What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

v Broncos

vvvrulz

Coach
Mate, Costo and Halligan (especially Halligan) spent a big part of their 10 years in the box bagging and sometimes even ridiculing (which really grated) the Warriors. Costo is a Cowboys man and Halligan is a Bulldogs man.

This. They weren't quality commentators but they certainly are not biased. Speaking for these two only though, Husband very clearly is.

Big Pete

Referee
The commentators last night tried taking the Norman try off us before it was awarded, were complaining about us driving in the tackle, tried defending a blatant knock on from Omar & were complaining about a call against Manu yet allegedly it was the most bias call of all time.

As you said, people just hear what they want to & to me that call was every bit as bad as what we've had to put up with when we have to travel over to NZ.

_addict

Juniors
Ummm, why are supporters of the respective teams arguing against one another over the commentators?
a) They have no influence over the outcome
b) The networks offerings in terms of the commentators are in too many cases an affront to the entire league fanbase

_addict

Juniors
On the game itself.

Yes, Maloneys kicking was atrocious.

I can't really see that we rolled them up the middle through our forwards. I did think that our forwards played well and man for man made themselves a handful on the hit-ups, but the Broncos line speed was a feature of the game for them and were superior in that respect as a team throughout the game, and bluntened much of the impact our big boppas might have had.

There are some good signs there for our attack, but it still seems quite irregular, like we can't quite get the timings, or direction right yet. I think Johnson needs to add a few more strings to his bow yet. His individual trickery is great, but he's not yet seeing enough of the picture, nor projecting it far enough ahead. Hopefully that will come. If it does he'll enter a whole new level and could be really devastating.

Micistm

Bench
Well, I'm relatively happy after the game. Despite the disappointment of getting close but no cigar, they competed better than I thought they would. A close game and tbh I thought the Warriors were the better team. But obviously not because we didn't get the 2pts. Shit happens. They had the chance and couldn't get there in the end. But I am happy in that they have shown that they can hold their own against top sides, and now have to go better and get the points.

How many games have we now lost this year we really should have got the points? I get the feeling we're going to be adding them up at the end of the year and rueing those...

Juju

Juniors
The commentators last night tried taking the Norman try off us before it was awarded, were complaining about us driving in the tackle, tried defending a blatant knock on from Omar & were complaining about a call against Manu yet allegedly it was the most bias call of all time.

As you said, people just hear what they want to & to me that call was every bit as bad as what we've had to put up with when we have to travel over to NZ.
A blatant knock on from Omar??? he was facing backwards and it hit his foot before touching the ground.

fair cop Broncos fans are worse then roosters fans post game.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Well, I'm relatively happy after the game. Despite the disappointment of getting close but no cigar, they competed better than I thought they would. A close game and tbh I thought the Warriors were the better team. But obviously not because we didn't get the 2pts. Shit happens. They had the chance and couldn't get there in the end. But I am happy in that they have shown that they can hold their own against top sides, and now have to go better and get the points.

How many games have we now lost this year we really should have got the points? I get the feeling we're going to be adding them up at the end of the year and rueing those...

Made even worse considering those games were against teams who sit above us (Sharks, Tigers. Broncos)

I know people will be upset if we don't make the 8, but considering how young and inexperienced this team is as well as injuries mainly hitting our experienced players, I'm not overly concerned if we miss out.

In most games it's easy to see where the inexperience is costing us, and unfortunately that's something you can't fix without giving inexperienced guys, well, experience.

tangalife

Juniors
the thing with Husband is that hes a local small time commentator and only calls warriors home games. I wouldn't call him a full on professional commentator, so you would expect he would be biased. This is what you get with the small time business of league in NZ.

However I dont expect any of the commentators from Aus being biased as the game is huge over there, you have a variety of top quality league-only media forms (TV, magazine etc) that Ray Hadley's behaviour is kind of unacceptable.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Commentary bias comes as much down to the viewer as it does the commentators. Get so bored with the "(insert commentators) are so bias" calls when the reality is more often than not the bias is from the viewer who while caught up in the game doesn't want to hear people talking about the opposition when their own team is there to be talked about.

Same with referees, they really haven't gotten too much worse over the years, the main thing that's changed is the selfish "I want it, and I want it now" mentality of people who can't see anything other than their own POV.

As far as Hadley goes, I can't stand him so I can't comment on Friday's game because EVERYTHING he says annoys me.