What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unity

spider

Coach
http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/the-lurkernrl-rumour-filemonday-231603

Flanagan safe at Sharks

The job security of Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan has been assured following the club's board elections over the past two days.

Former chairman Damian Irvine, who quit the club in controversy last month, was attempting to regain his spot on the board.

Irvine had already stood down Flanagan and sacked members of his staff and the Sharks coach – and the players – were nervous about his impeding return.

But Sharks fans voted resoundingly against him – he got around 140 votes compared to new bid leader, former basketball star Damien Keogh, who got over 1200.

so, if these numbers are somewhere near accurate, that would put keogh in as vice chairman - person who receives the most votes

and provided the other numbers of the unity ticket are correct, then keogh moves into the chair should there be a vote of no confidence against coleman

you wouldnt think they need do that considering they will control what is passed and declined through majority vote anyway

Special K

Coach
The thing twitter has shown me about this election is

if it is your friend = he is awesome, should be in and will do great things
if he is not your friend = he is a hopeless dope who will kill the club

I hope we don't hear about our f**king board again until the next election. STFU and stay out of the papers.

Jimbo

Immortal
http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/the-lurkernrl-rumour-filemonday-231603

so, if these numbers are somewhere near accurate, that would put keogh in as vice chairman - person who receives the most votes

and provided the other numbers of the unity ticket are correct, then keogh moves into the chair should there be a vote of no confidence against coleman

you wouldnt think they need do that considering they will control what is passed and declined through majority vote anyway

The constitution doesn't allow for Board votes of no confidence

Directors can only be stood down by the members

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The thing twitter has shown me about this election is

if it is your friend = he is awesome, should be in and will do great things
if he is not your friend = he is a hopeless dope who will kill the club

I hope we don't hear about our f**king board again until the next election. STFU and stay out of the papers.
You will hear lots about it K. The crew tied up with these muppetts behind the scenes are always in the headlines.
Wont surprise me one bit to see Bruno removd & replaced with John Elias.
its that bad.
Be interesting to see if what Choumi does now he got his guys on the board.
Will he still sue the club? Will he continue with the allegations that he paid Gallen in paper bags unbder the table?
When will Tony Zappia get a gig back at the club?
How will Samy Ayoubs players benefit out of all of this?
What effect will oconnell have with Sharks funding of Junior leagues seeing he is Vice president of Junior LEague Shire & Vice president of De LA Salle.
Cant believe you dopes who voted for this mob.

spider

Coach
I understand he was reluctant, but it was nonetheless a resignation

Yes it was.

To which the no confidence vote brought it about, even though it is not present in the constitution doesn't mean it cant be used in some view in the section on removal from office of directors.

Jimbo

Immortal
Yes it was.

To which the no confidence vote brought it about, even though it is not present in the constitution doesn't mean it cant be used in some view in the section on removal from office of directors.

Point being, as it relates to Coleman, he can't be dismissed by the board unless he agrees to step down

Frenzy.

Immortal
Like he won't be bullied in that direction. It could be untenable for Hypo if the scuttlebutt is true.

Frenzy.

Immortal
You will hear lots about it K. The crew tied up with these muppetts behind the scenes are always in the headlines.
Wont surprise me one bit to see Bruno removd & replaced with John Elias.
its that bad.
Be interesting to see if what Choumi does now he got his guys on the board.
Will he still sue the club? Will he continue with the allegations that he paid Gallen in paper bags unbder the table?
When will Tony Zappia get a gig back at the club?
How will Samy Ayoubs players benefit out of all of this?
What effect will oconnell have with Sharks funding of Junior leagues seeing he is Vice president of Junior LEague Shire & Vice president of De LA Salle.
Cant believe you dopes who voted for this mob.

Indeed

spider

Coach
Jimbo said:
Point being, as it relates to Coleman, he can't be dismissed by the board unless he agrees to step down
would you not resign though?? if a majority board were wanting you gone, why put up with unwarranted stress

I agreed re the constitution jimbo, but as i stated in my first post, they wont need him to step down as they have the majority

Jimbo

Immortal
would you not resign though?? if a majority board were wanting you gone, why put up with unwarranted stress

I agreed re the constitution jimbo, but as i stated in my first post, they wont need him to step down as they have the majority

True

But if they have half the business acumen which they claim to have, they will want to keep Coleman and Douglas around for a while, purely because of their experience

Let's see how clever they really are...

millersnose

Post Whore
Sounds like the old crew have done their smear well

It's the end of the club I tell yas!!!!

Meanwhile the vast majority of members have cast their vote obviously unhappy with the status quo

I don't pretend to know the future other than the new guys seem together and proffessional and I suspect the clear air will do wonders for the culture

Jimbo

Immortal

Meanwhile the vast majority of members have cast their vote obviously unhappy with the status quo

I don't pretend to know the future other than the new guys seem together and proffessional and I suspect the clear air will do wonders for the culture

It's interesting that you mention culture, because that has been my primary concern all along

As I said before though, now that the new board is in place they have a job to do

Time will tell, as it usually does

spider

Coach

Whilst the footy club will certainly move forward and be financially sound, I wouldn't feel as confident for the licensed club

In lieu of absorbing another $3.8m for the footy club it will be an uphill battle.

The statements even made an admission they would default on bank covenants in the first quarter ensuing the report.

All-in-all the licensed club fulfilled its charter, which was always to support the footy club.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal

It wasnt the old crew doing the smear. Far from it actually. & it sounds like you are another whos been well conned by this mob.
Clear air. haha. Zappia clear. Choumi clear.
This election was based on one thing & one thing only. the 4 sacked employees. Unitly played on it & its one of the first items of business on the web page.
How long will it take Milelrs for Unitly to re-instate the 4 sacked emplioyees, like they have told everybody they will do?
Whats a good time frame?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal

The chairman has 2 votes doesnt he?
I will bet this board splits faster than a hair anyway.
All Coleman has to do is hang tough & announce the decisions of the board to the media & leak like a seive. WE can only hope that is what he does.

newman

First Grade
The other blokes are ok but Oconnell and Mezzetesta are crooks. The money and push came from Choumi, another crook, and Zappia is in the background make no mistake. The members wanted a change and they got it. Good luck to this new mob I hope they do well.

Swift and brutal vengeance on Irvine. 140 votes. That is a pasting.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
The other blokes are ok but Oconnell and Mezzetesta are crooks. The money and push came from Choumi, another crook, and Zappia is in the background make no mistake. The members wanted a change and they got it. Good luck to this new mob I hope they do well.

Swift and brutal vengeance on Irvine. 140 votes. That is a pasting.
Another reason he should not have run. All it did was work against the vision team.

Latest posts