What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

versus Sea Eagles...

hitman82

Bench
Our new-look squad has me feeling slightly optimistic again.
Still definitely some glitches to iron out, and errors continue to threaten to drag us down. If the Roosters weren't a bit inept on attack last night could have ended quite unhappily.
But anyway at least we show some spark and aggression. Was hating the flat, tedious way we started our season off.

Elijah Taylor is coming along really nicely, could be our next Micheal Luck but with a bit more attack in his game.

Fish will likely be out at least 4 weeks, depending on the severity obviously.

Manly at Brookie will be a tough game.

Noone from last night's team deserves to be dropped.

1 - Hohaia (no other option in my opinion, and he played well enough to get the spot back temporarily at least)
2 - Tupou (still proving to be a very solid fill in player)
3 - Mannering (DEFINITELY better in the centres, was great again last night, should have passed to Berrigan though)
4 - Berrigan (should have had two tries)
5 - Inu (much better buy than I expected)
6 - Mateo (gives me heart attacks but hey that's what the Warriors are all about)
7 - Maloney
8 - Rapira (actually playing with a bit of venom now)
9 - Heremaia (still rusty but improving versus Roosters. As long as he doesn't throw forward passes I'm ok with him)
10 - Lillyman (got decent metres last night; needs to hold the ball)
11 - Brown (played 80 minutes and was awesome in the first half and most of the second, too many errors and penalties though)
12 - Ta'ai (give him a start, brings so much presence and aggression)
13 - Luck (great last night too)

14 - Mara (I think we need a sub for Heremaia, seems the obvious choice)
15 - Latimore (played well)
16 - Matulino (was a bit quiet, but not bad at all)
17 - Elijah Taylor (not so much punishing him as promoting Ta'ai - Taylor has played really well in his first 2 games)

Izz

Bench
Yeah, i like that team, except i'd bring Packer back onto the bench for Latimore. Packer ripped up for the Vulcans, and looked like he'd rediscovered his spark.

Mara v good for Vulcans too (though everybody looked good; the Jets were absolute rubbish).

I've been really impressed by Taylor. He plays with authority beyond his first-grade experience. Slots in wherever he's asked too, plays hard, talks both on defense and attack.

I enjoyed that our forward pack took it to the Roosters, and didn't get intimidated by a few big hits. Wore their forward pack down, and distracted them too, i reckon, so they were more focused on the collision than laying a good platform.

Hope Fish's injury isn't too bad. And i hope Hohaia sucks in his ego enough to hang off Mateo's shoulder next week.

ETA: i think Mateo's looseness comes down to his fitness. Made good decision in the first half and early second half, but not so good down the stretch.

Last edited:

Micistm

Bench
I am so ****ed off about the Fish. Sport is so cruel at times.
I've heard others knocking Mateo already, but I like him there. It's entertaining, and no doubt I will yell at the TV at times he is making it fun again!
I think minimal changes. Manly are one tough proposition, but each week there's a little improvement and at least the seasons back on now.

My Morning Coat

Juniors
yeah i like the look of that side to but i think we could see either packer or lousi coming in for mara as manly will try and bash us up in the forwards

hitman82

Bench
So, would you guys drop Latimore for Packer? I missed the Vulcans game but everyone seems to be saying Packer was on a mission.

Maybe we could keep the team as it is, and rather than using Mara, use Brown, Hohaia and Taylor to give Heremaia a break when needed, and have 3 props??

devoid

Juniors
I would bring Packer in too, but play five props. Manly generally out-muscle us, so to have Mats, Packer, and Latimore on the bench is the way to go IMO. Taylor to take the other bench spot (or start again with Ta'ai to come off the bench for punch). Bring Berrigan in to dummyhalf when Heremaia needs a breather, playing all backrowers out wide. Just go for the out and out wrestle from the get go.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Pretty much agree with the above, keep last weeks team but move Hohaia to FB for the Fish, Packer onto the bench and use Berrigan to relieve Heremaia at DH, with Brown slotting into the centres to cover him.

Meth

Staff member
Agree with the OP.

One more week in the Vulcans for Packer- make him fight for his spot. Latimore was good.

Heremaia survives another week

ozbash

Referee
Shaun Johnson might be back for the Vulcans next week, had a game with the Hibiscus Coast Raiders to test out the back. All went well apparently.

JAG

Juniors
Good news about Johnson.

If the pre-season trial was anything to go by, the game against the Eagles is gonna be brutal!

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
1 - Locke (give him a crack at fullback)
2 - Tupou (The next Ah Van)
3 - Mannering
4 - Berrigan (Falcon master)
5 - Inu (great hands)
6 - Mateo
7 - Maloney (City v Country is calling)
8 - Rapira (Kaha)
9 - Heremaia
10 - Lillyman
11 - Brown (similar to Bronson Harrison)
12 - Ta'ai (Kaha)
13 - Luck (don't be first receiver)

14 - Hohaia
15 - Latimore
16 - Matulino
17 - Elijah Taylor

TurtleWarrior

Juniors
1 - Locke (give him a crack at fullback)
2 - Tupou (The next Ah Van)
3 - Mannering
4 - Berrigan (Falcon master)
5 - Inu (great hands)
6 - Mateo
7 - Maloney (City v Country is calling)
8 - Rapira (Kaha)
9 - Heremaia
10 - Lillyman
11 - Brown (similar to Bronson Harrison)
12 - Ta'ai (Kaha)
13 - Luck (don't be first receiver)

14 - Hohaia
15 - Latimore
16 - Matulino
17 - Elijah Taylor

Chuck Packer in for Latimore and I'd agree. Also considering Friend's signing, what about bringing Mara in for Heremaia to give him some first grade experience while he can? I'm guessing Heremaia will be going since Friends an 80minute player and Mara is a junior with potential and most likely on much less coin.

Latest posts