What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Video taken of idiot fans @ WIN vs Titans

CreaghzyMark

Juniors
not really, when we chant st george and then take a breath and all you hear is a few lil nobs say steelars afterwards im pretty pretty sure thats not in my mind, its clearly in my ears

Firey_Dragon

Coach
not really, when we chant st george and then take a breath and all you hear is a few lil nobs say steelars afterwards im pretty pretty sure thats not in my mind, its clearly in my ears
How is you chanting "St George" any different to them chanting "Steelers". If you want to be so PC it's "St George Illawarra" OR "Dragons" and nothing in between.

You get people trying to stir the pot at every game, who cares, ignore it and move on.

Nevan_

First Grade
How is you chanting "St George" any different to them chanting "Steelers".

Its different because the name is "St George Illawarra Dragons". I don't see "Steelers" anywhere. Do you?

Steel Dragon

Bench
Motherf**ker!

How the hell is this thread still going?

Does anyone still care that there are some sh!tstirring idiots at games (like its never happened before)
Yes, the official name is St George Illawarra Dragons - but who cares what part of that anyone shouts out?

As long as fans are shouting something (positive to our boys and negative to the opposition and officials!) who the hell cares!

Quigs

Immortal
p-merge.jpg

Cheers
Quigs

steela

Juniors
like it or not, there 'steelers' name is embedded in the team, no matter how miniscule.
and some people don't like st george... if you merged with the sharks and were called the 'cronulla dragons' I bet you'd chant 'st george'.

what about those who wear the steelers jersey?

and on a related note, why do the tigers have a magpie on their sleeves?
there's no magpie in the name, shouldn't they remove it?

these poor fans have pretty much lost their team and are hanging onto SOMETHING... think they like it?
you don't want to give them that you selfish wankers.

don't go to wollongong games if it bothers you that much, you'll be doing yourselves a favour by voting with your feet anyway

Nevan_

First Grade
like it or not, there 'steelers' name is embedded in the team, no matter how miniscule.
and some people don't like st george... if you merged with the sharks and were called the 'cronulla dragons' I bet you'd chant 'st george'.

these poor fans have pretty much lost their team and are hanging onto SOMETHING... think they like it?

don't go to wollongong games if it bothers you that much, you'll be doing yourselves a favour by voting with your feet anyway

"Selfish wankers"? How is wanting "fans" to cheer the actual name, selfish?

steela

Juniors
"Selfish wankers"? How is wanting "fans" to cheer the actual name, selfish?

come on, I think this goes a little deeper than that.
I think the REAL issue is there's still a bit of the old team in there and you don't like it.

look... most people are accepting, but some aren't... it's a fact.
the major's efforts back this up, even the fact it annoyed him does.

I was directing my 'selfish' comment at these people.

if it simply bothers you they aren't chanting the correct name then you probably need to relax a little

Kiki

First Grade
for the record i like the fact that so much of our team is connected to the steelers. i dont get the anti steelers crap.

so many of our players grew up in the gong, hate on the steelers and ur hating on them.

steela

Juniors
for the record i like the fact that so much of our team is connected to the steelers. i dont get the anti steelers crap.

so many of our players grew up in the gong, hate on the steelers and ur hating on them.

I noticed a bit of that :lol:
only the very best were forgiven... poor barrett and ryles copped it most ;-)

Kiki

First Grade
well coops is one of everyones fave players and he is a gong boy through and through. and arent the Morris twins from down south too?? ben creagh as well.

Cooper-Man

Bench
You people are all lost. These guys dont pay to get into the ground. They dont travel to ANY away games and were not even old enough to remember the steelers. SO, to me they are just doing it to STIR US THE f**k UP.

Anyway, as I said in a previous thread last week. There is a knight in shinning armour out there, and whether it be this season or the next..............he will buy the club and im sure you know what he would do next. Its only a matter of time.;-)

petetheileet

First Grade
So is Hornby, Young, Poore, Head, Hunt, Prior, Heck even Weyman is from weeeey down the south coast...

well over half the squad

Nightingale and Stanley are St George juniors

Cooper-Man

Bench
So is Hornby, Young, Poore, Head, Hunt, Prior, Heck even Weyman is from weeeey down the south coast...

well over half the squad

Nightingale and Stanley are St George juniors

what are you trying to say about the st george area pete. The only person to blame for the lack of players is Doust. they dont put f**k ALL into the st george district anymore because they dont have the $$$$ due to the LACK OF FUNDS the steelers have to put in to their own back yard. SO putting sh*t on the st george district is un called for mate. All our home grown players are now playing in the scum comp for an opportunity.

And i think the last i remember.........the dragons are higher on the ladder than the steelers in harrold matthews and SG ball.

love my saints

Juniors

Moron...

heres some facts, fact 1... The steelers name is NOT embedded in the team, it st george illawarra dragons, NO STEELERS..

Fact 2... If we merged with cronulla.... HANG ON... we are NOT merged with them so who F#@KING cares

Fact 3... Those who wear the steelers jersey, save some cash and upgrade, no more steelers in the comp

Fact 4.... Magpie on tigers jersey??? AGAIN... WHO THE F@#K CARES???? Good luck to the magpies fans

And another thing.... they chant steelers while wearing a ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS jersey, not the brightest mob up there are they??? hahahahahaha

so in saying that, we are the ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS, by chanting steelers you are actually alienating yourselfs from the rest of us fans, time to grow up, whether youlike it or not, we are the ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS...

ONE TEAM, ONE SUPPORTER BASE

love my saints

Juniors

Kiki, if that is you in the pic your absolutely gorgouse.... LUNCH????:sarcasm::D just joking, not about you being gorgous, thats the truth, lol, about lunch, not that i wouldnt wanna take you, lol

Come on guys, lighten up, lets all just get along, who cares who's from where, we are one team....

speaking of whos from where, where you from kiki???? lol just kidding, trying to lighten up the mood, dont take any offence:D

Latest posts