What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V Eels

murraymob

Coach
I don't know if pressure will be on Elliott yet, still round 1. If we get to the end of round 4 with games against the Eels, Dragons and Tigers and still have 0 then there'll be pressure

if you cant beat the Tigers and Dragons Elliott deserves to be sacked

WellsNZ

Juniors
Yeah I got sick of Mannering patting the guys on the head when they kept dropping ball, I am not saying to blast them but maybe a stern word and expectancy of excellence is needed rather than its ok mate, it happens bullshit.

It's not just Mannering, whenever someone screws up the whole team has to run in and give him a cuddle and make sure he's still feeling tiptop like it's an under 5s game.

if you cant beat the Tigers and Dragons Elliott deserves to be sacked

If they sacked him that quick then the team deserves to continue to be a disappointment.

Sick of people pointing to coaching to make excuses for this group of players. The team needs a coach they are committed to hitching their wagon to so that he can straighten out this group over the long haul and identify the rotten eggs and the excess fat. If you just keep chopping coaches it's only, once again, putting a band-aid over the real issues.

The Warriors need the players to be the ones feeling like they are under pressure to keep their spot, not the coach.

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Nice thought, but that performance was typical Warriors IMO.

But, that's kind of how I expected the game to go - always thought Parra would be red hot, I was actually stoked it was close at half time and wondered if we could roll over you.

Both teams have big question marks - I would not be surprised to see the Warriors to put 40 on the Dragons next week, and the Eels to be very flat.

If the Warriors get to the 8 on a late season roll (not convinced that will happen, but it should) they'll be very dangerous... but more generally, big issues at 6 and 7, and perhaps the worst coach in the NRL :crazy:

I honestly think you guys will be fine. There is too much talent in your team.

And try to take it easy on Johnson - he's a quality player, but he was lumped with a nuffy in Townsend.

vvvrulz

Coach
I honestly think you guys will be fine. There is too much talent in your team.

And try to take it easy on Johnson - he's a quality player, but he was lumped with a nuffy in Townsend.

Cheers for the positive thoughts, but you only have to see our player rosters of 2009 and 2012 to see how far our talented team can bomb.

Unfortunately Johnson goes missing a lot and that was with Maloney and Leulaui before.

hitman82

Bench
Bukuya came from an epic pack in the Sharks. I hope it wasn't a case of them making him look better... at 6 foot and 95 odd kg he's not exactly the kind of specimen our forward stocks are short of.

Pisses me off to see clubs like the Dogs stockpiling massive power-beasts while we still call players like Sione Lousi "big".

Thought we lacked aggression and impact big time versus the Eels... why the f**k can't Matulino and Lillyman run in the same style as Matagi?

JJ

Immortal
We missed JRo.

Captain and stand-off, or centre?

I thought Lillyman was strong too, he usually is - Palavi as well... Matagi was aggressive etc, but it would be interesting to see the stats, I imagine Matulino's were ok...

The Eels forward pack were pretty fired up, and that wasn't the sort of performance they'll be likely to turn out week in week out 0 the worry for me remains the inability of the halves to do anything if the pack isn't dominant... Johnson is obviously a huge talent, but needs to step up, and Townsend - well, he's ok, but atm a borderline first grader (as is Leuleaui at stand off imo) - need quality at 1, 6, 7, 9... not sure we have the spine yet - but game 1, so we'll be singing their praises when they towel the Dragons

Last edited:

Izz

Bench
Bakuya was a disappointment..
Thought he went all right his first stint, then he sat on the pine for 40 minutes while Lousi stuttered around, and when he came back on we were pretty much dusted anyway.

why the f**k can't Matulino and Lillyman run in the same style as Matagi?
Thought Lillyman did run like Matagi, actually. Matulino and Rapira, not so much.

Latest posts