What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Val Holmes set to join the NFL - Sharks grant release

T-Boon

Coach
Then he got on the field with all the bright lights and looked like an absolute nuffy...

I think he prepared for everything except a muffed punt kick. If that first punt was hit right it all could have been okay.

shiznit

Coach
He was released because he requested a release. Sure they could have stood their ground but like most clubs they aren’t going to hold someone against their will. Think of it however you please but it’s a broken contract.
That entire post makes absolutely no sense... :joy::joy:

So he requested a release... which the Sharks granted... but he still broke his contract??

:joy::joy:

shiznit

Coach
Ok champ, keep trying, you will catch up one day.
Err... you might need to re-evaluate the position you’re in.

You’re miles behind buddy...

I suggest you go look up the definition of breaking a contract... that would be a good start.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

M2D2

Bench
Err... you might need to re-evaluate the position you’re in.

You’re miles behind buddy...

I suggest you go look up the definition of breaking a contract is... that would be good start.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Actually he was going to break the contract anyway, he was going and he would just end up doing what SBW did with the Dogs.
But hey, what else would i expect from a Raiders fan.

MilkShark

First Grade
Actually he was going to break the contract anyway, he was going and he would just end up doing what SBW did with the Dogs.
It’s over his head, don’t waste your time.

shiznit

Coach

Wow... you used the Raiders in a comeback... it made absolutely no sense at all but I applaud you for the effort... :thumbsup:

As soon as they decided to release him it doesn’t matter what his intentions were...

They CHOSE to release him. Gal can’t start sulking over it now.

But hey, what else would I expect from a Seinfeld fan.

M2D2

Bench
Wow... you used the Raiders in a comeback... it made absolutely no sense at all but I applaud you for the effort... :thumbsup:

As soon as they decided to release him it doesn’t matter what his intentions were...

They CHOSE to release him. Gal can’t start sulking over it now.

But hey, what else would I expect from a Seinfeld fan.
Why am i not surprised that a raiders fan is so stupid that he doesnt even self recognise their own fanbase being the bottom of the barrel.
And his intentions do matter. He wanted to break contract to play NFL. We just released him after he requested the release to sever the ties rather than hold on like the dogs did.

AJB1102

First Grade
Some of these NFL loving wankers have their heads so far up their arse they have no idea... Competing against millions who have played the game since they could crawl and makes it. Massive fail. :joy:

f**kwits.

And a pro athlete with fulltime coaching wont ever be able to understand the nuances of American Football... but they do.

aqua_duck

Coach
I doubt Holmes gave up a guaranteed $850K+ in 2019 unless someone in NFL showed decent interest.
thats not really how their recruitment works. NFL teams don't just take on someone like Holmes from scratch let alone pay him anywhere near $850k.
He'll take a similar route to a former English rugby player named Christian Scotland-Williamson who joined a NFL pathways program at IMG academy in Florida where he trained alongside Jordan Mailata. The International player pathway is a NFL initiative where they take guys from overseas and pretty much put them into an intensive learning program where they pretty much get personal coaching, as far as I know the guys don't get paid. The next step would be to impress NFL scouts enough to make a pre season squad and then survive the 53 man cut or perhaps make a practice squad.
If he can make a final roster he'll make about $500k in his first season, practice squad pays about $150k or so.

AJB1102

First Grade
thats not really how their recruitment works. NFL teams don't just take on someone like Holmes from scratch let alone pay him anywhere near $850k.
He'll take a similar route to a former English rugby player named Christian Scotland-Williamson who joined a NFL pathways program at IMG academy in Florida where he trained alongside Jordan Mailata. The International player pathway is a NFL initiative where they take guys from overseas and pretty much put them into an intensive learning program where they pretty much get personal coaching, as far as I know the guys don't get paid. The next step would be to impress NFL scouts enough to make a pre season squad and then survive the 53 man cut or perhaps make a practice squad.
If he can make a final roster he'll make about $500k in his first season, practice squad pays about $150k or so.

Wow, big gamble if that's the case. But not so much do or die when he can come back to NRL anytime and get better than average coin.

aqua_duck

Coach
Some of these NFL loving wankers have their heads so far up their arse they have no idea... Competing against millions who have played the game since they could crawl and makes it. Massive fail. :joy:

f**kwits.
You've obviously watch very little and know very little about the NFL but accuse others of having no idea, I find that slightly ironic.
Hayne is a prototypical NFL athlete in terms of height/weight/speed which is pretty much 50% of what their after, he also played on a really bad 49ers team where the majority of the RBs he was competing against weren't genuine NFL calibre and as such aren't in the league anymore, neither is the coach or the GM of that team, the first and second choice RBs at the time were also injured, to sum up a long story a lot of things fell into place for Hayne and Hayne is also a far superior athlete in terms of what the NFL looks for.
Wow, big gamble if that's the case. But not so much do or die when he can come back to NRL anytime and get better than average coin.
well exactly, at worst he completely flops, doesn't even get a sniff of a NFL roster and comes back to the NRL half way through next season, or perhaps he makes a preseason roster and gets signed as a designated pathway player and makes $150k a year to learn the game and experience something different and unique and he's back in the NRL in 18 months, I mean it's not like he's retiring

Latest posts