What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

v Broncos

MKEB...

Staff member
Good game guys. Pretty even really and while I thought you had us in the backs and halves, your blokes just couldn't finish us off.

Also condolences for the King. Think it's the only time he's ever been Pro-Broncos. Must hate the Warriors. :lol:

But hey at least we're even for Round 9's commentary effort. :D

Cheers mate , I thoroughly enjoyed that that game, woulda enjoyed it more had we won... but geez it was a good game.

Cheers

loveleague

Juniors
Like I said, now you know how opposition fans feel like listening to your Kiwi callers.

Yeah - I listen to the alternate commentary and not the kiwis and I am a warriors supporter- but that was the most one-eyed amateur commentary I have heard for a long time - poor form Ray Hadley - you sound like a bigger dufus than mathew Johns and the classic aussie
a--e hole was prominent in the commentary tonight. Give the warriors the respect they deserve and but for some bad reffing - the first try of the broncos came after a bad call on a knock - on - I think they matched the broncos and were decidedly unlucky. Back off Manu - he had an okay game Hadley - he sounds like a washed - up race caller who needs to stay on the radio and not pollute the commentary box with his form of noise pollution. Great game and the warriors will be a force to be reckoned with come finals time.

JoeD

First Grade
My favourite bit was when he whined about a forward pass for about 10 minutes.

_addict

Juniors
I know the score of the Juniors, but not the nature of the game. Did anyone watch it? Did anyone impress?

Pig Mouth

Juniors
Deadset proud of the boys after that effort, we deserved to win and would of except for Maloney's goalkicking.

The warriors were very lucky with a lot of the calls by the officials tonight and they really tried to muscle up to the Broncs, but just not hard enough. It's because the QLD side was pretty much all broncos this year so that experience really showed up in the last 20. The better team just held on and knew how to win when it really counted. One thing I was really confused about was in the last 10mins when a warriors player clearly knocked on in front of the Broncos try line and the big afro dude was trying to rip the ball out of the Broncos player's hand. What was that all about? He looked like a knock on didn't even happen.

Last edited:

hitman82

Bench
The warriors were very lucky with a lot of the calls by the officials tonight and they really tried to muscle up to the Broncs, but just not hard enough. It's because the QLD side was pretty much all broncos this year so that experience really showed up in the last 20. The better team just held on and knew how to win when it really counted. One thing I was really confused about was in the last 10mins when a warriors player clearly knocked on in front of the Broncos try line and the big afro dude was trying to rip the ball out of the Broncos player's hand. What was that all about? He looked like a knock on didn't even happen.

:lol:
I like your sense of humour, pity you are an obvious troll.

We got sodomised by the officials, particularly in the first half. We were also the dominant team, pity our muppet kicker couldn't make that matter.
Well done winning on the back of soft penalty kicks...

Izz

Bench
Poor effort, dude. 2 out of 10.

Last edited:

Juju

Juniors
Is that you Ray?

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Like I said, now you know how opposition fans feel like listening to your Kiwi callers.

no

Just no

Incoherent stupidity and horrendous bias are two distinct things. Our commentators probably seem biased to Aussies whose unconscious expectation is bias towards the non-NZ team.

Warmess

Juniors
Whenever Brown touched the ball I thought "Hurrell would have scored from there". Sigh. Brown had good D though....I guess...

Pig Mouth

Juniors
:lol:
I like your sense of humour, pity you are an obvious troll.

We got sodomised by the officials, particularly in the first half. We were also the dominant team, pity our muppet kicker couldn't make that matter.
Well done winning on the back of soft penalty kicks...

If you call letting forward passes go like it's cool "sodomised" then fair enough. You do know that the Broncos had 5 penalties go against them and the Warriors only 3 right?

We won on the back of being the better team and having more guts in the end.

Big Pete

Referee
no

Just no

Incoherent stupidity and horrendous bias are two distinct things. Our commentators probably seem biased to Aussies whose unconscious expectation is bias towards the non-NZ team.

Not true. Heading into any Broncos game with Wally & Fatty I expect them to support the opposition and critique any call or possible try. They certainly started the night that way, but by the end your boys turned them into Broncos supporters.

Then there's the Warriors team that turns a blind eye to 90% of the calls that go their way but will immediately recognise a 50/50 going against them. You'll know when the Warriors are playing well because the octaves go up about 5 levels. Where as if the opposition go well, they put on their best respectful voices.

This isn't limited to the years we've had to listen to them on tv either. The radio is clearly just as bad.

Then again, commentary is a tough gig and most commentators flat out just suck. If I hear one more commentator mention they haven't seen much of a player who's played about 40-50 games of first grade I'm going to scream.