What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UFC Undisputed 3

Eelementary

Post Whore
where to start...

Sub system is miles better... i actually takes skill... and you need to put some thought into the set up...

the career is a lot less staring at stats and more actual fighting...

the roster is huge...

the striking is improved... you can target your strikes a lot better... also... using weak strikes to set up the bigger strikes works much better this time...

its a massive amount better IMO...

The 2010 sub system cops a lot of criticism, and most of it warranted, but is this new system better? I would say perhaps. It beats shining, sure - but in my experiences thus far it takes no more nor less thought to set up a sub than in 2010. The main difference is that thus time around you know where you sit thanks to the visual aid.

As for the striking, I have found it no better than 2010 to be frank. If anything, I have found 3's striking mechanics to be floppies - in 3 different fights I knocked out my opponent with a left hook that missed him (and subsequent replays showed as much). Worst "weird" KO I ever got in 2010 was from a roundhouse that landed on the guy's shoulder but knocked him out clean.

The roster is great. Pride Mode is awesome. Career Mode's tweaks are welcome. But is it really that much better? In my eyes, the difference is slight. I feel this game flows less organically than 2010. I will give it more gameplay time, but at this stage I don't find it to be the saviour of MMA games people would have you believe it is...

Jono078

Referee
The game is that much better than 2010, it's criminal to say otherwise, IMO.

The only thing I don't like about the new submission system is how much room it takes up on the screen, should have been a little graphic near one of the corners of the screen.

I do agree it's frustrating feeling like you got an amazing KO only to see the replay showed that it didn't connect or hit another area than what you thought.

Next for the game is better collision detection and facial animations that are seen in the Fight Night series.

tokerShark

Juniors
Fight of the night DLC fighter pack is up on Xbox live marketplace.
I used Charles Oliveira last night, he's a machine in game, disappointed Anthony Johnson isn't in the middle weights, only in welterweight.
With this DLC pack, the lightweight division is stacked!

Latest posts