What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UEFA Champions League 2011/12

langpark

First Grade
It could well be an all-Spanish Champions League AND Europa League final...

After tonight's matches, 3 of the final 4 teams in Europa League may be Spanish....

Big Sam

First Grade
It could well be an all-Spanish Champions League AND Europa League final...

After tonight's matches, 3 of the final 4 teams in Europa League may be Spanish....

Raul should get a warm :sarcasm: welcome in Bilbao tonight.

Apparently Athletic loathe Real Madrid (but I guess the rest of La Liga does too).

langpark

First Grade
you're probably right, but he was actually a likeable Real Madrid player :shock:. There seems to only be one or two per generation...

langpark

First Grade
As things stand at HT, the 3 Spanish teams and Sporting Lisbon are going through...

Only Atletico's fans would be a bit nervious at 0-0, because a 1-0 loss knocks them out...

langpark

First Grade
It's official, an all-Spanish final. Bilbao/Schalke; 6-4 aggregate! good value for money those two...

Big Sam

First Grade
Last time the winners of both UCL and Uefa Cup/EL came from the same country was in 2006. Funnily enough it was Spain then too with Barcelona and Sevilla.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
seems like million years ago since Seville won something

they seem to be heading in the wrong direction atm and probably wont play in Europa next season

langpark

First Grade
AB would have to be the favourites, I agree. Valencia/Atletico is a tough one to pick... A lot of strike power in both sides...

Eddie.

Bench
LOL typical idiot Chelsea fans with their selective memories for bad refereeing decisions.

To be fair the performance of Ovrebo will go down as one of the worst in the history of the CL. To miss 3-4 penalties for one team is really incompetent. Chelsea were robbed that night.

not to mention Abi's farcial red card. It all evened out in the end. But I love the usual Brittish bias where everything that went there way is overlooked.

I never like to win when we shouldn't have, like if we beat Inter in the CL semi 2 years ago after Mottas unfair red card, I would have felt bad. If a team I support gets a penalty from a dive and we score, I don't cheer. However I didn't feel bad at all when Iniesta scored that winner. It all evened out and we were the better team and I woke up the entire house with my cheering from that goal.

langpark

First Grade
not to mention Abi's farcial red card. It all evened out in the end. But I love the usual Brittish bias where everything that went there way is overlooked.

I never like to win when we shouldn't have, like if we beat Inter in the CL semi 2 years ago after Mottas unfair red card, I would have felt bad. If a team I support gets a penalty from a dive and we score, I don't cheer. However I didn't feel bad at all when Iniesta scored that winner. It all evened out and we were the better team and I woke up the entire house with my cheering from that goal.
how long have you been following barca?

Latest posts