What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tuqiri set to stay on at Tigers

BuffaloRules

Coach
6 weeks or so out from the start of the season and the salary cap still hasn't been worked out.
Absurd stuff.

Or perhaps the Tigers are just using it as an excuse to send a message to Lote that they aren't all that interested in him.

Matchball

Bench
Why would they offer a year if thats the case?

We all know Humpty doesnt mind telling players to look elsewhere

We need him as a mentor for the young fijians coming through but thats where it should end.
He can give more to the club there than on the field.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Why would they offer a year if thats the case?

We all know Humpty doesnt mind telling players to look elsewhere

They offered Ryan three years didn't they?

How did that work out?

Seriously, they are using the fact they dont know what the salary cap will be as an excuse for not doing the deal, yet the Roosters can sign Jennings and Tits can make a massive offer for Lyon for 2013??

innsaneink

Referee
Theres a difference.....the timing of it all.
Ryan wouldnt be left stranded at the seasons start with nowhere to play

If this IS what theyre doing, its a new low.

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
I read somewhere recently that Tugger Coleman just celebrated his 50th birthday, given Tuqiri was resigned I'm surprised that the Tigers didn't make Tugger an offer ??? LOL

So we need a bloke taking a spot in the squad, taking up cap space to hold a rookies hand?
Surely someone else could do this?
Lote could do it without playing

We already have senior experienced players to guide the rookies.

Yeah, can't see the sense in that... Surely he could be paid a little more and have a wanked up title rather than running around on the paddock.

I like Lote, and I could stomach a one year deal at the right price, particularly a performance based contract. He was very good in his first year, but injuries have really hampered a roll on for him.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Not glad to see him injured but happy this will force us to move forwards and look to future. I suspect Utai will be more a bench player. His known weakness under the highball has been shown to potter against easts. Simona to get a go? I'd also consider meaney too.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Utai will become a utility this year now with any luck, covering back row more than anything else in attack