling" exercise. I was at the ground last night and I'm qualified to comment whether you like it or not.

Gene Krupa

Referee
What about something that happened this year? Or are you forgetting about Danny and Chris? Why would I make a banner that didn't spell choking right?

Oh, I see. The fact that you're so clear on that probably is the reason they took the banner. You know, the club covered for them the whole time and all. TBH, these guys came from the Saints, so by extention, seeing as it was only those two, maybe you should look into the drug culture of the club they came from.

Can you not read? Where did I abuse the elderly and children? I said I was disapointed with people my age (3 girls, all in knights jumpers way too tight and were probably a 4xl) who was giving sh*t to an elderly lady who was not with it. Which rules did I not follow? How did I not respect the local?

Hahaha. Whatever.

Lol good one.

Oh, so you get what I was saying. Just making sure. You Saints fans are known for your randon violent acts. Mine wouldn't have been random .

TooheysNew

Coach
Wasn't aware that a serious discussion about the crowd at last nights match was somehow a "trolling" exercise. I was at the ground last night and I'm qualified to comment whether you like it or not.
Not the first time you've missed the point though... ;-)

cleary89

Coach
Oh, I see. The fact that you're so clear on that probably is the reason they took the banner. You know, the club covered for them the whole time and all. TBH, these guys came from the Saints, so by extention, seeing as it was only those two, maybe you should look into the drug culture of the club they came from.

Or maybe it was the people who they were hanging round with at Hamilton rsl every afternoon? Smoking and drinking at 3 in the arvo a couple of days a week. The way they acted there I was not suprised that they got done, and I'd bet everything I owned that they were selling to a lot of the guys there.

Hahaha. Whatever.

Good reply. So you admit you misread what I wrote the first time?

Oh, so you get what I was saying. Just making sure. You Saints fans are known for your randon violent acts. Mine wouldn't have been random .

I get the whole keyboard warrior thing, but I live up here so let me know where and when if you like?

St. Linnane

First Grade
Oh and Gene, having met Cleary last night; I can tell you he'd be serious and you'd better hope that you are fit.

Alternatively, continue to hide behind your keyboard.

TooheysNew

Coach
Gene's 8 feet tall and 130 kilograms. I hope your boy can take a hit.

No, wait... this is the internet. How pathetic.

Enough of the threats thanks ladies.

Last edited:

macavity

Referee
Hopefully this won't be a problem next year, when the stadium is finished and hopefully opposition supporters will have their own bay. I really think it is the only option. Worked very well for the dogs army earlier in the year.

TJS - can confirm cooperman is a decent bloke. The passion maybe makes him turn a blind eye to some behavioural issues in the hangers-on, but yes, a decent bloke.

cooperman - a friendly comment - if these things keep happening (only up here?) maybe you need to get some of your regulars to tell the hangers-on to pull their heads in.... while it is probably easier for us as we are much less numerous than you guys, it is something we are big on. Whether regulars or not, drunken morons hanging about causing trouble reflects badly on the supporters group.

STG-MACCA

Bench
The only drunken morons were either not wearing jerseys (read: not in the Dragon Army) or locals giving it to the Dragon Army. I think your stadium needs to review the RSA laws including allowing intoxicated patrons into the venue.

Yes it would. Which is exactly why I want nothing more than for it to happen.

These so-called 'fans' are the same heroes who threatened and abused my parents (both well into their 50's) and an elderly couple behind them into leaving the footy yesterday before halftime. They are the ones who, when asked to sit on the hil or stand up the back (which are the rules at the ground) told my Dad "we are the f***ing Dragons Army, we do what we want".

They are a f***ing disgrace to the game. Watching their precious Dragons choke again this year will be the sweetest karma of all.

PS - thanks to the security guards and cops who allowed the Southern Hill to be a land without law yesterday because they weren't man enough to stand up to the Dragins Army. Good job lads. Steve Burraston will be hearing about your 'efforts' tomorrow.

It's very unlikely that what you are saying is true.

For one thing, "Dragons Army" is a misnomer that would never be used by someone actually in the Dragon Army. There is no such thing as the "Dragons Army."

Apart from that telling error, I've been with the Dragon Army to dozens of away hills and have seen discussions and disagreements over standing/sitting issues take place and have never witnessed the kind of attitude or exchange you are claiming took place.

In summation, it is probable that you are engaged in one of modern man's most prevalent vice's: lying about stuff on the internet.

Gene Krupa

Referee

For one thing, "Dragons Army" is a misnomer that would never be used by someone actually in the Dragon Army. There is no such thing as the "Dragons Army."

Apart from that telling error, I've been with the Dragon Army to dozens of away hills and have seen discussions and disagreements over standing/sitting issues take place and have never witnessed the kind of attitude or exchange you are claiming took place.

In summation, it is probable that you are engaged in one of modern man's most prevalent vice's: lying about stuff on the internet.

Oh dear.

Noname36

First Grade

It's funny how this "lying" only seems to come up when we play the Dragons. It's extremely rare that I've heard of other knights fans getting distressed at the footy, although these incidents always seem to surface when we play the dragons. Maybe that's saying something?

And you're a pretty oblivious dragon's fan if you don't think the dragon's army is actually a known group. I have a mate who is a dragon's supporter ( living in Newcastle), and he told me that he was gonna sit with the "dragon's army" on saturday night . Granted he got in too late to get a ticket, but he knew what the f**king dragon's army was.

