What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TV pays top-rating NRL half as much as AFL

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Mikeo said:
I'm serious i don't want it to turn into a slanging match, I havn't got the time or the energy, or the inclination.

This is a thread about TV rights, and everything in it is relevant to the thread.

See what I mean.. it's happened again. It's all about "me" not the facts and what has been posted, and I wanted to avoid that. How about responding to the post?

Too bad, you have been whinging and whinning non stop at BF for soooo long now.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=163506

Get in there.

FFS, been here a minute and whining already.

Just think of it this way, if I went to BF crapping on about this stuff in the AFL section and pointing out how the NRL urinates on the AFL on TV, I'd be immediately banned.

Actually, I was immediately banned, twice.

Stick to TFC, we'll look after you. ;-)

Razor

Coach
fourplay said:
What makes you think they are going to leave ???

When the deal was reached late 1997, there was an agreement reached. They will be in the game from 1998-2017. That is when News would have recovered their losses from Super League. And they'll hand back control of the game to the ARL, and will no longer take $10mil out a year for themselves, and also will no longer have a say in who gets the games contracts (which currently in any field that News operates, News Ltd owned companies have the contracts)

Their is a legally bound contract. In 2018, they will no longer have any ownership of the game - only clubs.