What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USA 2024

RedVee

First Grade
Roosters deserve a lot of credit for how much they are investing here. Generally when NRL & SL clubs ever partner with a developing nation, its usually token gestures like old jerseys or the promise of pathways (but zero guarantees)

Even if the Academy doesn't find any players and the LA Roosters become the Bandidos again, the promised sponsorship of 3 national teams + referees, provision of hundreds of Steedens & the club development fund will allow the domestic game to grow far quicker over the next 3 years then it would have otherwise & is more beneficial to the USARL than the Roosters.

It's a shame the Roosters don't even seem to be in the mix to return to Vegas next year. Would have been great to have the top squad & coaches back in LA and at both the new club & academy.
I agree that this is excellent by the Roosters.

I didn’t realise that they were rebranding the Bandito’s?

Sjrugby

Juniors
Hope they make balls more easy to get then. Almost every rugby league ball has to be ordered from outside the USA and those take weeks to deliver, and most of the time they have to be bought in bulk not 1 or 2 or 3 at a time. Best thing they could do is reach out to every club and offer to send a dozen balls to them. Men's, women's and youth teams.

This investment should be a wake up call to both sides of the rugby game. MLR and it's teams have quite a few "partnerships " with international teams but aside from jersey swaps and a photo op with coaching staffs, they really haven't meant anything, at least to the fans.

Would like to see more NRL sides hold preseason training here in America, could easily do a Day or two day youth camps for locals and just have a chat with a senior side if there is one in the area. WARRIORS training in Utah would be good.
One of the Hull sides doing the same in NY.

wain

Juniors
i thought this was an interesting interaction on FB. It seems this is the legit account for the ex-USARL chairman. Im confident he would know the answer to these questions. Not sure if there is any hidden agenda behind the questions, or just seeking clarification?
pic.jpg

Last edited:

yakstorm

First Grade
i thought this was an interesting interaction on FB. It seems this is the legit account for the ex-USARL chairman. Im confident he would know the answer to these questions. Not sure if there is any hidden agenda behind the questions, or just seeking clarification?
View attachment 89656
He is definitely being facetious. The problems in the north east & the breakaway into the RLU all occurred whilst Illfield was still chairman.

Sjrugby

Juniors
Whispers of disgruntled members making complaints against the DPs which could result in heavy penalties or thrown out.

wain

Juniors
yep, looks like the posts were removed, hence why my links above are no longer active...thats why i thought Id screenshot it ;)

wain

Juniors
the website still has the results from last season showing up as current, and doesn't list off all teams or comps.

seems we still have a long way to go. Im hopeful of the sponsorship and cash/resource injection, and that we can improve these small things to add some professionalism and accessibility.

Sjrugby

Juniors
Speaking with someone from the usarl board. It's taking some time to get things up to date on the current website, the previous regime left it a massive mess and not much cooperation from last members who where in charge. If I remember, the source said they are actually working on building a different website but because it's all being done on the side of current board members actual jobs its taking time to complete , there's no money from the usarl to pay board members so it's very much voluntary

yakstorm

First Grade
In other news from the US:

The South West Florida Copperheads are looking to add a Women's team this year to play local sides, Jacksonville & Tampa.

Whilst the season has technically started, the other two clubs are not opposing the Copperheads joining this year if they can get a squad together. Not sure if they'd be eligible for the national competition, but honestly the more teams & games, the better.

Junior Vaivai will join the USA Junior Hawks coaching squad for their upcoming tour to Europe.

yakstorm

First Grade
Results from the weekend

Good to see the Mongrel put up a big performance against San Diego after last week's thumping. Brooklyn Kings have put out a big statement in opening round of the RLU. Immortals look like they'll be a real threat to the Dead Pelicans PCRL title.

yakstorm

First Grade
Copperheads upset Jacksonville Axemen 32 - 14

Delaware Black Foxes defeated Boston Bears 50 - 14.

Provo Broncos defeated South Jordan Rabbitahz & Herriman Roosters defeated Riverton Seagulls, though not sure on scores for both.

yakstorm

First Grade
Fixtures for this weekend:

Bandidos v Dead Pelicans and Provo Broncos v Herriman Roosters should be good match ups. I worry about the score DC Cavalry might put on the Boston Bears.

yakstorm

First Grade
First lot of results coming through:

RLU:
DC Cavalry 62 - 8 Boston Bears
Brooklyn Kings d. Delaware Black Foxes (not sure score)

FRL:
Jacksonville Axemen 102 - 0 Atlanta Rhinos

Utah:
Riverton Seagulls 66 - 22 South Jordan Rabbitahz
Provo Broncos 52 - 40 Herriman Roosters

PCRL:
Sacramento Immortals 112 - 0 LA Mongrel

Latest posts