What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrone May

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Since the sex tape conviction what actually have been the 'constant' stuff ups ?

I can recall 2.

The tik tok episode when he was actually seen in the videoa but was there. Lying to the NRL. (Cleary did the same, was actually seen in the video)

The post on instagram (about 14 months later)

If you want to stretch the elastic He and Cleary junior giving mates tickets to a grandfinal....(no sanction) just mates giving mates tickets.

So 2 episodes. Hardly constant or continual.

A bloke is going to be sacked for posted a photo and words to a Drake song.

In my world that is harsh. Very harsh.

age.s

First Grade
Ok. I find that position strange. Not liking people because of their postcode? That's just weird to me. I don't remember any media hate for us in 91 and 03...

Sorry, I'm not saying that posters pointing to other teams is blaming them for our problems, I'm saying it's being used as a way to say that May should be blameless because other teams have dickheads.

Media are dicks, but I find it hard to believe there's some kind of agenda against just our team. What makes our team, out of the 16, the ones who the media hate? This is what I don't agree with. The media are merkins to everyone, not just those in Penrith.
Of course people are judged based on where they live. Why would that be weird? Being a "westie" is a stereotype with bad connotations. It's been around as long as I've been alive and I've lived almost all my life in the area. Why wouldn't that manifest in the media and their readers? It certainly manifests on here.

As to what's changed, it's hard to say with certainty. The media environment was different back then. Less reliance on clicks. Less direct feedback from the fanbase. Ivan isn't particularly well liked. Who knows. I just know when you're getting shit for bog standard try celebrations that something isn't right.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Of course people are judged based on where they live. Why would that be weird? Being a "westie" is a stereotype with bad connotations. It's been around as long as I've been alive and I've lived almost all my life in the area. Why wouldn't that manifest in the media and their readers? It certainly manifests on here.

As to what's changed, it's hard to say with certainty. The media environment was different back then. Less reliance on clicks. Less direct feedback from the fanbase. Ivan isn't particularly well liked. Who knows. I just know when you're getting shit for bog standard try celebrations that something isn't right.
Oh I'm not denying that there is a huge aspect of that brother, no way in hell. But I don't agree that the ONLY reason we're getting the media attention is because of the postcode we share (shared in my case as I moved a while back). My point is, and I'm making an absolute meal of trying to voice it, is that without TMay, our negative publicity is a lot less.

The try celebrations one was an absolute joke. I was chuffed as f**k when the boys made a mockery of it with the handshake thing.

Iamback

Coach
Oh I'm not denying that there is a huge aspect of that brother, no way in hell. But I don't agree that the ONLY reason we're getting the media attention is because of the postcode we share (shared in my case as I moved a while back). My point is, and I'm making an absolute meal of trying to voice it, is that without TMay, our negative publicity is a lot less.

The try celebrations one was an absolute joke. I was chuffed as f**k when the boys made a mockery of it with the handshake thing.

It is hard because both happened together But the way Ivan came across leaves a sour taste with the haters.

IF May gets the ass next week. I don't except any less hate due to that and the fact we are good now and jealousy will hit

I forgot about the try outrage. That was embarassing from the media

DinkyDi

Juniors

I remember some one commented, and I will not reveal names, that the daily telegraph is being sued, if that is the case, then that will explain the barrage of negative coverage.

Iamback

Coach
External pre$$ure.

Again though. Those sponsors signed on with him in the side knowing the past.

Why sign on in the 1st place? What happens next time something blows up?

I just don't get it. You sign on in RL knowing that at any stage something can blow up.

He was re-signed while facing court.
He was then re-signed after the Tiktok ban

So yes it is just the instagram. The club clearly had no issue with the other incidents

That’s absurd, sorry. They obviously had an issue with the other incidents, hence he only got 1 year extensions. They were managing their risk.

Are you seriously trying to suggest the club had no issue with the illegal sex filming of women?! Come on, dude. That’s just plain ridiculous.

Iamback

Coach
That’s absurd, sorry. They obviously had an issue with the other incidents, hence he only got 1 year extensions. They were managing their risk.

Are you seriously trying to suggest the club had no issue with the illegal sex filming of women?! Come on, dude. That’s just plain ridiculous.

Yet they re-signed him.
You know what has no risk...Not re-signing him in the 1st place

Clubs want to win they don't take action until they have too

Luke Bowden

First Grade
But people ARE pointing at other clubs dickheads and using that as a reason why May should be absolved. Media is media mate, it's never going to change. It's the calls of postcode hate and agendas against Penrith that I don't agree with (and find slightly annoying). I mean up until last season, it was a struggle to find anything about Penrith in the media. Now they apparently hate us and want to see us fall? I just don't buy it. Without May, there's no where near the amount of negative press.

Yes I agree with your second paragraph. @Smug Panther is a God among men ;)

You didn’t think the story about us being extremely arrogant was over the top?

That’s something that the club will forever have to live with.

I’m not saying that they hate us, and maybe it’s because I’m a one eyed Panther man, but I definitely feel like Kenty and his mates aren’t fans.

They discussed the coach of the year award and never even mentioned Ivan Cleary, he wasn’t even in the conversation!!

I know it’s all a big game, I simply just stop reading their shit and watching their programs.

ACTPanthers

Bench
You didn’t think the story about us being extremely arrogant was over the top?

That’s something that the club will forever have to live with.

I’m not saying that they hate us, and maybe it’s because I’m a one eyed Panther man, but I definitely feel like Kenty and his mates aren’t fans.

They discussed the coach of the year award and never even mentioned Ivan Cleary, he wasn’t even in the conversation!!

I know it’s all a big game, I simply just stop reading their shit and watching their programs.
Oh for sure, it's the May publicity I'm talking about brother.

I mentioned earlier that the whole try celebrations bullshit was just that, utter bullshit. (I've quoted the post below)

To me it's tall poppy syndrome, as opposed to a media campaign against the Panthers because we come from Penrith.

To me the instant he was found guilty was time to let go.

Same Coach, Same board, Majority same sponsors yet despite a far less offence he is going. Very strange for the club to now take the high road

You’re right, it was. But May had a lot of people in his corner that were prepared to give him a second chance. That second chance has now been burnt.

Yet they re-signed him.
You know what has no risk...Not re-signing him in the 1st place

Clubs want to win they don't take action until they have too

Absolutely, but you said they didn’t have any issue. Of course they did.

Sometimes people get so caught up in holding their position in an argument that they just end up sprouting absolute nonsense. That’s what you just did.

You can argue you don’t think he should be sacked without resorting to obvious absurdities.