What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TV rights thread part 4

docbrown

Coach
As opposed to you putting TV habits ahead of potential funding to juniors with tattered jerseys? Shame on you.

According to some people on here it doesn't matter how much money they got - the ARLC is going to piss it away no matter what.

Despite not having spent a single cent of it yet...

dogslife

Coach
Seriously we're going to get to 2017 and still only have 1 game live on FTA each week, that is the hardest aspect of this deal to swallow

M2D2

Bench
Hey Perth Red, im not a death rider like you, a deal that has put a pin in any expansion so my team gets more money does not make me happy.
The NRL wont subsidise membership. I have said this so many times. Playing the what if game wont work.
We played the what if game and the NRL chose more money. They arent going to turn around and pass on the savings to us.
They just f**ked us. They arent going to make tickets cheaper.
They chose to be stuck in the past for more money.

Parra

Referee
According to some people on here it doesn't matter how much money they got - the ARLC is going to piss it away no matter what.

Despite not having spent a single cent of it yet...

I reckon they'll build a monorail

Seriously we're going to get to 2017 and still only have 1 game live on FTA each week, that is the hardest aspect of this deal to swallow

First+World+Problems+Lady.jpg

qldseaeagle96

Juniors
i dont get it

why all the interest in all this?

What? Really? Are you 4 years old?

What about the nrl showed zero balls and completely bent over for ch nein. Which means:

An absolutely shit deal for fans. 1 game on fta a week. In 2016/17. An embarrassment and farce. Denying large markets access to live coverage of the game of the week. Baffling.

The fact that this cannot be a fair sporting competition due to the fact nein will rename Friday night as broncos night giving them a guaranteed 7 day turnaround nd. Much larger and consistent audience meaning a way better deal or sponsors and dollars.

Sunday twilight games. Really? Is this a bad joke? How many punters do you imagine going through the turnstiles on a cold July Sunday evening for roosters v raiders at Allianz.

We have as fans have been shafted. HARD.

typicalfan

Coach
As i said in the other thread it would have been nice to spread our coverage over to Saturday Night FTA and Sunday Night FTA so we could stop giving other codes free rides in NSW and QLD. I am very happy with the billion though because the game deserves it and so do the clubs.

Hey Perth Red, im not a death rider like you, a deal that has put a pin in any expansion so my team gets more money does not make me happy.
The NRL wont subsidise membership. I have said this so many times. Playing the what if game wont work.
We played the what if game and the NRL chose more money. They arent going to turn around and pass on the savings to us.
They just f**ked us. They arent going to make tickets cheaper.
They chose to be stuck in the past for more money.

They chose the money because they need the money more than better coverage. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow.

What part of that don't you get you f**king selfish merkin.

GAZF

First Grade
If you think that will change with whats happened today youre a moron.

9 have pledged to televise SOO/Grand Final in HD. thats all.

The ARLC has more than television viewers to take care of, this requires cash. Do you really think the funds will be misappropriated so that the salary cap jumps to $15 million and those fat cats at RL central line their pockets?

ratsack2

Juniors
other than the game coverage channel 9 cintinually run stories that run the game into the ground, if they get an exclusive that no one else knows about then they should put it to bed for the betterment of the game, but instead they put the boot in, take the Brett Seymour incident for instance, channel 9 has the footage that no one else does, but what do they do with it, full national coverage, instead they should of destroyed it and one less controversy, but thats channel 9 for you and it is not an Isolated incident either.they will continue to rape our game

eozsmiles

Bench

We don't know that for sure. Might not even be using TV's as we know them by then. Can't speculate on future viewing habits too much.

beads6

First Grade
They chose the money because they need the money more than better coverage. A dollar today is worth more than a dollar tomorrow.

What part of that don't you get you f**king selfish merkin.

That money will be worth shit loads when Rugby League goes the same way as Rugby Union. All on foxtel and all of sudden nobody gives a shit about the game.

M2D2

Bench
Georges predictions.
Memberships all across the board will be noticeably increased.
Tickets all across the board will be increased.
Country/grass roots rugby league still in shambles, the media still reporting it.
People will continue to rant and rave about the state of the game with channel 9/fox still dictating terms (sorry wally had to steal that one).
Broncos still getting majority friday night games.
The usual suspects will still be in the same boat they are in now financially.
families will not go to football games because of how much it costs.
Crowds on monday night football still bad.

All of these things which you claim "we are not worse off" if we keep up with whats being delivered for the next 5 years which is what today has shown we will, if we stay stuck here, compared to where we COULD be. We are worse off.
George has had enough.

Latest posts