What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UEFA Champions League 2011/12

this is what will happen in the return leg of the barca vs chelsea tie

at the camp nou

- barca will dive all over the place
- barca players will crowd the ref over the smallest thing trying to get a player sent off
- chelsea will get a player sent off
- barca will get away with fouling players and chelsea will get penalised for the smallest fouls

using TT's logic chelsea are the best team in the world because they beat chelsea

Eddie.

Bench
this is what will happen in the return leg of the barca vs chelsea tie

at the camp nou

- barca will dive all over the place
- barca players will crowd the ref over the smallest thing trying to get a player sent off
- chelsea will get a player sent off
- barca will get away with fouling players and chelsea will get penalised for the smallest fouls

Big chance of all of those 4 things happening. Ill add a 5th.

* Drogba will spend more time on the ground then on his feet.

Big Sam

First Grade
Let's not kid ourselves here - 2 shots hitting the post and a career-best save from Cech was all that prevented this from being a thrashing.

It's laughable to suggest Chelsea have any hope at the Camp Nou. The same tactic seen tonight won't work. Plenty of sides have gone and parked the bus at Barca and have left with a 5-0 scoreline against them. Same thing will happen next week.

abpanther

Staff member
Props to Chelsea and I agree that in the end it's about winning, not playing pretty football.

But lets be real here, it's not like Chelsea put on a clinic on how to stop Barcelona, Barcelona just missed a shitload of chances. I mean even if they put just one of those away the whole complexion changes.

Should be an interesting second leg.

Using my logic Chelsea are the best team in the world because they beat Chelsea? Masturbation is your specialty Maggie not mine.

Chelsea just kept boring British football alive. The EPL teams have failed miserably playing proper attacking football against teams this season in Europe

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Yes cause arsenals first half destruction of ac milan was so boring, the only thing that saved milan that day was both AOC and Walcott getting injured in the second half.

Barca just cant handle english teams in england, messi is also useless when goes anywhere near there

Valheru

Coach
ay Yeah, I know Chelsea don't give a shit what I or any fan thinks, and all they want to do is win. But that doesn't make me feel any better about the situation. If Chelsea win and other teams catch onto this style of play and this turns out to be the best style of play to win a game, then football will be way worse off for it.

No, Chelsea should not be proud, the only person who should be happy is Abramovich and De Matteo, coz he gets to keep his job. The players didn't even play football. Nothing to be proud of, especially Drogba. Ramires can be proud, I guess, he was the only one that tried anything.

I get your point but this type of tactic has been employed in all sports from day dot.

If you can’t beat them, beat them...

Yes cause arsenals first half destruction of ac milan was so boring, the only thing that saved milan that day was both AOC and Walcott getting injured in the second half.

Barca just cant handle english teams in england, messi is also useless when goes anywhere near there

:lol:

Milan played a f**king reserve team. How did the first leg go?

WireMan

Bench
ay Yeah, I know Chelsea don't give a shit what I or any fan thinks, and all they want to do is win. But that doesn't make me feel any better about the situation. If Chelsea win and other teams catch onto this style of play and this turns out to be the best style of play to win a game, then football will be way worse off for it.

No, Chelsea should not be proud, the only person who should be happy is Abramovich and De Matteo, coz he gets to keep his job. The players didn't even play football. Nothing to be proud of, especially Drogba. Ramires can be proud, I guess, he was the only one that tried anything.

Its upto Barca to adapt and change there system.
If a team cannot do that, then its there own fault.

Chelsea not proud of winning?
Rubbish.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
Actually if i want to complain about refs i look at the barca vs arsenal match last season with the r p sending off when they were primed to knock barca out

Actually if i want to complain about refs i look at the barca vs arsenal match last season with the r p sending off when they were primed to knock barca out

lol seriously? do you watch football? kicking the ball away like that is a yellow card offense every single time. its automatic. He already had a yellow card, so 2 yellow cards means bye bye.