What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vella officially signs with the Hull Kingston Rovers

MrT

Juniors
Well is it safe to say that we have signed someone, whether it be Richard, Carlaw or O'Hara or whoever for that matter, as the condition was Vella only goes if we get our man. Looking for some good news in a day or 2. Just like to thank Vella for everything he gave for the club, a true clubman, something Lyon will never be

bartman

Immortal
I hope we have signed someone, but reports over here were that Vella didn't need a condition, as the "escape" clause was in his favour not the club's...

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a few players turning up with Hages that we didn't expect. Not stars or anything, just guys with strange contract clauses that might have been shopped around early under the new pro-tampering regime.

MrT said:
Well is it safe to say that we have signed someone, whether it be Richard, Carlaw or O'Hara or whoever for that matter, as the condition was Vella only goes if we get our man. Looking for some good news in a day or 2. Just like to thank Vella for everything he gave for the club, a true clubman, something Lyon will never be

Yep I'd 2nd that. Vella's playing talent does not compare to Lyon and I have often bagged him but as a Men ....... Vella has respect and Jamie is just a piece of sh*t. Infact your probably doing Vella an injustice naming that androtop from Manly in the same sentence as Vella.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Totally agree.

I've had my momemts with Vella, but at the same time i'm glad he played for us and he gave his all, Lyon reminds me of my ex.

rowdy

First Grade
:( oh no micky v!

it's not going to be the same without him...ever since i started closely following parra theres always been those 'senior' type players - hindy, caylo, burty, wags and vella.

take them away and its seems weird!

i luvd sitting on the hill after we'd scored or something, and we would be right behind him, yelling encouragement out...and he'd take the ball up and smash the opposition. dont know if he could hear us but really, whenever he fullon takes on the opposition, he is awsum!

Suitman

Post Whore
rowdy said:
:( oh no micky v!

it's not going to be the same without him...ever since i started closely following parra theres always been those 'senior' type players - hindy, caylo, burty, wags and vella.

take them away and its seems weird!

Geez, how do you think old fellas like me feel without Kenny, Stirling, Grothe, Cronin, Ella and Price???

All things must change.

Suity

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
yea, but to our generation, they are the Kenny, Sterling, Grothe, Cronin, Ella and Price's... this is the first time we've had to experience players we've watched since we started going to the footy retire. We know that things change, Rowdy was just commenting on how weird it feels!

*omg you spelt sterling wrong!!! :shock:*

yy_cheng

Coach
Suitman said:
Geez, how do you think old fellas like me feel without Kenny, Stirling, Grothe, Cronin, Ella and Price???

All things must change.

Suity

Bugga, I'm old.

I still remember Gerarld, Johnny Kolk, Atkins, Glover, Peard.

Toneee

Juniors
Suitman said:

All things must change.

Suity

And I love change! I never got to see the Glory years in full but the next generation moves in with new faces.

Perry Haddock

Juniors
MrT said:

Do you mean Dane Carlaw???

that guy is the Loch ness monster of forwards.............:x

A MYTH!!!

he completes 2 tackles and half a hit up per game:D

Latest posts