What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unity

fish eel said:
To Be Truthfull, only Season Ticket Holders Know that STH tickets are $8. and they are not advertised you have to ask for them at the ticket booth. They are only for STH's that by their tickets on game day. They are not pre-purchased.

I'm a season ticket holder and I only found out about that through this web site. Maybe I dont read enough.

All I'm suggesting is, that a large number of fans are not season ticket holders, go to the football when they can, and when they go, would rather pay a bit more for a decent seat(particuarly at telstra).

But if there was some type of incentive for them through a discounted ticket price to sit with parramatta fans, you would at least have a chance to capture them. At the moment, the dad who may take his 2 young kids may pay more so the kids can see better, but he may have sat with you guys if there was a decent incentive for him to.

It just seems to me to be a market that is neglected.

Yeah Okay, that’s a fair cop, and something that the clubs could work on between each other, or maybe it would take an NRL mandate. But then once again, you have to purchase them via the Parra Leagues club. The Guy from Lidcombe can't by them there they are out if it also.

Also on that, is there a good seat at Telstra that costs under $30 ?

PB

Bench
A couple of inputs from me (cause i want to....)

In terms of the flyer idea, could i recommend asking the Parramatta trust and Football club for permission to place flyers on seats at Parra stadium this week (promoting the Dogs game) early in the day. Personally I will be there by 3:30 this week (and have pass access to most areas in the ground), so I could help out there.

I would also push to get it promoted on the big screen particularly at half time and near the end of the game when all the supporters are pumped and excited about our victory over the tigers.

Another note which I think some of us seem to over look. People who use this forum (and others like it) make up about 2% (at most) of actual spectators at the games. So promoting things on here isn’t really getting to your market.

Berta

Juniors
The fans we have in this forum are passionate ones, surely between us all we can get a couple of these ideas in motion and set about getting the parra fans to as many away games as possible, the more we get behind our boys the better!

Glenn

First Grade
Suitman said:
MarkInTheStands said:
Okay, For the Bulldogs Game,

Now there is a dedicated bay for Eels supporters they are Bays
104 - 1, 104 - 2, 103 - 1, 103 - 2, 102 - 1, 102 - 2, 101 - 1, 101 - 2.

This is exactly the problem.

If Mark didn't post it here, who'd F***ing know about it????

Suity

Me :D , tis amazing what a bit of research on seating arangments to keep seperated from Runts fans can do

http://premier.ticketek.com.au/Venues/VenueDetails.aspx?v=AUS&s=5647

And click on view venue map :idea:

eelz47

Coach
to help out, we didnt know about this or any other forum until late last year,hence we pretty much sat best seats at away games. and all other things we found out from big league and local paper etc.we always pre purchased tic too.

Hellsy

Immortal
PB said:
A couple of inputs from me (cause i want to....)

In terms of the flyer idea, could i recommend asking the Parramatta trust and Football club for permission to place flyers on seats at Parra stadium this week (promoting the Dogs game) early in the day. Personally I will be there by 3:30 this week (and have pass access to most areas in the ground), so I could help out there.

I would also push to get it promoted on the big screen particularly at half time and near the end of the game when all the supporters are pumped and excited about our victory over the tigers.

Another note which I think some of us seem to over look. People who use this forum (and others like it) make up about 2% (at most) of actual spectators at the games. So promoting things on here isn’t really getting to your market.

I'll do some in the Cronin stand

stiffmeister

Bench

You need alot of flyers as response rate is usually 3 %

Good Luck

;-)

The Colonel

Immortal
On the flyers. Who is up for covering the cost of printing them? I'm keen but I'm not sure how my wife woulkd react if the flyers come from my hip pocket. Great idea but we need to start small before we go big just now. It is Thursday and unless someone knows/is a printer and can get them done by tomorrow morning for nothing so I can approach Damian and probably Bonnie regarding approval its a tight squeeze.

I will talk to Damian tomorrow (my first day back today after holidays so I'm quite busy) and see if we can't get a promotional ad on the main website. In the meantime I will post on the Eels message board a detail of areas to sit.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Surely when a person goes to the NRL web page and finds out the eels are playing against the Bulldogs they will click on tickets and up pops the first site.

i have NEVER done that and i have barely ever missed a game

JessEel

The Colonel said:
On the flyers. Who is up for covering the cost of printing them? I'm keen but I'm not sure how my wife woulkd react if the flyers come from my hip pocket. Great idea but we need to start small before we go big just now. It is Thursday and unless someone knows/is a printer and can get them done by tomorrow morning for nothing so I can approach Damian and probably Bonnie regarding approval its a tight squeeze.

I will talk to Damian tomorrow (my first day back today after holidays so I'm quite busy) and see if we can't get a promotional ad on the main website. In the meantime I will post on the Eels message board a detail of areas to sit.

please let bonnie and damien know how strong the support is for this and that we (well, i and some others) are so willing to hand out flyers, run a webite type thing, we will make sure it works, dammit!

PB

Bench
Wouldnt hurt for people to ring up a few radio stations and mention it. Community noticeboards on some stations or during talk back sport shows like on 2KY, 2SM, 2GB, 2MMM, 2UE, ABC. Have to remember that not a massive amount of people use the internet in terms of reading about the footy.

Fitzy should also tie it into his radio ads. It may not bring him direct revenue, but there would surely be spin off beneifts.

It really needs to be a huge effort. this is one of those things that you can't start and hope to build on. if it is only half arsed at the game, then plenty of people won't come the next time which means you will never be able to build. But if there are loads of people and it is loads of fun, then they will all come back, they will bring more friends and people who see it on TV will want to be apart of it.

miniHINDY

Juniors
sfx7012.gif

Looking at that map bays 103-1 and 103-2 dont look like they have a bad view.
I think thered would be a lot more people to sit there if you have better seats imo.

1eyedeel

Juniors
The Colonel said:

Well, didn't seem to have much interest in my first offer to help but I'll try again...

I've been thinking of doing a flyer campaign for my website anyway at an upcoming home game. I'd be willing to pay and organise for a joint flyer to be made up, as long as we can arrange the manpower to distribute it...

JessEel

I've been thinking of doing a flyer campaign for my website anyway at an upcoming home game. I'd be willing to pay and organise for a joint flyer to be made up, as long as we can arrange the manpower to distribute it...

conjoined? the blue and gold army, proudly sponsored by filthy_spammers and organised through his website?

The Colonel

Immortal
filthy_spammers said:
The Colonel said:

Well, didn't seem to have much interest in my first offer to help but I'll try again...

I think I missed you in there somewhere. Its all a bit confusing after coming back from 12 days away.

I'm sure we can manage the manpower in most areas.Though, the Dogs game maybe a bit close to organise a flyer for at this stage of proceedings. However we have at least three round after then to organise something properly that can be distributed at home games of which there are two before the trip to Toyota Park.

Maybe through your website we can leave details for those like-minded people who want to join us at the Dogs game for now and go from there? We can make this known through the official site message board, here and possibly rleague?

Just one thing though - The Blue and Gold Army is already used in the club marketing campaigns for their supporters club as has been mentioned before. As much as I'd like to see the name change maybe we can use something else to save confusion?