Dragon's games are also the only ones that I won't take my young son too. You can't enjoy the game when you're too busy worrying about your child's safety.

It's funny how this "lying" only seems to come up when we play the Dragons. It's extremely rare that I've heard of other knights fans getting distressed at the footy, although these incidents always seem to surface when we play the dragons. Maybe that's saying something?

And you're a pretty oblivious dragon's fan if you don't think the dragon's army is actually a known group. I have a mate who is a dragon's supporter ( living in Newcastle), and he told me that he was gonna sit with the "dragon's army" on saturday night . Granted he got in too late to get a ticket, but he knew what the f**king dragon's army was.

Dragon's games are also the only ones that I won't take my young son too. You can't enjoy the game when you're too busy worrying about your child's safety.

Nah it's all good mate, clearly I made it all up because I am disappointed we missed the finals (despite the fact I've been saying on this very forum that we have been no hope of making the finals for the last six weeks). Just ask Timmeh, he knows all. Including when I (and the numerous witnesses I've spoken / had contact with over the past 48 hours) are lying.

And Follow Me Up To Carlton, forgive me for not losing sleep over the fact that you think I am a liar. You've got your version of the story champ, and I've got the truth.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Funny on a few counts, looks like you missed the little joke before. In all seriousness, your little story actually proves a point, that there are hangers-on that haven't had anything to do with the Army before, and some of them (not saying your mate) cause sh*t and give the group itself a bad name.

I love that little line you pulled at the end though, well done on being sensationalist :lol: I've seen it that many times said about Canterbury and yet we still draw the biggest crowds in the NRL excluding Brisbane...
And Follow Me Up To Carlton, forgive me for not losing sleep over the fact that you think I am a liar. You've got your version of the story champ, and I've got the truth.

Love that little nugget of wisdom. Truth always is somewhere in the middle, especially when people are telling an emotional story.

Last edited:

macavity

Referee
I love that little line you pulled at the end though, well done on being sensationalist :lol: I've seen it that many times said about Canterbury and yet we still draw the biggest crowds in the NRL excluding Brisbane...

aaah, and along rides "Mr I know everything about the NRL and am completely unbiased"TM to save the day... seriously timbob, we have never had these problems with dogs fans at EAS.

We have had isolated minor problems with (Newcastle based) Manly fans, and then the recurring problems with Dragons fans.

This only happens when the Dragons visit... and then the Dragons fans call us liars. Thats right Dragons, it is all a big conspiracy against you. We caused 9/11 too, you know.

I applaud the dogs army for having (and as far as I can tell, enforcing) a code of conduct.

Maybe it isn't your regulars (although last time it certainly was someone on the bus) - but your fans carrying on like tools at EAS seems to be a recurring problem. As I said before, maybe the regulars need to police the hangers-on a bit better.

A very simple solution, and one that should be in place next year, is to do exactly what the dogs army did - get your own bay.

You have no rules and you have anarchy. Anarchy is inherently destructive - and will catch up with you one day.

Last edited:

cleary89

Coach
What is the problem? As far as I can see the only complaint is someone told some guys to sit down and they said no. Hardly the reoccuring problem that makes you worried about your childs safety.

In the area I was in, we were copping it from everyone. Lots of personal attacks and stuff being thrown. I didn't see the army giving it to anyone personally i.e. only the drugcastle, stand up if you love st george, etc. None of this "sit the f**k down you f**king merkins".

Even when Soward scored at the end, it was just cheering and chanting for us, rather than giving sh*t to the Knights supporters (which I would have loved to do).

Getting our own bay takes some of the fun away. Most of what happened that night was all in good fun. Hopefully next year people will remember that we stand the whole game, so dont put your rug down behind us and then tell us to "sit down you f**king merkins" in front of your family including 3 kids under 10. Although I doubt it. Living up here makes me realise how lucky I am to come from a decent area.

Noname36

First Grade

Call me a sensationalist, or a liar, or over protective, I don't really care what you think personally. I have no idea why Doggie's fans get such a bad reputation, from my experiences around them, they’ve always been absolutely fantastic. I took my son down to the Knights vs. Dogs semi at ANZ last year, and we were surrounded by mostly Dog’s supporters. Despite the result, my son had a fantastic time down there, and I think the Doggie supporters we were with were a major reason for that. I wouldn’t think twice about taking him down there again. We can’t wait until the Knight’s play them down there again in fact.

However, I still refuse to take him to a Dragon’s game (even when they’re playing in Newcastle where there’s more Knight’s fans than Dragons). It seems like there’s sh*t caused every time they come here (i.e. the fight in 08). He loves the footy, but I honestly think wasting the money I spend on his season ticket to miss the Dragon’s game is worth it. I’ve seen, and heard too much stuff to risk it. And I'm not just talking about the mythical "Dragon's Army" here.

Call us all oversensitive, but we have a very large children, and elderly fan base. That stuff might be acceptable at the Dragons, but it isn’t here…and they should at least try to respect that.

Last edited:

cleary89

Coach
hahaha.

We are actually all terrorists. We don't even like the footy, we just go to cause trouble.

f**k you are precious.

Look, I obviously don't expect you to admit to your lie in here. That would make you lose face in front of all.

However, I suggest you take a good hard look at yourself and maybe make some adjustments to the importance you place on truth in the future.

Latest posts