What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Underbelly: Razor

fightingirish69

Juniors
Well the thing about that is I believe they've penciled in a 5th series regarding some crime in Brisbane? That's what I heard. Brissy are yet to have a turn at this show. I might add I found the Underbelly Files (3 mini series) very boring!

mate . where are they going to film it? unlike sydney and melbourne brisbane has knocked down and revamped everything thats historical and the place doesn't look like it did 10 years ago ....let alone 40 years ago

Bulldog Force

Referee
mate . where are they going to film it? unlike sydney and melbourne brisbane has knocked down and revamped everything thats historical and the place doesn't look like it did 10 years ago ....let alone 40 years ago
I'm just telling you what I heard. And I agree Brisbane's history is very limited!

gUt

Coach
I'm just telling you what I heard. And I agree Brisbane's history is very limited!

Base it on the Moonlight State/Fitzgerald Inquiry. Fair bit of good stuff there I would have thought. Also that cesspit we call the Gold Coast is just down the road.

Or they could base it on the glamour and glitz of Ipswich:

"We've got a lot of mud to move Irene. Ipswich is a mud mine the likes of which hasn't been seen since 1974. When that river comes up again it will dump a load of brown gold and I want to be in position to take my cut of it..."

Munky

Coach
I always laugh at the inaccuries. There's always plenty. eg in the last series a plasma on the wall in the pub etc. Always good laugh or 2

In the frust 30 seconds they showed an LCD screen at Kings Cross Station in the late 80s.

I lol'd hard.

I still can't understand why they framed the shot to include it.

fightingirish69

Juniors
Base it on the Moonlight State/Fitzgerald Inquiry. Fair bit of good stuff there I would have thought. Also that cesspit we call the Gold Coast is just down the road.

Or they could base it on the glamour and glitz of Ipswich:

"We've got a lot of mud to move Irene. Ipswich is a mud mine the likes of which hasn't been seen since 1974. When that river comes up again it will dump a load of brown gold and I want to be in position to take my cut of it..."

but how much of the original buildings from that time still stand?

i believe that sex shop at the top of the valley still exists.
but the brunswick street mall has only been there for 23 years or so.
new farm looks entirely different

ffs even herschel street looks different

Firey_Dragon

Coach
and norman bruhn was smoking filtered cigarettes

That's not entirely inaccurate. I didn't watch the show but I understand it's based between ~1925-1940. Filtered cigarettes were invented in the 1930's. Given the timeline of the show I'm guessing it's still before they were invented, but not far off.

In the frust 30 seconds they showed an LCD screen at Kings Cross Station in the late 80s.

I lol'd hard.

I still can't understand why they framed the shot to include it.

In the TV movies they did, the first one was based in Melbourne in the mid 90s. They did a long shot of the city, and pretty much smack bang in the middle was AAMI Park. Made me lol.

Mader45

Juniors
I read the book by Larry Writer a few years back. Awesome read. First thing i thought was "epic period movie". But a 13 part series? f**k off! There are around 4 incidents between devine and leigh and each time the men did everything. Tilly was a british skank who only had power cause her dominating, violent cheating husband knew the law, that women could run brothels and not men. Plus they skipped good stuff like the army riots that instigated the six o clock swill and the first armed robbery with a car in oz that leigh was involved in. Would have been better off doing Joe Borg.

And as for the whole narration telling u what happens before it takes place...thanks for assuming we're geniused channel 9

Oh and boardwalk empire was shit. That show meandered on with bugger all happening. Deadwood was a true frickin masterpiece of television. Sons of anarchy is probably the best modern day crime show on.

Latest posts