What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vella officially signs with the Hull Kingston Rovers

parraeels.com.au said:
MICHAEL VELLA
1 November 2006

The Parramatta National Rugby League Club wishes to advise that player Michael Vella has today been granted a release from the final year of his playing contract in order to join newly promoted English Super League Club Hull Kingston Rovers.

The 28 year old has signed a 3 year deal.

Vella, a local junior from the Canley Vale Club attended school at Patrician Brothers Fairfield.

In all, he played 159 First Grade matches for Parramatta, making his debut in 1998.

He played 10 State of Origin matches for New South Wales between 1999 and 2002; he played 5 Test Matches for Australia and was a member of the 2000 World Cup side.

"I'm sad to be leaving but all good things have to come to an end. This is a great opportunity and I'd like to thank everyone at Parramatta for what they have done for me. I'll miss you all," Vella said.

Parramatta Eels Chief Executive Denis Fitzgerald says Vella was a great Clubman.

"We were pleased to be able to accede to his request to play in the English Super League. He has been a wonderfully loyal player and is one of the select group of Parramatta juniors to have gone on to play for Australia," Mr Fitzgerald said.

Vella has twice been named the Parramatta Eels Clubman of the Year and has been nominated for Life Membership of the Parramatta District Rugby League Club at December's Annual General Meeting.

Seconded, All in Favour?

strider

Post Whore
hmmmmm - let me have a think and get back to ya ... :-k

(only joking - give him the keys to the change rooms)

FROSTY319

Juniors
He's the softest forward in the NRL. Good riddiance.
This is great news all round.
My wish has come true. Peterson, Delaney and now Vella are all gone.
Bring on 07 !!

dazeely

First Grade
I've heard the forward we have been linked to is O'Hara. On par with Micky V I reckon. Nothing outstanding but depth.

Stagger eel

Staff member
dazeely said:
I've heard the forward we have been linked to is O'Hara. On par with Micky V I reckon. Nothing outstanding but depth.

I don't think so mate...I'm pretty sure it's Richard Fa'osso.

Stagger eel

Staff member
dazeely said:
fair enough. your links would be a little closer than mine.

well it depends where you heard it from...my links have only come from the news paper reports published this morning. I also know that Dane Carlaw has was ruled out as a possability.

Tim Brasher

Juniors
Ryan O'Hara has two years remaining on his current contract with the Wests Tigers. They have very little depth in the front row and I will be very very surprised if the club would lit him go.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
MIcky Vella.....well what can be said about him?
While not an outstanding player, he represented the parra jumper in great honour and most importantly heart. At a time when the stars of the game are getting caught up with there own profile and bringing shame to themselves off the field. It players like Micky that everyone should look up too...someone that understood at the end of the day its just a game!
He is a local junior and its only these players, that once supported the club, who end up playing for them understand what it means to put on the blue gold to a supporter. At times he could of taken the easy option and bail out (after his cancer), but he always was there to take another hit up.
Vella, a clubman, you will always be blue and gold to us!!!!

Parraren

Bench
Fa'aoso apparently bulked up to 104-105kg whilst over in the UK and was playing front row.

When he was in the NRL with Penrith/Roosters he was mostly playing in the back row and weighed about 96-98kg.

Hellsy

Immortal
Prodigal Eel said:
MIcky Vella.....well what can be said about him?
While not an outstanding player, he represented the parra jumper in great honour and most importantly heart. At a time when the stars of the game are getting caught up with there own profile and bringing shame to themselves off the field. It players like Micky that everyone should look up too...someone that understood at the end of the day its just a game!
He is a local junior and its only these players, that once supported the club, who end up playing for them understand what it means to put on the blue gold to a supporter. At times he could of taken the easy option and bail out (after his cancer), but he always was there to take another hit up.
Vella, a clubman, you will always be blue and gold to us!!!!

Well said :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Latest posts