What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrone May

Iamback

Coach
This is such a poor argument. Every day people face the consequences of their own actions, and often those consequences are imposed by less than perfect people.

But, no, I’ve never filmed a woman against her wishes and then gone on to dismiss it as no big deal. May has made his bed, and even if he gets another chance at the panthers he’s rightfully facing the consequences of his actions.

How many people drink drive or speed then continue the very same behaviour?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Some on here are sounding like they're never made a grave mistake in their life.

Many have, and have managed to turn their life around.

To quote words of an old song.....

'Oh Lord it's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way.'

May has the right to post his feelings on Instagram, the club and the NRL have the right to respond. Contracts contain behaviour clauses, this isn’t new ground.
And if the behavioural clauses are along the lines of ‘you won’t author posts that outrage the Herbert Henry’s of the world..’ then TMay could well be on his way….

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Here is my theary

He'll go back play park footy for say 12months-18 months.

If Tryone is able to keep his nose clean (so to speak( no social media et al)

He'll come back into the first grade squad.

He'll get a small retainer

a job with someone like Lew Z on a building site.

That for me would be the best all round.

Abacus

Juniors
So what if May is dating Indi and the same appiles with May being best mates with Cleary.

When it comes down to it this above will matter little on whether May is re-signed or not.
He's already been re-signed. The question is whether the club is willing to sack him. Presumably Ivan & Nathan will provide character references.

age.s

First Grade
I dont think his actions post GF have been anything to spiral over. If he is turfed I hope its because the club feel we can do better with his spot in the squad and not as a panicked reaction to the pressure and hate from establishment media and H Lovejoys more broadly.

The_Frog

First Grade
You can when the social media post is linked to a last conviction.

I find it so bizarre how many people are simply looking at the Instagram post in isolation.
It wasn't enough without the instagram post, but (it looks like) it is enough with it. That is why it will be looked at in isolation.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Some on here are sounding like they're never made a grave mistake in their life.

Many have, and have managed to turn their life around.

To quote words of an old song.....

'Oh Lord it's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way.'
I am far from perfect, however, the errors I made only affected myself. May made the ambiguous post. He only took it down at the clubs orders, allegedly. Most clubs would have torn up his contract shortly after his court case. Also, he brought the club into disrepute.

The_Frog

First Grade
Fwiw - Peter knows people at the club, and he works with Troy Dodds who is married to the chairman’s daughter.

They didn't give him a sanction on top of the NRL for the offence. They didn't give him a sanction on top of the NRL for the TikTok business. But they're giving him a sanction on top of the NRL now. He's gone, but I do believe their grounds are tenuous. They'll be hoping he takes it on the chin

The_Frog

First Grade
I dont think his actions post GF have been anything to spiral over. If he is turfed I hope its because the club feel we can do better with his spot in the squad and not as a panicked reaction to the pressure and hate from establishment media and H Lovejoys more broadly.
I'm afraid the latter is exactly what it is. The club should pay him out if they want rid of him, or else pay his freight for another club. Hook gave him his debut, I'd be surprised if he couldn't find a spot in his squad at a bargain price.

DinkyDi

Juniors
Does any one knows if, 1. May signed that extension, and 2. if he did, what was the length? Thanks in advance.

Iamback

Coach
For the dumb shit (Kikau singing and the trophy thing) sure. But the May stuff hasn’t been a media beat up at all. He brought that on himself.

I am leaving the May stuff out of it because there could merit to that pending the meeting.

The Trophy thing was over the top. Even had Webster going on some rant

Kikau singing

Back page story of Cleary and May sneaking their mates in - zero mention of them being cleared

had the 'white powder' on the phone during a pic story too

Ever since Ricky whinged to his mates at the DT when we won v Raiders we copped it in the media

Luke Bowden

First Grade
The thing that bothers me is not so much the Insta-Post it’s self, I didn’t think it was that bad.

It’s the fact that he made “any post” and drew attention to himself.

He just constantly does $hit that brings heat to our club. Even if it’s not his fault.

DinkyDi

Juniors
The thing that bothers me is not so much the Insta-Post it’s self, I didn’t think it was that bad.

It’s the fact that he made “any post” and drew attention to himself.

He just constantly does $hit that brings heat to our club. Even if it’s not his fault.
The Panthers has not had any major disruptions until his sex video surfaced. Maybe May needs help, and the stay off social media for a while. Made a period out of the spot light will help him?