What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vella officially signs with the Hull Kingston Rovers

lucablight

First Grade
Top of the props ONE of the most highly-rated props in Aussie Rugby league is heading for Craven Park, home of Super League’s newest team, Hull Kingston Rovers.
Michael Vella, the Aussie international and Parramatta Eels forward, has put pen to paper and accepted a three-year Super League deal with the Robins.
The move has left both player and club delighted.
Rovers’ Chief Executive Paul Lakin said today: “We are absolutely delighted to sign a player of the calibre of Mick’s undoubted quality. At the age 28 he is in his prime as a prop and is highly regarded as one of the top front row forwards in the NRL.
“Mick had a year of his contract to run at Parramatta and it is a sign of the ambition of Hull KR that we have brought him over here.” said the chief executive.
Vella weighs just over 16 stones and stands 6ft 3ins tall. He has been playing rugby since he was seven years of age. He has also represented NSW in the State of Origin battles.
Said Vella: “I am really excited about coming over to England and playing for a club like Hull KR. They have so much history and tradition and as a club they are renowned through Australia.
“They went really well in their comp last year ending up with a place in Super League. I am looking forward to working with Morgs (head coach Justin Morgan) again who I know very well. And I am also looking forward to helping Rovers cement their position in Super League this coming season.”
Season passes are on sale from tomorrow morning (Wednesday) at 9am, Nov 1 for current season ticket holders. They are available from the club shop on Holderness Road and from Craven Park.
Telephone orders can be placed on 01482 374698.

Source: http://www.hullkr.co.uk/indexafter.php

Nikki

Coach
Yeah, I think its in his best interest to take up a stint in England.. So does that mean we have our new player???

lucablight

First Grade
Last year he said he signed because he thought the Eels were close to a premiership. Just out of curiosity why the change of heart?

Nikki

Coach
Well I think he has a bub on the way, so maybe the $$$ factored into it.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Richard Fa'o what ever his names is can play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A younger player, but a year ago was highly sort after player, has a stack of potential who with Fui and Cannings could provide a dynamic, intimidating front row next year.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
People are kidding themselves, the bloke can play, who like Finch had a rough year at the Roosters.

Wasn't he also on the bench with Penriths GF side?

lucablight

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
People are kidding themselves, the bloke can play, who like Finch had a rough year at the Roosters.

Wasn't he also on the bench with Penriths GF side?

No he did not appear in their GF side.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Fair enough, but the following year he made a big impression with the Panthers for the Roosters to throw a stack of cash his way, unfortunately like Finch, Monaghan, Anasta, Harrison, he hasn't found his way there.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Phillips said:
i'd take Fa'aoso, good player

packs a punch too just ask dallas johnson

But the best part is, he always makes yards when he runs the ball.

Imagine Cayless, then fui hitting it up, the Richard, then Hindmarsh....f**k!!!, we'd make 50 metres each set of six before the kick:D

Good move by the club if true, imo we lacked go forward, and we were always it seemed kicking from our 40

easty

Juniors
Hi guys. I'm posting from Hull, England just wondering what your thoughts are of Vella. Strengths weaknesses ect. How do you think he'll go in the ESL.

Cheers.

Cordoba will hopefully take next step next year. He could be anything. I like the forwards that are at our club.

Latest posts