What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Val Holmes set to join the NFL - Sharks grant release

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good luck to him, if he makes it it will be pretty amazing effort by him. He’s earnt a shed of money already for someone his age and if it doesn’t work out he can come back in two years on the open market and pick up a massive pay cheque from some desperate club. He can’t lose.

Danish

Referee
Well did he play a down in the NFL??

He returned punts... but technically that isn’t a down...

The guy did far better than I ever thought he would have...

I can’t actually remember if he played anywhere other than special teams in the regular season.

But let’s be honest here... he failed miserably.

Israel Folau’s AFL career was more successful than Jarryd Haynes NFL one...

He’s hardly the example you want point to when your trying to stick it to the LU NFL guys... :joy::joy:

He started at RB in 1 game, and took snaps at RB in several others.

So yes, he did play a down.

As for punt returning not counting as a down.... I’d also be interested to know what you think 4th DOWN is

carcharias

Immortal
Good luck to him, if he makes it it will be pretty amazing effort by him. He’s earnt a shed of money already for someone his age and if it doesn’t work out he can come back in two years on the open market and pick up a massive pay cheque from some desperate club. He can’t lose.

That’s what Hayne thought.

carcharias

Immortal
I’m not that fussed
It is shit to lose such a great player but he was gone anyway.
He could’ve gone about it a lot better.
In saying that
He’ll be back.
He has absolutely no hope over there.
If he thinks he misses Townsville now wait until he is stuck over there with no family , no mates and no life.

It will take a miracle.
There is way too much competition.

nick87

Coach
Christ, Gallen is just a massive f**king baby isnt he? Haha.

Id sooner rub drug cheats and scumbags who pick at stitches out of the game forever than someone breaking a contract a year early which is par for the course now.

You've obviously watch very little and know very little about the NFL but accuse others of having no idea, I find that slightly ironic.
Hayne is a prototypical NFL athlete in terms of height/weight/speed which is pretty much 50% of what their after, he also played on a really bad 49ers team where the majority of the RBs he was competing against weren't genuine NFL calibre and as such aren't in the league anymore, neither is the coach or the GM of that team, the first and second choice RBs at the time were also injured, to sum up a long story a lot of things fell into place for Hayne and Hayne is also a far superior athlete in terms of what the NFL looks for.

well exactly, at worst he completely flops, doesn't even get a sniff of a NFL roster and comes back to the NRL half way through next season, or perhaps he makes a preseason roster and gets signed as a designated pathway player and makes $150k a year to learn the game and experience something different and unique and he's back in the NRL in 18 months, I mean it's not like he's retiring
I think you picked the wrong poster. I've watched it since Moon, Marino and Montana were playing. But by all means rave on...

Quicksilver

Bench

Id sooner rub drug cheats and scumbags who pick at stitches out of the game forever than someone breaking a contract a year early which is par for the course now.

Yep, the captain of the club should be overjoyed that the marquee player just up and left in pre-season.

MilkShark

First Grade

Gallens an angel compared to Wighton.

carcharias

Immortal

Ha
f**k off
The teams best player
QLD and AUS rep just bails without even having the balls to tell his club or team mates.
This was after the club offered him the highest paid contract in the clubs history.
This was also after the club told him to go back to Townsville when he said his girlfriend a had sick relative.
This was also after the club had used his face in all the promotional stuff for 2019.
This was also after every off contract player had been signed ( except Hayne - apparently he is busy)

You really think Gallen (as the captain)has no right to be pissed off?
I can tell you he is not the only player very pissed off.
He is getting off lightly from Gallen.
Very lightly.

carcharias

Immortal
Getting off lightly?
I guess Gal knows a thing or two about that doesn’t he!
Getting off lightly with what Gallen actually said.
Did you even watch the interview or did you just pull your dick over the headline?

It was hardly the vitriol the news headlines made it out to be.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Ha
f**k off
The teams best player
QLD and AUS rep just bails without even having the balls to tell his club or team mates.
This was after the club offered him the highest paid contract in the clubs history.
This was also after the club told him to go back to Townsville when he said his girlfriend a had sick relative.
This was also after the club had used his face in all the promotional stuff for 2019.
This was also after every off contract player had been signed ( except Hayne - apparently he is busy)

You really think Gallen (as the captain)has no right to be pissed off?
I can tell you he is not the only player very pissed off.
He is getting off lightly from Gallen.
Very lightly.

Didnt hear you or Gal when you did the same to Leeds for their gun hooker

nick87

Coach
Yeah I saw the interview
Hard to make out the words between Gallen’s loud sobbing and nose blowing.

“I think it’s got to be a minimum two-years out of the game, if not forever”

f**k off, and f**k off now. Pissing and moaning about the integrity of the league... you know what actually does impact the integrity of the league and should be a minimum 2 year ban if not life?

Being involved in a systematic doping.
Gal needs to put a f**king sock in it regarding integrity, haha

carcharias

Immortal
Yeah I saw the interview
Hard to make out the words between Gallen’s loud sobbing and nose blowing.

“I think it’s got to be a minimum two-years out of the game, if not forever”

f**k off, and f**k off now. Pissing and moaning about the integrity of the league... you know what actually does impact the integrity of the league and should be a minimum 2 year ban if not life?

Being involved in a systematic doping.
Gal needs to put a f**king sock in it regarding integrity, haha
If that is pissing and moaning how would you describe a typical Ricky Stuart post match press conference?

f**k me your being ironic as a fan of the club with the games biggest sook .

nick87

Coach
If that is pissing and moaning how would you describe a typical Ricky Stuart post match press conference?

f**k me your being ironic as a fan of the club with the games biggest sook .

Lol, wow. We’re already here. One morning in, barely 10am and it’s deflections at 10 paces and “I know you are but what am I?” rountine

What a sorry state of affairs, Carch.

And it would only be ironic if I were someone who leap to the defence of Stuart. Which I don’t. I hate the merkin. So either you aren’t paying attention or you don’t know the meaning of irony.

I’ve also never offered a defence for Wighton who is, like Gallen, a total f**king scumbag.

I’m not a sycophant for those playing in the laundry I support. I’m not a parent of these players, I don’t need to love and unconditionally support them in everything they do. And neither do you, it’s ok to be a sharks fan and still accept Gallen, a man whose career has lacked integrity every step of the way, should perhaps STFU about the integrity of the game haha

carcharias

Immortal
Lol, wow. We’re already here. One morning in, barely 10am and it’s deflections at 10 paces and “I know you are but what am I?” rountine

What a sorry state of affairs, Carch.

And it would only be ironic if I were someone who leap to the defence of Stuart. Which I don’t. I hate the merkin. So either you aren’t paying attention or you don’t know the meaning of irony.

I’ve also never offered a defence for Wighton who is, like Gallen, a total f**king scumbag.

I’m not a sycophant for those playing in the laundry I support. I’m not a parent of these players, I don’t need to love and unconditionally support them in everything they do. And neither do you, it’s ok to be a sharks fan and still accept Gallen, a man whose career has lacked integrity every step of the way, should perhaps STFU about the integrity of the game haha

So
The question still stands
Do think it is unreasonable for the captain to be pissed off?
It actually just looks like because you hate Gallen that you are making this more than it is.

Also
On segeyaro
He was granted a release because he reckoned he was homesick

The sharks were already resigned to losing Holmes because he used a similar excuse.

So what vic Mackay is on about is anyone’s guess.

Latest posts