What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VALE

WA Tiger

Bench
Isaac Luke’s old man died while driving between cities in NZ. A slip hit him. Not good.

Last edited:
VALE JOHN SATTLER

What a tough mother f**ker on the field. Seemed a good bloke off the field though.
100% Tigerm, VALE John Sattler.

From all accounts his son Scott is a true good bloke and a gentleman just like his old man.

Took the 1969 Tigers to get one grand final from him.

Tigerm

First Grade

Vale John Hayes​

Nutz

Bench
Josh Taylor
I'm absolutely at a loss to learn that a good friend who I once played social golf with and knew his family well, has lost his son in that freakish sand cave in accident a week ago.
Josh's dad and another buddy of mine were actually there trying to resuscitate the lad.
It must have been so traumatic watching his son die like that.
I've been in and out if hospital myself and totally oblivious to it all until I recognised the name in an news article an hour ago.
I'm trying to find out the funeral details so I can attend and support Squizzy.
Squiz was a first grade footballer here in Brisbane and now a respected fire fighter for some time.
The Taylor family are well known up here.
Rest in peace Josh, your name and great memories will never be forgotten by me and my missus.
30b8cddec0d3e8ae0e9f587d2d582e4f.png
497-4974049_in-loving-memory-png.png

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade

Wests Tigers are deeply saddened to learn of the passing of former Chairman, Peter Hardgrove.

Das Hassler

Bench
Just got news that took the shine right out of this sunny saturday 16th Dec 2023....you fellow old guys be good to eachother...I know ive entered the "year to year lease" phase of my life and you never know when we don't see or hear from eachother again...i'll give a fitting nod to the friend lost here when it's appropriate

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Just got news that took the shine right out of this sunny saturday 16th Dec 2023....you fellow old guys be good to eachother...I know ive entered the "year to year lease" phase of my life and you never know when we don't see or hear from eachother again...i'll give a fitting nod to the friend lost here when it's appropriare
Look after yourself.

Das Hassler

Bench
Bummed out to mention the passing of Colin Burgess ...fulltime liver of life.....drummer of The Masters Apprentices...pre Phil Rudd drummer of ACDC and fill in for them whenever needed over the following years as well as too many other collaborations to go through. Colin was the devoted brother of former WT board member Dennis Burgess as well as his musical collaborator since they were at school. Colin was also a passionate Maggie's fan...grew up in Ashfield as well as a Pat Richards dropout from Concord Oval. He was a dear and always uplifting friend to everyone who knew or worked with him.
RIP and percussion Colin Burgess

Nutz

Bench
Bummed out to mention the passing of Colin Burgess ...fulltime liver of life.....drummer of The Masters Apprentices...pre Phil Rudd drummer of ACDC and fill in for them whenever needed over the following years as well as too many other collaborations to go through. Colin was the devoted brother of former WT board member Dennis Burgess as well as his musical collaborator since they were at school. Colin was also a passionate Maggie's fan...grew up in Ashfield as well as a Pat Richards dropout from Concord Oval. He was a dear and always uplifting friend to everyone who knew or worked with him.
Thanks for sharing mate. Sad indeed.
I hope Colin is still beating those drums in the next life.
Condolences to Dennis Burgess, all Colin's relatives and friends.
At peace.

Tigerm

First Grade

Headline news.

Nutz

Bench
@Das Hassler

My goodness, how ironic is this interview. It just goes to show you how unpredictable our existence is.
Live like there's no tomorrow I say, well at least make the most of every day.

One of his/their best.

Das Hassler

Bench
Col was already really sick in this interview and I can see the pain in him....in 98 he lost his spleen...half his bowel...broke most of his ribs but within about a year and a half was beating the f**k out of the drumkit like he was brand new...
Never harmed a living thing...never spoke ill of anyone and lived for tomorrow today!
* You will sooner or later forget the things somebody said....but you will always remember how they made you feel in their presence....for better or worse...that's the legacy we leave

Last edited:

Latest posts