What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unity

newman

First Grade
So anyone got the dirt on why Craig Douglas stepped down?
I hope he wasn't throwing his toys out of the cot cos none of his mates got elected.

He's been on the board a long time and is mainly a finance guy. Unity have their own finance guy. His vote would be nullified. It's the right move for his mental health.

The Popper

Bench
No, only got 140 votes, GZ. Keogh topped the poll with over 1,000 so I guess he becomes the new VP.
Who supports the Board? I support every Board,Quigs. Until, in my opinion they stuff up. I believe every Board is there for the good of the club and should be evaluated on their performance. I was delighted with the former Board's performance re the Development, etc, but unfortunately, the way they handled the ASADA inquisition seemed contrary to how most members felt. Consequently, the vote turned out as it did. As for me, I voted for individuals whom I thought would best benefit the club, it included members of all three groups plus two independents. Consequently, my vote was only partially successful.

taipan

Referee
So who in here is for the new board and who is agin' the new board.

I am for.Disappointed Douglas dropped out.
My reasoning, players appear to be more receptive (maybe lost Carney ????) ,these guys may well have contacts with high profile companies that the club has not been able to visit.
Also if they do not perform,their so called high profile CVs will look a tad tarnished.

The previous board did a hell of a lot of good work,but what happened with the ASADA bizzo caused too much of a rift between players and the board .Having to get Bruno Cullen and co on board,emphasises the point,the club nuould not continue alomg its previous path.

I just wish the ASADA crap never arose,and IMO the previous board,would still be in power.That board has laid the groundwork for long term security ,which must never be forgotten.

Agree with the Popper ,I'll back any board in power,because it's my club.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
Honestly, WTF?

Did Douglas post that himself?

f**k I wish Twitter would spontaneously combust

Feej

First Grade
I'm surprised Rothfield hasn't put it up on the Tele's website yet...
Haven't seen him much on Twitter lately, unless of course he's blocked me. Seems to do that to almost anyone who disagrees with him and has a go back at him.

bottle

Coach
He "closed" his twitter account due to people calling him out.

I don't have links because I'm not on Twitter. Can cut and paste from elsewhere the tweets but with no links don't know if they will pass muster from the mods -

The tweet that forced him off.

@SharksObsessed: @BuzzRothfield I'm gonna say this in the nicest possible way. Die in a fire you horrendous alcoholic merkin

@BuzzRothfield: This account is now closed - thank @sharksobsessed

Needless to say 'merkin' was not the word used in the tweet.

shaggs

Coach
Am I the only one who sees the title of this thread and immediately thinks,
"Bitch hold my drink while I slap Charlie murphy"

Seriously though, the previos board did a lot of things, however the time has come for us to become a bigger and better business.

The last 20 years has seen coaches come and go, players come and go, money wasted on payouts to players and coaches, high profile signings failing.
The only constant has been some of the board members.
Barry was here for years and his ineptitude has a lot to answer for throughout some of our good years in the late 90's and mid 2000,s. we showed so much and couldn't deliver.

It remains to be seen how this board performs, and whether we going to see another era of jobs for the boys.

One can only hope that these business men, run the place as a business, keep things out of the paper and do whatever it takes to not taint their cv's as was mentioned earlier.

The remainder of this year will give us a good preview.

I like the rest of you are not interested in excuses. I don't want to hear "Asada stuffed us, we had to sack so and so, someone left the club, we couldn't resign old mate".

Get the job done, get people through the gate and support the players and the fans.

All of us different opinions on the former board members and their actions. We all think differently about the new board and whether they are crooks, de la cronies etc.
What we can agree in is that we want to win on the field and off it. Full stop.

Last edited:

Feej

First Grade
I don't have links because I'm not on Twitter. Can cut and paste from elsewhere the tweets but with no links don't know if they will pass muster from the mods -

The tweet that forced him off.

@SharksObsessed: @BuzzRothfield I'm gonna say this in the nicest possible way. Die in a fire you horrendous alcoholic merkin

@BuzzRothfield: This account is now closed - thank @sharksobsessed

Needless to say 'merkin' was not the word used in the tweet.
Gee, he's weak. Dunno how he would survive in here. Love the petulant "This account is now closed - thank @sharksobsessed", as if it's all his fault.

Latest posts