What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UEFA Champions League 2011/12

Not sure what the year 1999 has to do with your butt hurt over refs. I also find it ironic a Man U fan says another team gets favorable treatment from refs :lol:

HowHigh

Coach
Second penalty was bullshit, Barca was always going to get through one way or another

Looks like it's Real vs Bayern, Barca vs Chelsea

Cmon Bayern to go all the way!

langpark

First Grade
nice to see Barca crowding the ref to force him into giving penalties and fouls to them

No-one can argue with magpie on this one. Barca are the best in the business when it comes to this and it is something that needs a crackdown, it's gone beyond ridiculous...

It wasn't a penalty by the way. Nesta was grabbing busquets, Puyol was grabbing Nesta. Why penalise (and book) Nesta and not Puyol!?? Home ground decision. Barca were comfortably the better side across the two matches, but this was not a clear penalty...

langpark

First Grade
:lol:

I was wondering what that jolt was i felt. The Earth stopped spinning for a moment.

earth shattering stuff, i know....

Chelsea will get trampled by whoever they draw next round. They struggled to put away a 10-man Benfica....

I see whinging from a guy who's team gets destroyed by Barca. If they get all the dodgy calls why they have a clear penalty denied in Milan? Trying to come up with excuses to downplay their dominance of football these last 3 years.

BDR

First Grade
Chelsea to play Barca & Bayern vs Real Madrid

Probably the easiest game for Barca to draw, for the sense of theatre i'd love to see a Clasico final but for the fans i'd like to see Bayern play Barca at home.

Bulldog Force

Referee
I see whinging from a guy who's team gets destroyed by Barca. If they get all the dodgy calls why they have a clear penalty denied in Milan? Trying to come up with excuses to downplay their dominance of football these last 3 years.
That's what it seems he's doing - I just don't understand why people can't be grateful that they are witnessing one of the greatest soccer teams ever assembled!

Big Sam

First Grade
Interesting that we have the Spanish big 2, an English club, and a German club again in the last 4 just like last year. Far and away the best 3 leagues in Europe.

Jimbo

Immortal
Chelsea still proudly flying the flag for England

Now to avenge the injustice of 2009 against Barcelona...

Eddie.

Bench
Chelsea were awful this morning. They were outplayed by a ten man Benfica. Chelsea in general are a shadow of the side they were 3 years ago.

However, this is an opportunity the side has been waiting for.They were robbed three years ago against Barcelona by a horrific refereeing performance. Barcelona will go in the hottest of hot favourites. However Stamford Brudge will be rocking and guys like Drogba are going to be like a bull at the gates. He can't be assed in most games these days but watch him go in this one.

I fear for us at the Nou Camp, and I fear the golf in class between the sides. However I know we are going to be totally up for it and especially at Stamford Bridge I think we can shock them.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Chelsea were awful this morning. They were outplayed by a ten man Benfica. Chelsea in general are a shadow of the side they were 3 years ago.
Interesting. Benfica are easily the most improved CL team IMO. They couldn't even get out of the group phase last year, and this year they make the final 8. Great stuff!

Latest posts