What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UEFA Champions League 2011/12

WireMan

Bench
No-one said Ligue 1 was better in quality than the PL. But it's far more unpredictable. You can't argue with 5 different champions in 5 seasons. No league in the world can boast that variety.

And Marseille are shit this year anyway. But still better in Europe than Man U.

RE: Prem.
So who is going to win the league?
Finish in the top 4?
Get relegated?

And what do you mean by dependant on foreign owners?

Hahaha check out the bitter Man U fans on their rags :lol:

I was just helping you out, there was no such team.

Who have United got?

Well i'll be helpful to you again despite the hate.

No one, we got knocked out ages ago.

I would of thought someone with your knowledge of all things football would of known that...

Guess not.

TT when was the last time a german team won anything in europe

Back to this again eh? You're not a very good troll. Observe my techniques young Maggie, I've still got Wire Man upset over comments related to another sport in another part of LU weeks ago. Repeatedly asking "when did X team win Y trophy" 1,000 times is poor trolling. You can do better! I've seen your xenophobic rants in 4C, put some effort in here please.

FTR I believe it would be Bayern in 2001.

WireMan

Bench
Back to this again eh? You're not a very good troll. Observe my techniques young Maggie, I've still got Wire Man upset over comments related to another sport in another part of LU weeks ago. Repeatedly asking "when did X team win Y trophy" 1,000 times is poor trolling. You can do better! I've seen your xenophobic rants in 4C, put some effort in here please.

Technique? :lol:

You mean the "say something totally wrong betraying your total lack of knowledge and pretend its a way to 'upset' others" technique.

That old chestnut.

You must like this technique though because you use it all the time on this forum.

Say something else stupid. Let Magpie see the full force of this technique.

Big Sam

First Grade
RE: Prem.
So who is going to win the league?
Finish in the top 4?
Get relegated?

And what do you mean by dependant on foreign owners?

1. Man U (like the have for the last 4 years)
2. City and the usual 3: Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea (just like they have for the last 9 years)
3. Any 3 of the 5 clubs at the bottom now. I.e. with 10 games left, you have a 60% chance of exactly predicting the 3 teams to be relegated. It's been as predictable and boring as that for a long while now. In fact there's only been one exciting relegation battle in the last decade that went down to the last day (can't remember the exact season but it was the one with Palace and Norwich going down and WBA staying up). Compare this to Spain last year where the team in 11th place could still have gone down on the final day.
4. The current business model of English football is unsustainable and if it wasn't for the generosity of foreign owners the PL would lose much more of its talent to the continent. Compare this to German where 16/18 clubs in the BL are fan-owned, and France and Spain where only 1 and 2 clubs respectively are owned by foreigners. As far as I know Italy has no foreign ownership. Yet they each have just as many UCL quarter final representatives as the PL.

All this is not a comment on the general quality of play. The PL by far produces the highest quality of goals week after week. It's just that the league as a whole has a consistent sense of 'deja vu' about it.

so if thats the case the BundesLOLa is inferrior to the English Premier League

due to the fact since the last time a german team won anything in europe two english clubs both won the ECL

WireMan

Bench
1. Man U (like the have for the last 4 years)
2. City and the usual 3: Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea (just like they have for the last 9 years)
3. Any 3 of the 5 clubs at the bottom now. I.e. with 10 games left, you have a 60% chance of exactly predicting the 3 teams to be relegated. It's been as predictable and boring as that for a long while now. In fact there's only been one exciting relegation battle in the last decade that went down to the last day (can't remember the exact season but it was the one with Palace and Norwich going down and WBA staying up). Compare this to Spain last year where the team in 11th place could still have gone down on the final day.
4. The current business model of English football is unsustainable and if it wasn't for the generosity of foreign owners the PL would lose much more of its talent to the continent. Compare this to German where 16/18 clubs in the BL are fan-owned, and France and Spain where only 1 and 2 clubs respectively are owned by foreigners. As far as I know Italy has no foreign ownership. Yet they each have just as many UCL quarter final representatives as the PL.

All this is not a comment on the general quality of play. The PL by far produces the highest quality of goals week after week. It's just that the league as a whole has a consistent sense of 'deja vu' about it.

1. United have not won the last 4 league titles. Writing off City eh?

2. So no Spurs who are in third at the mo then? You cannot have the usual and pick a team who are not the usual. Thats doesn't work.

3. Any 3 of 5 isn't a prediction. What your saying is that a number of teams could get relegated and you don't know who.

4. Which generous foreign owners? You mean Chelsea and City. Thats hardly a lot is it?
Spain has a few foreign owners now, and teams in Spain are very close to the edge due to the unsubstainable setup that league has with regards to cash. It is a sunny SPL.
Germany also has its fair share of big owners, there are two teams owned by Multinational companies, two (to my knowledge) propped up by rich owners, and a few who nearly bankrupted themselves trying to compete and a few smaller teams that never do anything.
Italy, we won't even go there, a total basket case of a country when it comes to cash. Oh and Roma is owned by an American.

It would make a better argument to say foreign money is hindering the premier league as the likes of City and Chelsea have increased transfer fees and wages making it harder to build teams. This in turn makes it more expensive to watch the thing.

langpark

First Grade
No-ones arguing that La Liga isn't a two-horse race, the fact is the whole league has gotten better though.

The likes of Valencia, Atletico Madrid and Athletic Bilbao would be able to the top 6 if they were playing in the Prem...

HowHigh

Coach
I really hope AC knock Barca out
Real should breeze through
Chelsea should manage
Bayern will go through

langpark

First Grade
APOEL v Real Madrid
Marseille v Bayern

Benfica v Chelsea
Milan v Barcelona

Real v Barca final.
Here's a stat for you that came up during APOEL vs Lyon. APOEL's roster was worth one TENTH of Lyon's! Anyone wanna do the maths now and compare APOEL's budget to Real's!?....

PaddyBoy

Juniors
No-ones arguing that La Liga isn't a two-horse race, the fact is the whole league has gotten better though.

The likes of Valencia, Atletico Madrid and Athletic Bilbao would be able to the top 6 if they were playing in the Prem...

But Messi wouldn't be able to handle an away trip at Stoke. :lol::lol::lol:

Big Sam

First Grade
if either Barca or Real Madrid where in the EPL half the team would be suspended at one stage or another for getting yellow cards for diving

If Barca were in the PL almost all the teams they would play would finish with 10 men or less because the English clubs wouldn't be able to come up with a solution to stop Messi/Xavi/Iniesta other than to start hacking away at them.

Latest posts