What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TV Series to self isolate with

Eelementary

Post Whore
Jordan: played with brilliant players like Dennis Rodman, Toni Kukoc, Scottie Pippen (the NBA's most criminally under-rated player of all time, imo)...

LeBron: got to carry elite talents such as JR Smith...and still dominated...is also much less of a dick than Jordan...

Still - Michael Jordan was magic to watch.

Jordan: played with brilliant players like Dennis Rodman, Toni Kukoc, Scottie Pippen (the NBA's most criminally under-rated player of all time, imo)...

LeBron: got to carry elite talents such as JR Smith...and still dominated...is also much less of a dick than Jordan...

Jordan also didn't feel obliged to reverse his first and last names to make a dickhead of himself.

Bazal

Post Whore
He might be a dick but he was a sport superstar in our lifetime and an entertainer ... i think there will be good stories

He probably has plenty of good stories.

Unfortunately every single time he opens his mouth, an ego-driven agenda pops out instead.

T.S Quint

Coach

You forgetting to mention any of the great players Lebron has played with in his career?
Kyrie Irving. Dwane Wade. Chris Bosh. Kevin Love. Ray Allen. Not exactly scrubs. Jordan won 6 championships with Bill Cartwright and Luc Longley as his centres in a time when centre was probably the most important position.

I love Lebron. Think he’s brilliant. But he never won anything without some decent players around him either. I don’t think there would be many players who have.
Even now Lebron had to go and get Anthony Davis and Rajon Rondo to come play with him to get some wins.

Noise

Coach
You forgetting to mention any of the great players Lebron has played with in his career?
Kyrie Irving. Dwane Wade. Chris Bosh. Kevin Love. Ray Allen. Not exactly scrubs. Jordan won 6 championships with Bill Cartwright and Luc Longley as his centres in a time when centre was probably the most important position.

I love Lebron. Think he’s brilliant. But he never won anything without some decent players around him either. I don’t think there would be many players who have.
Even now Lebron had to go and get Anthony Davis and Rajon Rondo to come play with him to get some wins.
Anthony Davis yes but In 2020 Rajon Rondo is bog average.

Noise

Coach
Jordan won 6 championships with Bill Cartwright and Luc Longley as his centres in a time when centre was probably the most important position.
The centre position became much less important in the 90s. Have a look at the bulls opponents playing in the centre position during the finals:
Lakers - Vlade Divac, Mykal Thompson
Portland - Kevin Duckworth and Wayne Cooper
Phoenix - Tim Kempton, Oliver Miller
Seattle - Hersey Hawkins
Utah - Greg Foster. Adam Keefe
They are no better than Cartwright and Longley.
In the 90s it was more about guards and forwards, like it is today.

strider

Post Whore
The centre position became much less important in the 90s. Have a look at the bulls opponents playing in the centre position during the finals:
Lakers - Vlade Divac, Mykal Thompson
Portland - Kevin Duckworth and Wayne Cooper
Phoenix - Tim Kempton, Oliver Miller
Seattle - Hersey Hawkins
Utah - Greg Foster. Adam Keefe
They are no better than Cartwright and Longley.
In the 90s it was more about guards and forwards, like it is today.
Hersey Hawkins was a guard ... sam perkins and the other ervin johnson

Lets not forget other greats at the time like greg ostertag

Divac and Duckworth were quality

Noise

Coach
Hersey Hawkins was a guard ... sam perkins and the other ervin johnson

Lets not forget other greats at the time like greg ostertag

Divac and Duckworth were quality
Divac averaged 11.8 points and 8 rebounds a game and 1.4 blocks a game. He was ok.
Duckworth also averaged 11.8 Points, 5 rebounds and 0.5 blocks per game. He was also ok.
My point was they were all similar in quality to the Bulls centres:
Cartwright, 13 points, 6 boards, 0.7 blocks per game.
Longley when he played with the bulls averaged almost 10 points, 5.5 rebounds and 1 block a game.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He probably has plenty of good stories.

Unfortunately every single time he opens his mouth, an ego-driven agenda pops out instead.
His BS excuse about his positive Drug test test is still laughable, “I’m not blaming my mum but...........”

strider

Post Whore
Divac averaged 11.8 points and 8 rebounds a game and 1.4 blocks a game. He was ok.
Duckworth also averaged 11.8 Points, 5 rebounds and 0.5 blocks per game. He was also ok.
My point was they were all similar in quality to the Bulls centres:
Cartwright, 13 points, 6 boards, 0.7 blocks per game.
Longley when he played with the bulls averaged almost 10 points, 5.5 rebounds and 1 block a game.
I'm not disagreeing .... hence my greg ostertag comment .... there were high quality centres around but the game had swung away from that

i had a quick google of 1st draft picks .... in the 80s it was almost all centres ... in the 90s still a few (like superstar michael olowokandi), but had switched to power forwards and guards

strider

Post Whore
I decided to take a trip down memory lane ....

centres of the playoff teams for the NBA 95/96 season

Luc Longley
Shaq
Rik Smits
Brad Daughty
Patrick Ewing
Christian Laettner
Theo Ratliff
Alonzo Mourning

Ervin Johnson, Sam Perkins
David Robinson
Greg Ostertag
Vlade Divac
Hakeem Olajuwon
Arvydas Sabonis
Joe Kleine
Olden Polynice

other notables

Dikembe Mutombo
Gheorghe Muresan
Shawn Bradley
Kevin Duckworth

Noise

Coach
I'm not disagreeing .... hence my greg ostertag comment .... there were high quality centres around but the game had swung away from that

i had a quick google of 1st draft picks .... in the 80s it was almost all centres ... in the 90s still a few (like superstar michael olowokandi), but had switched to power forwards and guards
Yep I was going to mention the draft pick trends regarding centres. Massive decline.

Eelementary

Post Whore

I'm not denigrating Jordan; simply pointing that Jordan got plenty of support.

A lot of people were quick to denigrate Kobe's career, because he had a dominant Shaq helping him out.

Basketball is a team game. Individuals are great, but team players are where it's at.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I love Michael Jordan, but I just can't look past James' statistics.

He has won fewer Championships than Jordan, but he was a better blocker than Jordan; a better rebounder than Jordan; a better passer of the ball than Jordan; arguably a better dunker (I would go as far as saying that LeBron is the greatest in-game dunker ever, as he is practically unstoppable); and he has scored more points than Jordan.

That doesn't mean that Jordan was over-rated or anything - Jordan was a basketball god.

But LeBron is something else entirely.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
His BS excuse about his positive Drug test test is still laughable, “I’m not blaming my mum but...........”

I think if he'd come out and just said "look, I got a bit fat and I wanted to drop some weight, I f**ked up and used the wrong thing" no one would even remember his drug ban unless they were reminded.

But his ego wouldn't let him lol