What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

v Broncos

MKEB...

Staff member
Pete, check out some threads on this forum where we slate our own commentators... you would be amazed mate.

Izz

Bench
Not true. Heading into any Broncos game with Wally & Fatty I expect them to support the opposition and critique any call or possible try.
I've watched most Friday night Broncos home games this season, and i've never heard Wally support the opposition. As early as round 5 or 7 he was talking Brisbane up as going all the way and saying fans didn't know how special this team was.

Big Pete

Referee
Izz said:
I've watched most Friday night Broncos home games this season, and i've never heard Wally support the opposition. As early as round 5 or 7 he was talking Brisbane up as going all the way and saying fans didn't know how special this team was.

Never heard? Obviously didn't pay enough close attention to the Titans & Cowboys match. Those are just the games that stand out to me off the top of my head, if I was keeping tabs it'd be a loooong list. Unsure what it is, whether he wants to come off objectively or if he's still bitter about 1990.

MKEB... said:
Pete, check out some threads on this forum where we slate our own commentators... you would be amazed mate

I've seen those threads floating around I'm just amazed that Manu can't see how bias they can come across.

It's like Rabs, Sterlo & Gould doing an Origin call.

That's enough on commentators though. They didn't do a thing to contribute to a quality game of footy and another chapter to our great rivalry. Always look forward to our games and by the looks of the Suncorp crowd, so do you guys.

Hope your guys can make the finals. Your guys always make it interesting.

Pig Mouth

Juniors
In all fairness Pig Mouth, we should of had even more penalties.

Yeah why not. You should of had had 50 more penalties, no let's make it 60. :D Why not just chuck some extra points on the board for nothing just so the warriors can register a win.

Last edited:

ozbash

Referee
Yeah why not. You should of had had 50 more penalties, no let's make it 60. :D Why not just chuck some extra points on the board for nothing just so the warriors can register a win.

Now youre just being silly.

Monique will think youre dumb...

Pig Mouth

Juniors
Oh geez not another one.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Then there's the Warriors team that turns a blind eye to 90% of the calls that go their way but will immediately recognise a 50/50 going against them. You'll know when the Warriors are playing well because the octaves go up about 5 levels. Where as if the opposition go well, they put on their best respectful voices.

This isn't limited to the years we've had to listen to them on tv either. The radio is clearly just as bad.

Then again, commentary is a tough gig and most commentators flat out just suck. If I hear one more commentator mention they haven't seen much of a player who's played about 40-50 games of first grade I'm going to scream.

Mate, Costo and Halligan (especially Halligan) spent a big part of their 10 years in the box bagging and sometimes even ridiculing (which really grated) the Warriors. Costo is a Cowboys man and Halligan is a Bulldogs man.

Their constant misunderstanding and misinterpretation of refereeing calls (possibly even worse now with Husband) is awful but you are giving them way too much credit to suggest there is any sort of consistency or coherency to what they do.

I could think of innumerable examples but just one that stands out is a game against Manly in 2008. Vatuvei scored a barnstorming 60m try and for the length of his run Costigan was screaming "FORWARD PASS! THAT WAS A FORWARD PASS!.....oh and Vatuvei has beaten 3 defenders and scored". This kind of thing was/is very common. I guess we all hear what we want to hear.